• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Who Likes New Guns?

I'm quite disappointed.

I'm glad they chose a side instead of that weird mix of steampunk and carnival, it seems they fixed themselves on the carnival theme.

Nevertheless, It's a shame they followed the easy road of having the exact same skins for the zeds (redone obviously,but still...). I would have prefered a whole other theme after having the sideshow for years in KF1.

Not only that,but I would have LOVED a new character unlockable by achievements means. And not those horrendous cosmetics that I'll never use anyway.

But hey...At least the map looks awesome! And the trailer was great too.

(As for the weekly challenge, it reminds me a bit of the "mutations" from L4D2... We'll see how it goes,but that could be very very fun)

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2297068 said:
I'm quite disappointed.

I'm glad they chose a side instead of that weird mix of steampunk and carnival, it seems they fixed themselves on the carnival theme.

Nevertheless, It's a shame they followed the easy road of having the exact same skins for the zeds (redone obviously,but still...). I would have prefered a whole other theme after having the sideshow for years in KF1.

Not only that,but I would have LOVED a new character unlockable by achievements means. And not those horrendous cosmetics that I'll never use anyway.

But hey...At least the map looks awesome! And the trailer was great too.

(As for the weekly challenge, it reminds me a bit of the "mutations" from L4D2... We'll see how it goes,but that could be very very fun)

There's enough variation that it makes it different for me. For example, the strongman has rocks growing on him now and a tiger skin instead of that stripey kilt thing. Some of them are actually completely different too, husk and stalker (I have no idea what she is, is she a lizard person?) are the only two, I think.

And there's some new zeds, so they need to make new freaks for those!

They haven't showcased the bosses at all yet, I'm curious as to what Hans is going to be.

Upvote 0
I, too, love this new update and all the fun of Weekly mutators. But I kinda noticed some graphical bugs with the new guns on offer.
At first, it was just the screenshots on IMFDB, which I didn't quite believe until I actually went ahead and booted up KF2 again to try out the new weapons for the fun of it.

Turns out, both the HZ12 and SPX have a few issues with their models and animations respectively.
(Screenshots are from IMFDB by the way.)
KF2-HZ12-ADS.jpg

HZ12 Iron Sights are slightly off and to the right.

KF2-SPX464-2.jpg

The SPX's extractor doesn't actually move when inspected while the bolt does.

So yeah, just some minor graphical bugs. Not exactly the most important thing.

Upvote 0