• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Seeing Some Top Men About The Future

I like the idea but hope it's supplementary to the current daily random drop & grinder system (ie: not a replacement).

The 'Quests & Contracts' system from Warhammer: Vermintide is actually quite OK in regards to player earned rewards. Although a 1-for-1 implementation wouldn't work in KF2. Bottom line players earn wax seals (acknowledgements) for completing contracts (max 2 daily or 4 on a Sunday with a HoE style Special contract completion) & those seals are used to "buy" new cosmetics. Every day 3 items are offered as a cosmetic purchase goal & you lock-in on one & the whatever seals you earn are put toward unlocking it. Seals necessary for unlocking are variable based on rarity & players see what items they pass up on each day & can change cosmetic goals abruptly but at the costs of losing all their accumulated seals. It is sometimes frustrating seeing a dream cosmetic slip by but ultimately you decide which offer is more enticing.

The dosh vault idea is nice but I agree that it is a bit illogical (we save money but always get deployed with a tier 1 gun). Exclusive vault cosmetics is appealing I hope this also encases Emotes & possibly new luxuries (ie: Trader Pod voice sets) (Additionally- Harold Lott as a PC @ the most expensive unlock would be funny imo). I hope the daily tasks won't be ever by individual players unlocked (ie: 'Land the killing blow on the Patriarch' or 'Kill -X- Fleshpounders') because that discourages Team play. The game is team-based so the accomplishments should also be team- oriented.

To my fellow players: In regards to the 1 new seasonal event- I prefer it to be for Halloween but suspect it'd be rather for Christmas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0