• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - A New Year, A New Plan

Eight Foot Robot;n2312831 said:
What do you think is wrong with the medic as of right now?

I think the medic is pretty good right now. i just think they need more weapon variety like perhaps a medic battle rifle?

shameless plug mode activate

I feel it is too straight-forward in his skill trees : you're either a battle medic (why would you if you're playing with a team?) or a buff-machine. Speaking of which, this is not exactly a fun gameplay either. Of course the perk can't be an ultimate killing machine as it is not his role (and it would make him far too powerful considering the healing bonuses he has) . Nevertheless, I find it kinda boring to be there to clear crawlers and not much else regarding zeds-clearing.

Not to mention the crossperk update actually made it WORSE. Since his whole arsenal is useable by other perks with MUCH BETTER effects (safe for the hemogoblin of course), I really wonder why you'd still pick the medic in the first place. I can melt zeds as a support with the medic shotgun AND be able to heal. Same goes for the survivalist who can even get the medic grenades if he needs to.

It's not really a matter of the medic itself being bad. It's just that it doesn't feel crucial anymore. That and the fact his skill tree is pretty weak and uninspired.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2312841 said:
I feel it is too straight-forward in his skill trees : you're either a battle medic (why would you if you're playing with a team?) or a buff-machine. Speaking of which, this is not exactly a fun gameplay either. Of course the perk can't be an ultimate killing machine as it is not his role (and it would make him far too powerful considering the healing bonuses he has) . Nevertheless, I find it kinda boring to be there to clear crawlers and not much else regarding zeds-clearing.

Not to mention the crossperk update actually made it WORSE. Since his whole arsenal is useable by other perks with MUCH BETTER effects (safe for the hemogoblin of course), I really wonder why you'd still pick the medic in the first place. I can melt zeds as a support with the medic shotgun AND be able to heal. Same goes for the survivalist who can even get the medic grenades if he needs to.

It's not really a matter of the medic itself being bad. It's just that it doesn't feel crucial anymore. That and the fact his skill tree is pretty weak and uninspired.

False. Playing difficulties above Suicidal without a proper Medic is still harder than with a Medic, 200% syringe recharge rate and 50% potency allows other perks to focus on getting stronger arsenal. And by the way, I have cleared small to medium Zeds with Medic's arsenal no problem, I think people calling for a Medic combat-buff are just addicts to the firepower of other perks-- That considering the Medic's healing buffs makes the entire team and themselves (with symbiotic health) superhumans.

If any changes, I would rather suggest Medic is the only perk where healing darts lock-on just to stop the bellyaching.

Upvote 0
TheAphabet;n2312966 said:
False. Playing difficulties above Suicidal without a proper Medic is still harder than with a Medic, 200% syringe recharge rate and 50% potency allows other perks to focus on getting stronger arsenal. And by the way, I have cleared small to medium Zeds with Medic's arsenal no problem, I think people calling for a Medic combat-buff are just addicts to the firepower of other perks-- That considering the Medic's healing buffs makes the entire team and themselves (with symbiotic health) superhumans.

If any changes, I would rather suggest Medic is the only perk where healing darts lock-on just to stop the bellyaching.

Well...There's only one difficulty above suicidal and since it's meant to be the most challenging one. So obviously you're gonna need all the heal you can... Hence why I'd strongly advise every perk to get AT LEAST the medic pistol in their arsenal anyway. And I'm not asking for a combat buff. I'm asking for a more interesting perk to play as. My main issue is that his skill trees are really a no-brainers...Which is not the case of the gunslinger or firebug for example. With the field medic, you're obviously going to pick the buffing side, or else you'll recieve flak from your teammates for being too selfish. Not to mention the actual combat-centric skills are not that impressive (the poison damages are far too low for example).

Why not opposing two different buffs and picking the one you find the most adapted to the current wave? Why not having the ability to either heal more or healing a bit less but instead giving out a bit of armor by healing (something which was removed as it was exploitable,but I guess it could work if the perk simply didn't generate armor at full health...). Why not having one skill which offers discounts on body armor for every perk OR allow them to regenerate passively 1HP/s for 5 seconds after being healed? Anything could work really! But I think choice should matter for every perk.

And yes of course you can still kill medium zeds. But when you have to use half your shotgun mag to do so, you really get the impression of shooting confetti.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2312970 said:
Well...There's only one difficulty above suicidal and since it's meant to be the most challenging one. So obviously you're gonna need all the heal you can... Hence why I'd strongly advise every perk to get AT LEAST the medic pistol in their arsenal anyway. And I'm not asking for a combat buff. I'm asking for a more interesting perk to play as. My main issue is that his skill trees are really a no-brainers...Which is not the case of the gunslinger or firebug for example. With the field medic, you're obviously going to pick the buffing side, or else you'll recieve flak from your teammates for being too selfish. Not to mention the actual combat-centric skills are not that impressive (the poison damages are far too low for example).

Why not opposing two different buffs and picking the one you find the most adapted to the current wave? Why not having the ability to either heal more or healing a bit less but instead giving out a bit of armor by healing (something which was removed as it was exploitable,but I guess it could work if the perk simply didn't generate armor at full health...). Why not having one skill which offers discounts on body armor for every perk OR allow them to regenerate passively 1HP/s for 5 seconds after being healed? Anything could work really! But I think choice should matter for every perk.

And yes of course you can still kill medium zeds. But when you have to use half your shotgun mag to do so, you really get the impression of shooting confetti.

For a healing-centric perk, any variations would be a hard sell-- The obvious divide would still be "supportive" versus "combatant", so I see no problems with the choice of perk skills being straightforward. Anything that supplies body-armor is automatically out of the question, it has been an interesting dynamic in Killing Floor that buying armor is always in direct conflict with upgrading weapon tier in waves earlier than 5-6 out of 10.

I think fair changes to the right tree would be skills that doesn't increase Medic damage, but offer Zed debuffs as the alternative to player buffs, i.e. the choice to [weaken a specific Zed] over [buffing a specific player]: paralyzing darts, Medic grenades that slow Zeds, stacking acidic rounds that reduce Zed defense and the like.

Reactions: Bladerunner42
Upvote 0
Eight Foot Robot;n2312778 said:
Yea Boiiiiii! 3 new guns! and im honestly happy the Mac-10 Pyro is returning over the M32. hopefully i can burn enemies as SWAT with it.
though i wonder what the new guns would be...
maybe one fictional and the second real weapon? i hope for the M4 Carbine returning as a commando version of the M14 EBR with laser sight and magnified scope. long range auto fire.

Also 2 new maps is what i think is very much needed and welcome. and are we getting the Hold your ground feature added retroactively in the other inagme maps?

Let me guess who the next zed exterminator will be: Security Officer Thorne. with a monstrous voice and insights into Horzine research as his quotes. but i want Mrs. Foster or Rae Higgins to return as well.

or the Shadow Ferret and the urban ninja/martial artist perk is in development! :p

no...lastmthing we need is zeds running around stupid or enraged all the time. it is bad enough with firebugs

Upvote 0
Hey TWI, haven't been on here in forever! Saw the update on IG and wanted to come to on and say congrats and thank you for keeping KF alive and well. :D

Can't wait to enjoy all the goodies you guys got planned for 2018. It's especially fun since I play KF2 hardcore on PC and recreationaly on PS4 with my respective friends. And they're all grateful too. :p

imnrk;n2312764 said:
Reggie the Rocker

I'll be ready. :cool:

Reactions: Bladerunner42
Upvote 0
TheAphabet;n2312979 said:
For a healing-centric perk, any variations would be a hard sell-- The obvious divide would still be "supportive" versus "combatant", so I see no problems with the choice of perk skills being straightforward. Anything that supplies body-armor is automatically out of the question, it has been an interesting dynamic in Killing Floor that buying armor is always in direct conflict with upgrading weapon tier in waves earlier than 5-6 out of 10.

I think fair changes to the right tree would be skills that doesn't increase Medic damage, but offer Zed debuffs as the alternative to player buffs, i.e. the choice to [weaken a specific Zed] over [buffing a specific player]: paralyzing darts, Medic grenades that slow Zeds, stacking acidic rounds that reduce Zed defense and the like.

Woops, sorry pal. Totally zapped you here :(

Truth be told,I don't have much to add. I actually believe you've made very good points.

Upvote 0
I sincerely hope it isn't D.A.R.
I'd hoped for a returning female character: Ash Harding, Mrs. Foster, the Trader, or Dr. Rachel Clamely (in order of desire). The mix of male personas & personalities is so far pretty good (whereas the female diversity is lacking) & most of my favorite characters are already in the roster (excluding maybe Thorne), so I'm not really on the edge of my seat. But hell if Sebbington returned I'd buy 'the Ball' just to get him.

Upvote 0