• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Update 1054

Utopia-Phoenix;n2298705 said:
No. Refer to the threshold table I've posted above.

Trash zed headshotting: Most trash zed own a head health of 20. Even the weakest AR is fatal to them. 30 damage has NO optimization on them. The old-dated 63A is optimized to them cause it has weak damage but high rate of fire.

Now it's the two typical targets of AR about 40 damage post perk. Gorefasts headshotting and Stalkers bodyshotting.
Gorefast have 50 head health.
A headshot from old-school HPRed 63A deals 50 damage. It's exactly optimized and the gorefasts are headless.
A headshot from NO-HPRed AR15 deals 49 damage. It's exactly COUNTER-optimized and need another headshot.
A headshot from HPRed AR15 is not exactly tested but it's an instant drop. If talking about head health then it's overkill.

Same goes to stalker bodyshotting.

Also, 32-damage AR15/SA80 will NOT make AK12 obsolete. This is because AK12 has one sheer level above them. If the player thought that 50 damage post perk is enough then he can carry either HPR+SA80 or EL+AK12. Note that HPRed SA80 has only 30/45 mag size while ELed AK12 has 60/75, there are differences.

"HPR is the best choice anyway" this is the problem. For nowadays gun damages then yes, it is. But I think that allowing EL to enter stage via dumping unpreferred HPR overkills, is the good idea.

Again, AK would be obsolete because SCAR is priority and everything oneshot headshot almost as easily. AK has worse recoil to miss more shots.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that there are other sources of damage bonus, such as medic darts. That slight bump would make medic damage boost less relevant, thus less teamplay.

For the last time, Commando handles trash just fine, that "awkward" damage has a reason to be that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ComradeHX;n2298951 said:
Again, AK would be obsolete because SCAR is priority and everything oneshot headshot almost as easily. AK has worse recoil to miss more shots.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that there are other sources of damage bonus, such as medic darts. That slight bump would make medic damage boost less relevant, thus less teamplay.

For the last time, Commando handles trash just fine, that "awkward" damage has a reason to be that way.

I agree that I did NOT consider medic darts, cause it's unreliable. But, pardon me on "AK's obsolete". I don't understand.

"AK would be obsolete because SCAR is priority and everything oneshot headshot almost as easily." So? AK is T3 while SCAR is T4 so it's natural that SCAR outperforms AK. And NOTE that SCAR does NOT own any MORE type of zeds that can be 1-headshot kill compared to AK. Refer to the threshold table for details.

"AK has worse recoil to miss more shots." Sure. It's T3. Also this is manageable. If you suck at accurately firing AK then it's either you suck or it's you unfit for this weapon.

I think that you are probably trying to say that SA80 with 32 damage makes AK obsolete. That's not right as well. If AK is equipped with HPR than its damage will exceed SA80 which the latter can never reach, along with ANTI-BIGzed ability. (AK+HPR will acquire 62 damage thresholds such as 2-decap elite clots/gorefasts) If you are trying to substitute AK+EL with SA80+HPR then the magazine size of the latter will NOT be as big. That's all about balance.

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2298956 said:
I agree that I did NOT consider medic darts, cause it's unreliable. But, pardon me on "AK's obsolete". I don't understand.

"AK would be obsolete because SCAR is priority and everything oneshot headshot almost as easily." So? AK is T3 while SCAR is T4 so it's natural that SCAR outperforms AK. And NOTE that SCAR does NOT own any MORE type of zeds that can be 1-headshot kill compared to AK. Refer to the threshold table for details.

"AK has worse recoil to miss more shots." Sure. It's T3. Also this is manageable. If you suck at accurately firing AK then it's either you suck or it's you unfit for this weapon.

I think that you are probably trying to say that SA80 with 32 damage makes AK obsolete. That's not right as well. If AK is equipped with HPR than its damage will exceed SA80 which the latter can never reach, along with ANTI-BIGzed ability. (AK+HPR will acquire 62 damage thresholds such as 2-decap elite clots/gorefasts) If you are trying to substitute AK+EL with SA80+HPR then the magazine size of the latter will NOT be as big. That's all about balance.

It's called saving dosh for T4 by using T2 and skipping T3, if you don't get it then either you suck or it's you unfit for this game. AK is obsolete now because SCAR does more dps after buff compared to burst mode AK and, more importantly, has more total ammo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ComradeHX;n2298968 said:
It's called saving dosh for T4 by using T2 and skipping T3, if you don't get it then either you suck or it's you unfit for this game. AK is obsolete now because SCAR does more dps after buff compared to burst mode AK and, more importantly, has more total ammo.

Uh, I think I got your opinion. But your opinion is incorrect I consider.

Skipping T2 or T3 is always a tactic in KF1 & 2. I do get it and I use it quite often. In fact, I do skip T2 on HOE solo and T3 on HOE MP. Also, I skip T3 on HOE MP NOT because I consider it obsolete, but it's unlikely to have enough dosh to buy AK without selling my SA80(and its remaining ammo) in hand by the end of wave 2. At end of wave 3 I'm already funded for SCAR so AK is skipped. This does NOT indicate that AK is obsolete, it's just abandoned because it's economically out of step.

SCAR does more DPS after buff than AK burst fire. That's all right. That's why it is called a T4. The total ammo damage is the more importantly issue but it's a common status in T3 weapons of KF2. Check other perks' T3 total damage if you need to.

Any other questions? Oh I have to mention one thing, that is I've been playing Killing floor 1 since 2010 and join KF2 as a commando at the very beginning of beta tests till now. It ain't my suck or myself unfit for the game. Check my video threads in this forum. (NOT on youtube. Youtube is blocked by CHINA government)

Upvote 0
Good update, although M4 is still far from ballanced. What it needs is swapping with HZ12 when it comes to price and tiering.

Commando could indeed use that 2 dmg buff. It should be excellent trash killer, right now support can easily outperform commando, clear trash and kill big zeds with less effort.
Increasing 5,56 caliber weapons damage by 2 will not make commando op big zed killer. It will just make him more specialized and efficient at trash clearing.
You can't just say he is good enough if you land those headshots. Its not headshot focused class and should not rely on them in order to be effective.

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2298969 said:
Uh, I think I got your opinion. But your opinion is incorrect I consider.

Skipping T2 or T3 is always a tactic in KF1 & 2. I do get it and I use it quite often. In fact, I do skip T2 on HOE solo and T3 on HOE MP. Also, I skip T3 on HOE MP NOT because I consider it obsolete, but it's unlikely to have enough dosh to buy AK without selling my SA80(and its remaining ammo) in hand by the end of wave 2. At end of wave 3 I'm already funded for SCAR so AK is skipped. This does NOT indicate that AK is obsolete, it's just abandoned because it's economically out of step.

SCAR does more DPS after buff than AK burst fire. That's all right. That's why it is called a T4. The total ammo damage is the more importantly issue but it's a common status in T3 weapons of KF2. Check other perks' T3 total damage if you need to.

Any other questions? Oh I have to mention one thing, that is I've been playing Killing floor 1 since 2010 and join KF2 as a commando at the very beginning of beta tests till now. It ain't my suck or myself unfit for the game. Check my video threads in this forum. (NOT on youtube. Youtube is blocked by CHINA government)

玩过KF1有啥好显摆的,我早就玩过KF1了,虽然是盗版的(2011入正),然后第一天beta就买了KF2.

以前直接ar15存钱买AK, 现在买l85存钱买scar,不能理解么?

Upvote 0
ComradeHX;n2299035 said:
玩过KF1有啥好显摆的,我早就玩过KF1了,虽然是盗版的(2011入正),然后第一天beta就买了KF2.

以前直接ar15存钱买AK, 现在买l85存钱买scar,不能理解么?

用英文吧。这里不是只有你我。(Use english. There are more than you and me in this forum.)

L85存钱买SCAR我当然能理解,但是这不意味着AK过时!AK只是第三波起不来 第四波钱多了很多直接起SCAR 被跳过了而已!
另外 如果队友很坑然后我第三波又打到了1100钱以上然后还有支援 我会选择起AK+SA80然后向支援拿弹药
队友越坑对自己的抗压能力要求越高 AK抗压能力还是比L85要优秀的!

另外 如果你在某一波急需满弹药入场又没有足够的钱买满SCAR 买AK是很明智的选择!这个我不解释了
流云 out

Surely I do understand that you saved up dosh with L85 for a straight run of SCAR, but this does NOT mean that AK is obsolete! I said that AK is out-of-step because it's hardly affordable on wave 3 and too well doshed on wave 4.
Also, if the teammates are morons and I need the highest possible pressure resistance at wave 3, I'd choose to buy AK if I have $1100 at hand, preferably with a support teammate to supply the ammo for me. It's those moron teammates who require the highest pressure resistance to me, and AK+SA80 is better than solo SA80 at early wave.

More than that, if you need to enter the game midway, or died, and need to go battle with MAXIMUM ammunition with insufficient dosh for a filled SCAR, the AK is a wise choice. No comments required.

Utopia-Phoenix, out.

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2299042 said:
用英文吧。这里不是只有你我。(Use english. There are more than you and me in this forum.)

L85存钱买SCAR我当然能理解,但是这不意味着AK过时!AK只是第三波起不来 第四波钱多了很多直接起SCAR 被跳过了而已!
另外 如果队友很坑然后我第三波又打到了1100钱以上然后还有支援 我会选择起AK+SA80然后向支援拿弹药
队友越坑对自己的抗压能力要求越高 AK抗压能力还是比L85要优秀的!

另外 如果你在某一波急需满弹药入场又没有足够的钱买满SCAR 买AK是很明智的选择!这个我不解释了
流云 out

Surely I do understand that you saved up dosh with L85 for a straight run of SCAR, but this does NOT mean that AK is obsolete! I said that AK is out-of-step because it's hardly affordable on wave 3 and too well doshed on wave 4.
Also, if the teammates are morons and I need the highest possible pressure resistance at wave 3, I'd choose to buy AK if I have $1100 at hand, preferably with a support teammate to supply the ammo for me. It's those moron teammates who require the highest pressure resistance to me, and AK+SA80 is better than solo SA80 at early wave.

More than that, if you need to enter the game midway, or died, and need to go battle with MAXIMUM ammunition with insufficient dosh for a filled SCAR, the AK is a wise choice. No comments required.

Utopia-Phoenix, out.

If you're low on ammo/dosh for SCAR for whatever reason, AR15 plus M9 with backup skill and maybe even a L85 is cheap enough for killing trash for a wave.
I would be using lv25 SWAT with free armor/dualm9 if joining a game anyway.

Full load of AK wastes too much damage for similar number of rounds as L85 anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ComradeHX;n2299063 said:
If you're low on ammo/dosh for SCAR for whatever reason, AR15 plus M9 with backup skill and maybe even a L85 is cheap enough for killing trash for a wave.
I would be using lv25 SWAT with free armor/dualm9 if joining a game anyway.

Full load of AK wastes too much damage for similar number of rounds as L85 anyway.

Believe me, you won't have enough stopping power on wave 3 with SA80+AR15+9mm, let alone without the SA80.

Joining a game midway with SWAT is your choice. It doesn't matter that much whether you join with SWAT or commando.

A full load of AK doesn't waste too much damage, cause there are too many bloats and elite clots/gorefasts and husks/sirens to kill. This is provided that HPR is equipped. If EL is equipped then your damage is very similar to SA80+HPR which makes your "overkill" nonsense.

Note: Check the threshold table for kill effects of AK+HPR(62), AK+EL(50) and SA80+HPR(50 after base damage boosted to 32). Without the boost it's a niche away from 50 which denied the benefits of breaching that threshold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why players are upset over the commando perk. The Stoner felt weak, but it was a new addition to the series and would obviously need tweaking. I've never looked at the M16 as a commando weapon. It was always a way for the demo to more easily kill trash zeds to me. That's just my personal play style, but I don't like using the M16 as commando. The ammo pool is too small even with perk bonuses, and the fire rate is too high. I like it well enough as a demo though. It's nice to see the stoner buffed. I don't know why the SCAR needed a buff, but I'll gladly take it.

Reactions: Fok
Upvote 0
Pavlov's Dog;n2299170 said:
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why players are upset over the commando perk. The Stoner felt weak, but it was a new addition to the series and would obviously need tweaking. I've never looked at the M16 as a commando weapon. It was always a way for the demo to more easily kill trash zeds to me. That's just my personal play style, but I don't like using the M16 as commando. The ammo pool is too small even with perk bonuses, and the fire rate is too high. I like it well enough as a demo though. It's nice to see the stoner buffed. I don't know why the SCAR needed a buff, but I'll gladly take it.

Perfectly said. I 100% agree. I do like that the scar was increased.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fok
Upvote 0

Well said. I mostly dont undestand why some gamers (possible young in age), are so obsessive about something very specific and strongly supporting their opinion everywhere and continuity. Like is the most important thing in the game, or like tripwire "should" listen about them, because they know everything better.

Is different thing to suggest something (this is forum's purpose after all) and different thing to act like that.
Also, is different thing to disagree about numbers and balance and different thing to disagree about "which gameplay is the best" (Like there is only one right way to play a game..),
or disagreeing about everything, just for for being provocative.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

basic balancing..put in new weapon on the low side of testing, so if adjustment is needed, it is a buff. no one complains about buffs. you never want to put OP things in because you then have to adjust them down..which EVERYONE hates. stoner was weak at the start and was buffed..and there was much rejoicing.

Upvote 0

When you do that can use ports to redirect to maps or that a redirect works on FTP protocol ? This is not a whim but a necessity.

Simple:
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:654/test2KF/
or
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://mysite.com:654/test2KF/
or
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=ftp://92.168.0.1/test2KF/

Working simple in Killing Floor (KillingFloor.ini):
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:54322/ytyrth77ht/