• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Vaulting Around A Roadmap (and planning for next year!)

Pavlov's Dog;n2306580 said:
"Thank you" and "Insult Player" are two of the best taunts ever. I hope they get added.

Another taunt I want to see is "Are you ready?" or something similar, usable from the game menu. Dunno if it can be done, but it would be cool.

I always enjoyed the "hole up here", "get upstairs", and "get downstairs" quick commands as well.

I'm not sure why they cut down the voicelines so much compared to the first game and replaced it with additional "random" chatter.

Upvote 0
omano;n2306609 said:
Yep the current commands are not useful. I ended up making my own binding for quick chatting (it is only text but also works). Unfortunately, the common people don't have a clue about creating custom key bindings, so the in game thing must be improved for better experience for everyone.

I've been meaning to look into that actually - which config file do you put them into? I don't think we'll be getting many more quick commands since it took 2 years for a Thank You to be added. :)

`edit`

Reddit does wonders I guess..
You can create new bindings in game through the console, or by writing them directly into the KFInput.ini file. If you make them through the console, you can't set the Control, Alt or Shift flags, or their alternative flags. So if you need those, you'll have to edit the KFInput.ini file directly.

To open the console, hit the ~ key. This is where you can enter all sorts of commands, and I wish I could provide you with a link to all the commands and what they do, but that doesn't exist as far as I can see. So you've kinda gotta piece together what they all are and what they do on your own.

To make a new bind, you use setbind name "command". One simple binding that I have is hitting X to say "Thanks!" to my teammates. You can make this binding by typing setbind x "say Thanks!" into the console. Another useful binding I have is one that switches to my second primary weapon when I hit 5. This binding can be created by typing setbind five "switchWeaponGroup 2|switchWeaponGroup 0|switchWeaponGroup 0".

And that's how binds work. I find a lot of people don't use them, and then complain about problems that can be resolved by just making a couple custom binds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0