• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Seeing Some Top Men About The Future

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    (We heard they had a warehouse we could use)

Hello everyone!

The KF2 team here at Tripwire is in full holiday swing as we continue towards towards the two remaining big content updates this year (one being a full seasonal event!). More maps, weapons, and systems are all well underway - but it is time to start detailing what some of those are!

The Weekly Outbreak system from the Summer Sideshow update was a hit with many fans, so the design team has been kicking around and prototyping an idea to expand the concept. The goal is to provide interesting rewards for players while giving them a continually updated set of new goals to accomplish. Today we want to share this idea with you (though it may not come in the next update): introducing Daily Objectives and the Dosh Vault!

Let's start with the Dosh Vault. The characters in Killing Floor are all about one thing: earning that Dosh! But at the end of a game, that hard earned Dosh goes away. Imagine a way to earn (NOT IN GAME - Dosh parties have no need to fear!) Dosh that would build up over time and unlock new items, gear, and variants. Our Level Designers got together with some "Top Men" and created this prototype of what it could look like!

doshvault.png

Our current plan has players earning Dosh by completing the existing (and future) Weekly Outbreaks as well as new Daily Objectives through the course of their normal play. Over time, this accumulated Dosh would be visible and growing in your Vault. You could then use it to either unlock or spend to purchase brand new player cosmetics and weapon skins, as well as variants and more that will only be obtainable via the Dosh Vault!

As this system moves ahead we'll be bringing you more details, along with information about the next two guns, a Nightmarish new map, and more as we head into the next update over the next couple of weeks. So stay tuned!

Last edited:
    Fouts;n2305519 said:
    Sounds interesting and gives me a reason to keep playing after I've already maxed out all perks.

Yeah, I think that is a very creative way to create extra replay ability. I'd be excited about it, even if we couldn't buy items with it.

It's going to be rewarding to watch your personal vault grow as you beat challenges. :)

I'm also pretty eager to see the 2 maps in creation, maybe another multi-stage map like Descent will be in the mix?

Thanks a lot for the update, Yoshi!

Upvote 0
    So this is Payday 2 now? Nice.

That may sound sarcastic, but I'm actually really excited. Payday 2 has has a safehouse system where you can go and look at all the money you've accumulated, among other things. About a year ago they made a new safehouse which can display quite a lot more money, and for some reason or another that made collecting money seem all the more worthwhile even though I can buy every item in that game ten times over. At least judging from that picture above, size does not seem to be an issue with the Dosh Vault.

Upvote 0
    I really like the sound of this, but are dailies and weeklies going to be the only way to accumulate dosh? It would be nice to have the game total up your earned dosh (not dosh received from players) during the game and add that to your total. Maybe have a total dosh earned counter below your dosh on the HUD, keeping your dosh reward for the game separate from the dosh you can give or spend. Players will then be able to freely give and take dosh during a game without it affecting their end game reward (and keep dosh parties going as well).

Now I'm unsure about this idea, but what if you'll only earn dosh when you beat the boss, and then there will be a dosh multiplier depending on the amount of players alive at the end, and only the players who are alive get that multiplier? I'm kind of just throwing ideas out there now.

Either way, I'm liking what I've read from this WWAUT, and I'm looking forward to more information on the Halloween Event.

Reactions: zombie_lockdown
    Upvote 0