Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

WWAUT - Having A Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWAUT - Having A Nightmare

Hello Everyone!

Last week we talked about the two upcoming weapons, the Hemogoblin and Seeker 6, and today we want to have a bit of show and tell on where you will be able to use these two new arsenal additions.

We welcome you into Boozo’s Nightmare! It seems somehow you and your team have been quite literally swept up into his strange dreams. But first let us take a step back and try and figure out how this all happened...

Now when something strange is going down, Killing Floor fans know just who to call: Foster and friends! With reports that people have been disappearing near the dwelling of the reclusive Boozo, that is just who have saddled up to get to the bottom of this mystery.

For those of you who care to look into Boozo’s history, you will find a long, hard life of soldiering, manual labor, and even an attempt as a clown (before being upstaged by everybody's favorite Pukey; it’s all about the merchandising I tell ya!). But we wouldn’t recommend you fall too hard for his tales of woe, as we hear tell that he’s always been a tad strange and wherever he has gone, mysterious disappearances have followed...

Later this October, Zed hunters are invited over for a visit and perhaps a “bite” to eat. But beware, for when next you encounter Boozo, you will have entered Nightmare - the brand new Holdout style map! As players explore this strange and twisted space, new timed rewards can be unlocked, earned, and purchased.

One major Killing Floor fan favorite making a return is the Commando Chicken costume, as one of the purchasable options to help us fund updates like this!

Remember to keep an eye out for the latest news, as we plan to share mechanics/gameplay changes as we move ahead towards the release of this update! As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback,

Tripwire
    Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

**** me!! the chicken is back!
    winner winner chicken dinner!! jajaja
    thanks TW

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa- slow down, Tripwire.

Comment

What's the deal with the glowing pumpkin head? Unlockable? Purchaseable?

I must have this.
        Medium - Suicidal - KF1 & Popular Custom Maps

https://www.gametracker.com/server_i....158.29:23000/

Comment

Be still, beating heart. I have waited for thee.

Comment

"Commando Chicken costume, as one of the purchasable options to help us fund updates like this!" gosh, I remember the good old times when holiday's costumes were free, I'm really disappointed </3
            Last edited by CARDUSH; 10-05-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I will Grind all the free rewards! Purchasing them is not an option for me!

Comment

Can we have a Halloween Hazmat suit for the Halloween event mission reward? Please?

Comment

Also will the PS4's halloween event/update be realeased at the same time with the PC's update? Or do we have to wait again? It's not very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaticMaster View Post
                    Also will the PS4's halloween event/update be realeased at the same time with the PC's update? Or do we have to wait again? It's not very funny.
                    Editing a post instead of triple posting is always a great option... just saying.
                    Medium - Suicidal - KF1 & Popular Custom Maps

https://www.gametracker.com/server_i....158.29:23000/

Comment

Good Job TWI!
                      Last edited by Radio4ctive; 10-05-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Glad to see a new map, weapons, and some new cosmetics, but I am a disappointed that Commando Chicken is behind a paywall. Sad!
                        [URL=http://steamprofile.com][IMG]http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198034049483.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

1)I'm not sure what to think of the map. It looks a bit "all-over-the-place" with those floating rocks (asteroids?). Not to mention we're getting ONCE AGAIN a clown-themed map... I know the twisted carnival has been a staple of the serie, but I'd rather see a new theme.

2)Glad to read we're getting more stuffs to do with the update as well! I hope it will make me come back to the game for 10-20 hours, since I don't play nearly as much now

3)A wee bit disappointed that Commando Chicken won't be available by completing achievement just like in the first game,but I understand that updates probably takes longer (and are indeed more expensive). I just hope it's a whole new character then, instead of just an outfit.

Comment

Although Hillbilly Horror was my least favoured set of Zeds I am sorry to see they appear to not be making it this year. I loved Mounty Patty and his dialogue and was looking forward to the new Zed types finding a niche in the theme.

Will the $5 suite sets ever get a sale? Maybe a grindable (recyclable) 50% off Coupon could be added to the daily drop mix? I've been on the fence to buy 3 or 4 of them... I know a 50% sale would push me over the fence.

I am excited for a new Hold-Out map. The mapping community hasn't taken to making any (from what I've seen) Hold-Out maps.

I see a lot of "flame-bait" & whining about the new content not being repackaged old content or what the Community thought was promised. Screw that ****. Good job TWI.

I am gonna throw out some new Halloween themes that I'd love to see just in case next year's Halloween gets a theme overhaul:

* Lovecraftian (I know it is an oversaturated market) "Madness at Midnight"
                            - lesser Zeds: fishing-villager with "Innsmouth look" appearance &/or robed & hooded cultists
                            -Bloats: waterlogged corpses or Elder things
                            -Sirens: literally sirens- of the mermaid-isch fish variety
                            -Husks: Lobster-like creatures (Mi-Gos) that shoot green bile-like alternatives to Husk's fire
                            -Scrakes: a bulking lumberjack of a man with pseudopod like amoeba wrapped about his head
                            -Fleshpounders- Squidfaced tentacle-armed beast
                            -Hans: No body - just an improved "suite" with a brain in a jar as the pilot
                            -Patty: Chimera - squid, crab, lobster, sea-monstrosity

*Deep Dark Space - "Apollo Apocalypse"
                            -bring back the KF1 stuff a bit & give the Zeds space suites & alien malformations
                            Last edited by liamtranzig; 10-06-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I was hyped up for the next until I came across this WWAU2. I am quite disappointed we get to have a character which was in KF1 for free and unlockable, to having this DLC only and on top of all that its not a player, its a costume. If you read the steam announcement forum for this update quite a few players are a bit disappointed including me regards to commando chicken. I understand that some of you will disagree on me with this, however its quite a shame to see a difference like this from KF1 to KF2. I guess we wont have "unlockable characters" anymore in KF2 and will just have DLC and costumes. (which is quite sad in my opinion). I hope TWI take this into consideration as I was really looking forward to unlocking this character
                              Other than that the update seems promising and I am looking forward to the new holdout map!

Comment

Working...
                              X