• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Twisted Christmas Opt-In Beta - How To and Changelog

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone,

With the full release of the Killing Floor 2: Twister Christmas event happening next week (on December 12!), we are opening parts of the event up early to those brave enough to help us check for any major issues. Now there are a few things to note about this opt-in beta and how to join:
    • While we are not expecting any major bugs to show up to ruin Twisted Christmas, they just might (that is the reason this beta exists).
    • If you encounter one, please provide us with as much detail as possible how to reproduce it. This will help our teams find it and fix it faster. Being vague or referencing things that "everybody knows" generally is not helpful!
    • To join this test, "Right Click" on the game in your Steam Library and choose properties. From there select the beta tab. On the beta tab you will find a drop down box. Choose the option "preview" from that box and hit OK.
    • To opt out, you go to the same location and choose "none" from the drop down box.

While this beta includes the majority of content and features of the Twisted Christmas event, it will not include any seasonal event specific drops. Players progression, such as perks and achievements, will be saved and carry forward. With that in mind, there are some major changes we would love to have an extra eye or two (or a thousand) on!
    • The Twisted Christmas Zeds are ready to roam, and they hope you taste delicious
    • The Abomination/Krampus wants to give you his special kiss
    • A new system should be in place to look for and grant missing Dosh Vault crates that players have earned
    • And a myriad of fixes that will be detailed out in the changelog

Server admins who wish to help test this update can update their servers can run their server update script with the following addition: app_update 232130 -beta preview

A big thank you for all who choose to help us out! The full changelog can be found below:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Patros
    Highlights
    • The Twisted Christmas Zeds are ready to roam, and they hope you taste delicious
    • The Abomination/Krampus wants to give you his special kiss
    • The New Map Krampus' Lair awaits your exploration
    • 2 Naughty New Weapons - The UMP 45 and Freeze Thrower
    • A new system should be in place to look for and grant missing Dosh Vault crates that players have earned

Balance Changes
    Demo
    • M16m203
      • 1 extra mag added to initial ammo pool
      • 2 extra mags added
      • 1 extra grenade added
      • Grenade damage increased 50%
      • Regular grenade reload speed increased 11.8%
    • Pulverizer
      • Added to perk as a cross perk weapon
    Medic
    • Medic weapons now have new custom sights

Zeds
    We've adjusted the scale on the following zeds to further help them to stand out more easily in game.

Quarter pounder
    • Scale dropped down 5%
    Crawler
    • Scale decreased 10%
    Albino Crawler
    • Scale up 10%
    Alpha Clot
    • Scaled up to 10%

Bug fixes
    • Fixed an issue where the King Fleshpound sound effects did not play correctly
    • Fixed an issue where the admin console command kick and kickban did not work
    • Fixed an issue for spectators where the incorrect music would play at the end of a game
    • Fixed an issue causing spectators in a game to affect the displayed player count
    • Fixed issues with Razer and Alienware LED keyboard effects
    • Fixed a number of issues with cosmetic items not displaying correctly
    • Fixed an exploit on the Nightmare map
    • Fixed an issue in Tragic Kingdom where some environmental sounds played even when the player had left the area they are supposed to play in
    • Fixed localization issues in Russian, German, Italian, Polish, Korean and Japanese
    • Fixed an issue where the commando chicken skin would clip with certain weapons during reloading
    • Fixed an issues with the iron sights of the centerfire rifle not aligning properly
    • Added the Stoner and Spitfires to the workshop upload tool
    • Fixed an issue where projectile weapons did not always break glass or destroy collectables
    • Fixed an issue where dedicated servers did not always update Steam Workshop content
    • Fixed an issue with webadmin where Clan Motto or Weblink fields would not display after a map travel

Last edited:
    Reactions: Patros
    Upvote 0
    Hey! Worth mentioning that on Krampus' lair on Suicidal difficulty, I had a bit of a... problem.

I made it to the boss level on Suicidal difficulty. (Normal length game)
    When the Krampus spawned (magnificent boss, btw), I fought with him for about 20 seconds before the boss cinematic happened a second time.
    The boss introduction cinematic occurred and I could see from the camera effects going on that I was taking bloat damage from the Krampus already.

When the cinematic completed, I had taken a great deal of damage (probably from the krampus?) but I also noticed that a second Krampus had been spawned in. I spent the next minute or so running for my life until one of the Krampus simple keeled over and died. I only had it about a quarter of the way down in health, but one of them died apparently out of nowhere and I was given the "victory" screen as if I had killed him myself.

To be honest it was a wild ride start to finish, but I thought I would let you guys know that the Krampus occasionally spawns twice.
    Outside of that, I love the new update. The new weapons are a blast to play with and I'm looking forward to the full release. I'll be enjoying some of the new cosmetic changes as well. :D

Upvote 0
    68Roublesis$1;n2310067 said:
    Hey! Worth mentioning that on Krampus' lair on Suicidal difficulty, I had a bit of a... problem.

I made it to the boss level on Suicidal difficulty. (Normal length game)
    When the Krampus spawned (magnificent boss, btw), I fought with him for about 20 seconds before the boss cinematic happened a second time.
    The boss introduction cinematic occurred and I could see from the camera effects going on that I was taking bloat damage from the Krampus already.

When the cinematic completed, I had taken a great deal of damage (probably from the krampus?) but I also noticed that a second Krampus had been spawned in. I spent the next minute or so running for my life until one of the Krampus simple keeled over and died. I only had it about a quarter of the way down in health, but one of them died apparently out of nowhere and I was given the "victory" screen as if I had killed him myself.

To be honest it was a wild ride start to finish, but I thought I would let you guys know that the Krampus occasionally spawns twice.
    Outside of that, I love the new update. The new weapons are a blast to play with and I'm looking forward to the full release. I'll be enjoying some of the new cosmetic changes as well. :D

Thanks for reporting it. However, you should post it in the bug-section of this forum. Please do so to let the developers know.

Upvote 0
    Alright, so I had a single playthrough on the new map and here's my input so far :

-The new custom sights for the field medic are a welcomed addition. I thought it would be nothing, but I ended up liking the Medic's AR way more as a result (for some reason?). It is STILL not the medic tweaks we are asking for...But it's something.

-The map is pretty cool! I like that it is NOT that christmas themed and actually looks more like a horror movie set in a snowy place... That's a nice break from your usual maps and I really like it. It is also quite bloody! I would have liked a real giant wood chipper though, but that's just nitpicking!

-I'm damn glad the objectives are actually easier this time around! The games of Abusement park were a real pain to do... I do wonder what are the so-called "krampus trinkets" ? But I suppose I'll be able to find out. I've managed to unlock everything else on my first try though...

-The "stand your ground" mechanic is somewhat cool to add some risk/reward (and it quickly gets difficult to hold the point!) , but I also believe it will quickly get old... I play a standard long game and already barely stayed in the zone during the last wave. Buuut better to have than not have it right?

-I haven't tested the pulverizer in the demo's hands yet (I suppose it will be marvelous!) but the M16 changes are excellent. I only ever complained about the poor ammo pool, but having it increased AS WELL as the damages is certainly more than I bargained for. Nice work.

-The UMP-45 doesn't feel that different but honestly, there's so much you can do with SMGs... It's a nice alternative, doing more damage for a smaller mag... I think I'll pass the P90 even more often now.

-The Cryogun however is a reaaal surprise and a reaaal delight! I figured out that it would be more of a tool than a weapon (like the hemogoblin), but instead it deals quite a handful of damage in itself! It's also quite handy, quite cool (he he) to look at and a real pleasure to finally have something just for the survivalist. Bravo.

-The Abomination might take the cake for most annoying boss so far ;-) . It can quickly become a real minefields and the kamikaze zeds are painful to deal with! I can't tell if I like it or not at that point, but it certainly feels different and challenging. Just like a boss should.

-And finally...the skins are pretty cool as well! I'm a bit bummed that we basically have THREE Krampuses, but otherwise the skins are all pretty nice if a bit wacky for some zeds.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2310075 said:
    -The "stand your ground" mechanic is somewhat cool to add some risk/reward (and it quickly gets difficult to hold the point!) , but I also believe it will quickly get old... I play a standard long game and already barely stayed in the zone during the last wave. Buuut better to have than not have it right?

I was solo and stopped caring after the 1st wave. I don't think it's worth it for 200 or 400 hundred dosh max (and in solo it's impossible to defend on your own anyway). It's not like we had problem having enough dosh to buy t3 or t4. Maybe if you got a team you know but in a pub... it's not going to work most of the time :(

The Cryogun is really nice. Works a little like the microwave gun. You can easily stop Scrake and fleshpound. It could give a "role" to the "survivalist perk". You can kill cyst/crawler with one "tap". Siren freeze really easily. You can headshot Bloat, Siren and Husk in suicidal with alt-fire. As a solo, you can kill easily Scrake by headshooting with alt-fire (should take 5-6 shots in suicidal). Problem is of course Fleshpound but you can still freeze it.

Buying ammo seemed quite cheap too.

Reloading time is so bad though....

I have a request though. Since Cryogun is for the survivalist, could we please get XP for Survivalist when using this weapon even though we are using another perk ?

Siren's skin made me think about Lord Of The Rings :)

Upvote 0
    Nice job as always TW! Cheers!

b_350_20_000000_FF1212_59F40E_000000.png

Upvote 0
    I was playing with the medic shotgun to test the new sights, and I had my music off so it's fresh by the time of the 12th. I noticed that instead of a normal echo, the medic shotgun makes a "wub" noise, kind of like the aftermath of an energy cannon or something. I never used that gun much, has it always made that noise?

Upvote 0
    Feed back on the new krampus fight: Number of Clots simultanious spawns is too damn high, on hard we had 80 or so charging into the map from single points, and others coming in, in similarly large numbers, from other points on the map, combine that with the new bloat king's spawned green dudes and it makes for being unable to make anything at all out for a good while.

Also: forgot to mention dosh vault for seasonal rewards doesn't seem to be working, qq my Dosh Vult

Last edited:
    Upvote 0