• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Vaulting Around A Roadmap (and planning for next year!)

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago we introduced you to the concept of the Dosh Vault, but made note that it may not make it into this update. We are happy to announce that it will be part of the next update along with the new holdout style map, Nightmare, as well as the two new weapons, all shipping later this month!

With that in mind, we want to share some details on how this first implementation of the Dosh Vault will work (we are expecting it to grow and evolve over time, with your feedback being a part of that process!). Completing the existing Weekly Missions, as well as new Daily Missions, will earn Vault Dosh. This new Vault Dosh can then be used to purchase a Vault Crate (NO KEY REQUIRED) containing a set of rewards, one of which will be granted when you open a Vault Crate.

Rewards obtained via the Dosh Vault will be only obtainable this way and will not be tradable or marketable. These items can include variants of existing weapon skins, character skins, and cosmetic skins, as well as some brand new things as the system evolves and grows!

Players who end up with multiple of the same Vault Crate loot will be able to craft them down into Dosh Powder, and turn every two of those into a chance at a new item. Below you will find a selection of some of the first items players will be able to gather via the Vault:

vaultitems.jpg

Another item we want to draw attention to is the Killing Floor 2 Trello board, and if you go visit it now you'll see a few things have changed! (https://trello.com/b/ZOwMRlcW) Moving ahead, players will be able to use the Trello board as a guidepost to future plans and updates (keeping in mind that things can change at any time! We will try and reflect that quickly on the board). Starting today there are details about what players can expect in the next update, as well stubs to be filled in later for future updates, including 4 major content updates for 2018, following our existing plans of one major update per quarter.

As an example of how to use the Killing Floor 2 Trello board, the King Fleshpound joining the fray (along with his quarter pounder friends) can be found under the October update along with other system changes and additions. And if you look at the Q4 update there is something big stubbed in there as well... We don't want to give away all the surprises just yet!

king.jpg

We expect the Q3 update to hit later this month, simultaneously on PC and PS4, and a week later on Xbox One. We hope you enjoy your visit to Boozo's Nightmare!

Last edited:
    Awesome news. Thank you for the Thank you (yes, intended). Actually, what would be really good to incorporate into the comms menu are separate (or combined if no space) buttons for Flashpound! and Scrake! Everyone needs to know when one or more of these shows up on the map. Much easier than trying to type.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this immensely.

Reactions: ®omano
    Upvote 0
    LolzMan1325;n2306405 said:
    so wait do you only earn 1 item per box or 5? sorry the picture is confusing me a little

Only 1 item per box but you can recycle them into "Dosh Powder" and use 2 recycled items to craft 1 new random item.
    Those 5 items are only examples what kind of items we could get out of the Vault Crates :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the way it will work ;)

Upvote 0
    AWWW YEAH!!

The Trello update is awesome, I like to check KF2 Trello sometimes during the month to see if there is anything new, and this time there is definitely new things and really good ones.

Also I hope we can get some new Pink-coloured items, they are my favorites! haha
    And maybe(in [a very far] future) we(brazilians) can get voice localization to brazilian portuguese, that would be my dream.

Upvote 0
    Not too happy about the solo balance changes, solo was already 10x easier than multiplayer. I can win solo HoE without really trying, but will get utterly and sorely destroyed in multiplayer HoE. Not really sure what the reasoning for making solo even easier is, maybe someone can explain it to me?

This is excluding the Hans changes by the way. Glad to see that he's slowed down a bit. And my gosh do some of these features look alluring! Really excited about this, the roadmap was kind of a gratuitous mess before.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    imnrk;n2306416 said:
    Not too happy about the solo balance changes, solo was already 10x easier than multiplayer. I can win solo HoE without really trying, but will get utterly and sorely destroyed in multiplayer HoE. Not really sure what the reasoning for making solo even easier is, maybe someone can explain it to me?

This.

Very glad about the newer and clearer road map though, which totally confirm what I was thinking : we're getting four major updates a year...Which is totally enough to keep me invested in the game. What I'm more surprised by however, is the fact we're getting TWO new bosses in a two months interval. Not that I'm complaining though... With four bosses, I think it will spice things up nicely. I would love however the inclusion of one or two new zeds at some point!

Can't tell if I really care about the dosh vault at that point, but I can hardly complain about recieving free items so...

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2306426 said:
    This.

Very glad about the newer and clearer road map though, which totally confirm what I was thinking : we're getting four major updates a year...Which is totally enough to keep me invested in the game. What I'm more surprised by however, is the fact we're getting TWO new bosses in a two months interval. Not that I'm complaining though... With four bosses, I think it will spice things up nicely. I would love however the inclusion of one or two new zeds at some point!

Can't tell if I really care about the dosh vault at that point, but I can hardly complain about recieving free items so...

Yeah the new boss information is very exciting, even more so that the winter boss isn't the Matriarch! Maybe it's that evil plant/tentacle monster from the Early Access concept art? We never saw that in-game, unless it was just a prototype clot mother.

And I do agree more Zeds, or at least zed variants, would be nice.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Awesome.

However i really don't like the new Dosh Vault thing :/

I hate random pulls, this is completely retarded imo, just to make people addicted and create Virtual lifetime to the game....
    I think it would be much better if you could choose what to have, like a Market only with Dosh Vault currency.

More and more crate in every game.... Those things is what makes me quit games.... We can't even choose our items on PS4 neither sell them.
    350h on it and i don't even have 3 good cosmetics outside of Weekly challenges...

For the last time, Random in games is bad, yes it works, because people fall for it, but damn that's stupid.

Upvote 0
    Skillet76;n2306443 said:
    Awesome.

However i really don't like the new Dosh Vault thing :/

I hate random pulls, this is completely retarded imo, just to make people addicted and create Virtual lifetime to the game....
    I think it would be much better if you could choose what to have, like a Market only with Dosh Vault currency.

More and more crate in every game.... Those things is what makes me quit games.... We can't even choose our items on PS4 neither sell them.
    350h on it and i don't even have 3 good cosmetics outside of Weekly challenges...

For the last time, Random in games is bad, yes it works, because people fall for it, but damn that's stupid.

I would have loved a "fixed rewards" mechanic as well. Something very simple really : once you it 10000 dosh, you gain the shark hat. Once you hit 1M, you get the crown etc...

Upvote 0
    So ready to tackle the King Fleshpound and his posse of Quarter Pounds! Bosses were in dire need of some variety anyway. :D

imnrk;n2306441 said:
    Yeah the new boss information is very exciting, even more so that the winter boss isn't the Matriarch! Maybe it's that evil plant/tentacle monster from the Early Access concept art? We never saw that in-game, unless it was just a prototype clot mother.

And I do agree more Zeus, or at least zed variants, would be nice.

Well, we are getting Quarter Pounds into the survival rounds with this update, like with the Gorefiends.

Upvote 0
    I am not gonna complain about the Dosh Vault as a concept. I like free stuff, anything that adds replayability & longevity to KF2 within the "cosmetic micro transactions" idea - is OK by me. I am excited to see how the Dosh Vault works at the end of the month.

Will the Daily Drop stay around?

Why do we have an entire vault if there is only one crate to buy? If it is only one crate my vault will never fill up because I will always craft that 1 crate ASAP. Will further updates bring more crates of various value or will it always be the same crate at the same cost with only the contents being updated/expanded or changed out?

Dosh dust? This industry standard that everything breaks down to dust irritates me. Even the word makes it feel like a grind. Material Component is great... a picture of a dish of dust is not so great (I'd rather it be a represented by a box full of parts or just a closed parcel even). Psychologically speaking if you are looking to keep players coming back to play daily then use constructive & cohesive ideas & illustrations.

DOSH is cash... something of equivalence to the British Pound £ and like most forms of currency most likely comes in two forms paper & coin. Dust, even gold or platinum dust, when combined with other metals to form coins isn't a currency standard that's relatable. Maybe something like D-coin, Traveler's Checks, Horzine credits, or something stupid like "dirty" dosh would be better than saying dust. It pays to market the idea in a way that's unique to the game & builds upon the ridiculous lore than using modern industry standards.

Upvote 0