• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Bleeding Rockets!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

Now, we are sure a few of you paused at the name of this week's What We Are Up To, but we hope to demystify as you read on. Today we want to introduce players to the next two weapons joining the Killing Floor 2 arsenal; introducing the Seeker 6 ( a returning classic) and the Hemogoblin (and something new) for players to enjoy!

seeker.png

Fans of Killing Floor 1 will remember the Seeker 6 as a Demolitionist weapon allowing users to target one or more Zeds and send a swarm of micro-missiles down range to "handle" the situation. Firing up to six micro-missiles, the Seeker 6 packs a big "little" punch. This Tier 4 addition gives Demolitionist players another tool to tackle the late game onslaught.

goblin1.png

The latest out of the Horzine R&D labs is something the teams in the field are calling a "Hemogoblin." This seven round contraption fires a projectile that literally "bleeds" what it hits, burrowing in and ejecting blood, or whatever passes for it in a ZED, out of the creature. This causes the target to quickly bleed to death. Such a horrific process of course comes with additional side effects for larger Zeds, making those creatures more susceptible to other types of damage and incapacitations - including slowing them and their attacks down and making them easier to stumble and knock down. Designed for team Medics, it also has the accompanying healing darts.

goblin2.png

We hope you have enjoyed this look at "what's next," but remember to tune in next week for a bit of a fright, as we take you deeper into a Nightmare.

Yoshiro;n2305798 said:
    goblin1.png

The latest out of the Horzine R&D labs is something the teams in the field are calling a "Hemogoblin." This seven round contraption fires a projectile that literally "bleeds" what it hits, burrowing in and ejecting blood, or whatever passes for it in a ZED, out of the creature. This causes the target to quickly bleed to death.

498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.png

Upvote 0
    I've been asking for the seeker six since this game came out, but I never really expected it to happen! I am beyond excited, the only reason I'm not screaming right now is because a game I've been hyping up for months just came out today, and that neutralizes things somewhat. The hemogoblin looks cool too, seems like it will give medic a little more strategy than middle mouse spam. I wonder if this means the medic rebalance will come with the halloween update? I doubt Tripwire would add a new weapon balancing it around a perk they know they are going to change.

Upvote 0
    Oh yeaaaah! Glad to see the Seeker Six back! I feel like it was very underrated in the first game. I think I would have put it as a T3 to get it along the RPG-7...But I guess it makes sense for what the perk is supposed to be (and to avoid having demolitionists cheesing everything again)

As for the medic gun... This looks nightmarish as ****! But of course we have to see what it's worth in-game... I really hope it will bring something new and worthwhile to the medic class (since it has been sleeping at level 17 for months now... I barely ever pick it up again)

Upvote 0
    Tefaan;n2305835 said:
    Seeker Six! Seeker Six! Seeker Six! I loved it in KF1!

This.

Even though it was pretty much useless, it was a lot of fun to play around with.

Considering the tier they plan on putting it this time around, I assume it will pack a bit more power. I cannot wait to see the re-release!

The med gun sounds interesting too. I'll be interested to see how the animations work - it sounds vicious.

Upvote 0
    [video=youtube;w7--2Tcu9W8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7--2Tcu9W8&t=339s[/video]

Look like the new rocket launcher just like Patty's rocket launcher, you can shoot 6 rockets in once or shoot 1 rocket.

The medic's electric cannon look like a EMP cannon, which will shock the zeds.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0