• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Having A Nightmare

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello Everyone!

Last week we talked about the two upcoming weapons, the Hemogoblin and Seeker 6, and today we want to have a bit of show and tell on where you will be able to use these two new arsenal additions.
    map8.jpg

We welcome you into Boozo's Nightmare! It seems somehow you and your team have been quite literally swept up into his strange dreams. But first let us take a step back and try and figure out how this all happened...

Now when something strange is going down, Killing Floor fans know just who to call: Foster and friends! With reports that people have been disappearing near the dwelling of the reclusive Boozo, that is just who have saddled up to get to the bottom of this mystery.

For those of you who care to look into Boozo's history, you will find a long, hard life of soldiering, manual labor, and even an attempt as a clown (before being upstaged by everybody's favorite Pukey; it's all about the merchandising I tell ya!). But we wouldn't recommend you fall too hard for his tales of woe, as we hear tell that he's always been a tad strange and wherever he has gone, mysterious disappearances have followed...
    map4.jpg

Later this October, Zed hunters are invited over for a visit and perhaps a "bite" to eat. But beware, for when next you encounter Boozo, you will have entered Nightmare - the brand new Holdout style map! As players explore this strange and twisted space, new timed rewards can be unlocked, earned, and purchased.
    map1.jpg

One major Killing Floor fan favorite making a return is the Commando Chicken costume, as one of the purchasable options to help us fund updates like this!
    chicken.jpg

Remember to keep an eye out for the latest news, as we plan to share mechanics/gameplay changes as we move ahead towards the release of this update! As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback,

Tripwire

1)I'm not sure what to think of the map. It looks a bit "all-over-the-place" with those floating rocks (asteroids?). Not to mention we're getting ONCE AGAIN a clown-themed map... I know the twisted carnival has been a staple of the serie, but I'd rather see a new theme.

2)Glad to read we're getting more stuffs to do with the update as well! I hope it will make me come back to the game for 10-20 hours, since I don't play nearly as much now

3)A wee bit disappointed that Commando Chicken won't be available by completing achievement just like in the first game,but I understand that updates probably takes longer (and are indeed more expensive). I just hope it's a whole new character then, instead of just an outfit.

Reactions: D.A.R. and Seladur
    Upvote 0
    Although Hillbilly Horror was my least favoured set of Zeds I am sorry to see they appear to not be making it this year. I loved Mounty Patty and his dialogue and was looking forward to the new Zed types finding a niche in the theme.

Will the $5 suite sets ever get a sale? Maybe a grindable (recyclable) 50% off Coupon could be added to the daily drop mix? I've been on the fence to buy 3 or 4 of them... I know a 50% sale would push me over the fence.

I am excited for a new Hold-Out map. The mapping community hasn't taken to making any (from what I've seen) Hold-Out maps.

I see a lot of "flame-bait" & whining about the new content not being repackaged old content or what the Community thought was promised. Screw that ****. Good job TWI.

I am gonna throw out some new Halloween themes that I'd love to see just in case next year's Halloween gets a theme overhaul:

* Lovecraftian (I know it is an oversaturated market) "Madness at Midnight"
    - lesser Zeds: fishing-villager with "Innsmouth look" appearance &/or robed & hooded cultists
    -Bloats: waterlogged corpses or Elder things
    -Sirens: literally sirens- of the mermaid-isch fish variety
    -Husks: Lobster-like creatures (Mi-Gos) that shoot green bile-like alternatives to Husk's fire
    -Scrakes: a bulking lumberjack of a man with pseudopod like amoeba wrapped about his head
    -Fleshpounders- Squidfaced tentacle-armed beast
    -Hans: No body - just an improved "suite" with a brain in a jar as the pilot
    -Patty: Chimera - squid, crab, lobster, sea-monstrosity

*Deep Dark Space - "Apollo Apocalypse"
    -bring back the KF1 stuff a bit & give the Zeds space suites & alien malformations

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I was hyped up for the next until I came across this WWAU2. I am quite disappointed we get to have a character which was in KF1 for free and unlockable, to having this DLC only and on top of all that its not a player, its a costume. If you read the steam announcement forum for this update quite a few players are a bit disappointed including me regards to commando chicken. I understand that some of you will disagree on me with this, however its quite a shame to see a difference like this from KF1 to KF2. I guess we wont have "unlockable characters" anymore in KF2 and will just have DLC and costumes. (which is quite sad in my opinion). I hope TWI take this into consideration as I was really looking forward to unlocking this character :(
    Other than that the update seems promising and I am looking forward to the new holdout map!

Upvote 0
    D.A.R.;n2306054 said:
    I was hyped up for the next until I came across this WWAU2. I am quite disappointed we get to have a character which was in KF1 for free and unlockable, to having this DLC only and on top of all that its not a player, its a costume. If you read the steam announcement forum for this update quite a few players are a bit disappointed including me regards to commando chicken. I understand that some of you will disagree on me with this, however its quite a shame to see a difference like this from KF1 to KF2. I guess we wont have "unlockable characters" anymore in KF2 and will just have DLC and costumes. (which is quite sad in my opinion). I hope TWI take this into consideration as I was really looking forward to unlocking this character :(
    Other than that the update seems promising and I am looking forward to the new holdout map!

On steam forums everybody ****s on TWI no matter what they do. Im sure w get more characters for free in the future, also we don't need to pay for weapons like in KF1. But in my opinion Commando Chicken outfit should be unlockable in game and skins for that suit should be as DLC or add this outfit unlockable via dosh vault.

Last edited:
    Reactions: D.A.R.
    Upvote 0
    Everyone complaining about paying are ****ing ungrateful. You get free dlc content in the form of weapons, maps and game modes, but want to complain about having to buy a cosmetic. Don't buy it then. How else is Tripwire supposed to support free content if you won't buy something here and there? Unbelievable. This isn't YouTube, they don't get money simply for you being logged in.

Reactions: Mingovillain
    Upvote 0
    CARDUSH;n2306036 said:
    "Commando Chicken costume, as one of the purchasable options to help us fund updates like this!" gosh, I remember the good old times when holiday's costumes were free, I'm really disappointed </3

unless the costume will be unlockable, and different variations of it will be paid.. just like with hazmat suit, or the mark 7 suit.

Upvote 0