Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

WWAUT - A New Year, A New Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless mode huh...That's gonna be great for farming perk levels. Wondering if we can select the difficulty of endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleflippy View Post
      Oh and... MEDIC AND SURVIVALIST REWORKS ARE LONG OVERDUE
      As a long-time playing medic I can say it's fairly solid if you know what you're doing. Using the buff side you can constantly give yourself the buffs you give other players which can keep you alive even when you're the last one alive. Survivalist though? That definitely could use a rework. Possibly more weapons for the class in a DIY kind of style. The class is called survivalist, you'd think they'd learn how to make all kinds of neat weapons from home appliances. It'd be a great chance to get both weird and creative with weapon designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkavine View Post

As a long-time playing medic I can say it's fairly solid if you know what you're doing. Using the buff side you can constantly give yourself the buffs you give other players which can keep you alive even when you're the last one alive. Survivalist though? That definitely could use a rework. Possibly more weapons for the class in a DIY kind of style. The class is called survivalist, you'd think they'd learn how to make all kinds of neat weapons from home appliances. It'd be a great chance to get both weird and creative with weapon designs.
        Yea i also think medic is pretty good as is.

Comment

Oh and... MEDIC AND SURVIVALIST REWORKS ARE LONG OVERDUE
          What do you think is wrong with the medic as of right now?

I think the medic is pretty good right now. i just think they need more weapon variety like perhaps a medic battle rifle?

shameless plug mode activate

Comment

Speculations inbound:

*Community Level*

-ShoppingSpree- (Zerith won 2nd place in one of the GrindHouse rounds with this entry & it is a worth while addition to the roster; it has however been a long while since the GH & there are many new candidates)

-Biolapse- (A relatively new Community map done in the Hold-Out style. This map seems to have caught the eye of many of the Community mappers & received notable praise & commendations to be "Official quality". It utilizes a lot of the laboratory assets & creates a familiar feeling akin to BioticsLab without feeling redundant. The spawns are very aggressive & it makes for a challenge.)

-Hangman's Bridge- (This level received a lot of praise from what I could tell. It has however a good deal of special assets & scripting which make it an unlikely candidate.)

*3 New Weapons*
            -Yeah! The MAC-10 gives the FB a much welcome accuracy based weapon. Hopefully it will be cross-class with SWAT & still use incendiary rounds.
            -New weapons I can only imagine will bolster the Gunslinger & Sharpshooter. Every class has received at least 1 additional weapon since Official release. Gunslinger is the only class to receive no class specific new weapon (ie: they got a few extras with the cross-class update but indirectly). Sharpshooter is often criticized as being underpowered so a new weapon may help revamp the class's tactical play.

*Returning Character*
            -I hope it's Security Officer Thorne & his deformed face. He wasn't the most popular but was a bit more unique in his deformity & would offer an interesting bit of voice acting.
            -I think it is likely Ash Harding. She is often requested as a 3rd tier option... The most popular that I see being requested are Mrs. Foster (which I think Mr. Foster names Barbara in his dialogue & possibly divorced) & Harold Lott (whose voice actor doesn't want to participate & re-include himself & his comedy persona with KF2) . D.A.R. is also possible but unlikely due to the poor cosmetic compatibility & lots of tweaking that would be needed.
            -The KF1 Trader would be a pleasant surprise as she has been given HD textures & a bit of a modeling rework by Community fans. Her transition into an actual playable character though is very unlikely.

Comment

Cucumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Foot Robot View Post
                What do you think is wrong with the medic as of right now?

I think the medic is pretty good right now. i just think they need more weapon variety like perhaps a medic battle rifle?

shameless plug mode activate
                I feel it is too straight-forward in his skill trees : you're either a battle medic (why would you if you're playing with a team?) or a buff-machine. Speaking of which, this is not exactly a fun gameplay either. Of course the perk can't be an ultimate killing machine as it is not his role (and it would make him far too powerful considering the healing bonuses he has) . Nevertheless, I find it kinda boring to be there to clear crawlers and not much else regarding zeds-clearing.

Not to mention the crossperk update actually made it WORSE. Since his whole arsenal is useable by other perks with MUCH BETTER effects (safe for the hemogoblin of course), I really wonder why you'd still pick the medic in the first place. I can melt zeds as a support with the medic shotgun AND be able to heal. Same goes for the survivalist who can even get the medic grenades if he needs to.

It's not really a matter of the medic itself being bad. It's just that it doesn't feel crucial anymore. That and the fact his skill tree is pretty weak and uninspired.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmidget View Post
                  Cucumber.
                  Pineapple Pizza.

Comment

Would love to see 20 rounds. With round 11 and 21 you fight a boss.

Comment

I was glad to see you guys are FINALLY taking care of the horrible initial loads that just gets worse and worse with every new content addition, maybe I won't have to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the game to finally load as opposed to just launching something else that doesn't take 5+ minutes to start.

Comment

I feel it is too straight-forward in his skill trees : you're either a battle medic (why would you if you're playing with a team?) or a buff-machine. Speaking of which, this is not exactly a fun gameplay either. Of course the perk can't be an ultimate killing machine as it is not his role (and it would make him far too powerful considering the healing bonuses he has) . Nevertheless, I find it kinda boring to be there to clear crawlers and not much else regarding zeds-clearing.

Not to mention the crossperk update actually made it WORSE. Since his whole arsenal is useable by other perks with MUCH BETTER effects (safe for the hemogoblin of course), I really wonder why you'd still pick the medic in the first place. I can melt zeds as a support with the medic shotgun AND be able to heal. Same goes for the survivalist who can even get the medic grenades if he needs to.

It's not really a matter of the medic itself being bad. It's just that it doesn't feel crucial anymore. That and the fact his skill tree is pretty weak and uninspired.
                        False. Playing difficulties above Suicidal without a proper Medic is still harder than with a Medic, 200% syringe recharge rate and 50% potency allows other perks to focus on getting stronger arsenal. And by the way, I have cleared small to medium Zeds with Medic's arsenal no problem, I think people calling for a Medic combat-buff are just addicts to the firepower of other perks-- That considering the Medic's healing buffs makes the entire team and themselves (with symbiotic health) superhumans.

If any changes, I would rather suggest Medic is the only perk where healing darts lock-on just to stop the bellyaching.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAphabet View Post

False. Playing difficulties above Suicidal without a proper Medic is still harder than with a Medic, 200% syringe recharge rate and 50% potency allows other perks to focus on getting stronger arsenal. And by the way, I have cleared small to medium Zeds with Medic's arsenal no problem, I think people calling for a Medic combat-buff are just addicts to the firepower of other perks-- That considering the Medic's healing buffs makes the entire team and themselves (with symbiotic health) superhumans.

If any changes, I would rather suggest Medic is the only perk where healing darts lock-on just to stop the bellyaching.
                          Well...There's only one difficulty above suicidal and since it's meant to be the most challenging one. So obviously you're gonna need all the heal you can... Hence why I'd strongly advise every perk to get AT LEAST the medic pistol in their arsenal anyway. And I'm not asking for a combat buff. I'm asking for a more interesting perk to play as. My main issue is that his skill trees are really a no-brainers...Which is not the case of the gunslinger or firebug for example. With the field medic, you're obviously going to pick the buffing side, or else you'll recieve flak from your teammates for being too selfish. Not to mention the actual combat-centric skills are not that impressive (the poison damages are far too low for example).

Why not opposing two different buffs and picking the one you find the most adapted to the current wave? Why not having the ability to either heal more or healing a bit less but instead giving out a bit of armor by healing (something which was removed as it was exploitable,but I guess it could work if the perk simply didn't generate armor at full health...). Why not having one skill which offers discounts on body armor for every perk OR allow them to regenerate passively 1HP/s for 5 seconds after being healed? Anything could work really! But I think choice should matter for every perk.

And yes of course you can still kill medium zeds. But when you have to use half your shotgun mag to do so, you really get the impression of shooting confetti.

Comment

Well...There's only one difficulty above suicidal and since it's meant to be the most challenging one. So obviously you're gonna need all the heal you can... Hence why I'd strongly advise every perk to get AT LEAST the medic pistol in their arsenal anyway. And I'm not asking for a combat buff. I'm asking for a more interesting perk to play as. My main issue is that his skill trees are really a no-brainers...Which is not the case of the gunslinger or firebug for example. With the field medic, you're obviously going to pick the buffing side, or else you'll recieve flak from your teammates for being too selfish. Not to mention the actual combat-centric skills are not that impressive (the poison damages are far too low for example).

Why not opposing two different buffs and picking the one you find the most adapted to the current wave? Why not having the ability to either heal more or healing a bit less but instead giving out a bit of armor by healing (something which was removed as it was exploitable,but I guess it could work if the perk simply didn't generate armor at full health...). Why not having one skill which offers discounts on body armor for every perk OR allow them to regenerate passively 1HP/s for 5 seconds after being healed? Anything could work really! But I think choice should matter for every perk.

And yes of course you can still kill medium zeds. But when you have to use half your shotgun mag to do so, you really get the impression of shooting confetti.
                            For a healing-centric perk, any variations would be a hard sell-- The obvious divide would still be "supportive" versus "combatant", so I see no problems with the choice of perk skills being straightforward. Anything that supplies body-armor is automatically out of the question, it has been an interesting dynamic in Killing Floor that buying armor is always in direct conflict with upgrading weapon tier in waves earlier than 5-6 out of 10.

I think fair changes to the right tree would be skills that doesn't increase Medic damage, but offer Zed debuffs as the alternative to player buffs, i.e. the choice to [weaken a specific Zed] over [buffing a specific player]: paralyzing darts, Medic grenades that slow Zeds, stacking acidic rounds that reduce Zed defense and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Foot Robot View Post
                              Yea Boiiiiii! 3 new guns! and im honestly happy the Mac-10 Pyro is returning over the M32. hopefully i can burn enemies as SWAT with it.
                              though i wonder what the new guns would be...
                              maybe one fictional and the second real weapon? i hope for the M4 Carbine returning as a commando version of the M14 EBR with laser sight and magnified scope. long range auto fire.

Also 2 new maps is what i think is very much needed and welcome. and are we getting the Hold your ground feature added retroactively in the other inagme maps?

Let me guess who the next zed exterminator will be: Security Officer Thorne. with a monstrous voice and insights into Horzine research as his quotes. but i want Mrs. Foster or Rae Higgins to return as well.

or the Shadow Ferret and the urban ninja/martial artist perk is in development!
                              no...lastmthing we need is zeds running around stupid or enraged all the time. it is bad enough with firebugs
                              Suic-15+ , HOE-20+, and most popular custom maps.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.161.19:23000/

Comment

Hey TWI, haven't been on here in forever! Saw the update on IG and wanted to come to on and say congrats and thank you for keeping KF alive and well.

Can't wait to enjoy all the goodies you guys got planned for 2018. It's especially fun since I play KF2 hardcore on PC and recreationaly on PS4 with my respective friends. And they're all grateful too.

Originally posted by imnrk View Post
                                Reggie the Rocker
                                I'll be ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X