• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Setting The Stage

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

We've been watching players reception and feedback from The Descent update and whether dropping to the next floor of The Descent is your favorite part of the update, unleashing into the horde with the Stoner, or lighting it up with the Spitfires we have been pleased to see players enjoying the new content!

However, the team here at Tripwire is already hard at work on what is yet to come. Of course we have more great weapon and map content on the way (we aren't ready to talk details about these just yet), as well as a few new surprises that the team has been working towards since the start of the year. So stay tuned, there are exciting times ahead!

And don't forget, we try and do our Community Game Night stream every Thursday evening at 8 PM EST. You can track upcoming events like this on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/events And I've been told we have something to give away this evening so tune in!

Reactions: Fr0stPh03niX
    Seladur;n2291782 said:
    Yoshiro, It appears that the Steam achievement for clearing Infernal Realm map on Suicidal is broken, I cleared it multiple times and the achievement didn't pop up, the other maps on suicidal are ok btw, can you take a look if everything is okay please? :)

-See below:

There is a known issue in which the names and descriptions for the Infernal Realm achievements are mixed up for several languages. The achievements should all be unlock-able and paired with the right icon. Until we address the text issue, this is commonality for the mix up:

Correct Icon and Achievement -> Matched With This Incorrect Text
    Normal -> Collectibles
    Hard -> Normal
    Suicidal -> Hard
    Hell on Earth ->Suicidal
    Collectibles -> Hell on Earth

If you are having issues unlocking an Infernal Realm achievement reference try these parameters and see if that does the trick.

Upvote 0
    NOD;n2291828 said:
    The best from KF1 updates is when you guys released a large pack of weapons. Can we get a package of 4-6+ guns for the next gun-release update? :D

The more guns they release per update, the longer its going to take and most likely slow down the release of any other content as well.

Personally Im more interested about new maps, or rather the new mapping assets that come with them (models, materials etc) so we can use them for custom maps.

Upvote 0
    I'm always stocked for more weapons (that's the bread and butter of the game after all). Maps are cool as well, but it's pretty easy to download them straight from the workshop (some of them being very well made!).

Something I'd love however, are more zeds... The champion versions were a nice touch, but adding something new to spice things up would be great!

Also, it's been a while since we got a character...don't you think? ;)

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2291890 said:
    I'm always stocked for more weapons (that's the bread and butter of the game after all). Maps are cool as well, but it's pretty easy to download them straight from the workshop (some of them being very well made!).

Something I'd love however, are more zeds... The champion versions were a nice touch, but adding something new to spice things up would be great!

Also, it's been a while since we got a character...don't you think? ;)

I also think more zeds are important as long as they are different enough, could do with a few more variants of current zeds as well i would say.

It's not just that though, i think it would be nice to have all current zeds have more attacks and act more randomly. Like with the bloat when you shoot him a bit you just know he will put his meat cleavers up to block his face. What I'm saying is they are still a bit predictable, something to change that would be nice as well in my opinion.

Upvote 0
    WelshJester;n2291927 said:
    I also think more zeds are important as long as they are different enough, could do with a few more variants of current zeds as well i would say.

It's not just that though, i think it would be nice to have all current zeds have more attacks and act more randomly. Like with the bloat when you shoot him a bit you just know he will put his meat cleavers up to block his face. What I'm saying is they are still a bit predictable, something to change that would be nice as well in my opinion.

That's my overal thought, but it apply to everything. I'm not against a new map if it plays differently. I'm not against new weapons if they bring something new. I'm not against new zeds if they are unpredictable. I'm not against new perks if they bring something we don't have already. I'm not against new characters if they are original...

I'm stocked for pretty much anything Tripwire could bring, as long as there is a good reason to do so. Just churning assault rifles and SMGs for the sake of it would annoy me for example (but I doubt Tripwire would do that. About skins though...)

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2291941 said:
    That's my overal thought, but it apply to everything. I'm not against a new map if it plays differently. I'm not against new weapons if they bring something new. I'm not against new zeds if they are unpredictable. I'm not against new perks if they bring something we don't have already. I'm not against new characters if they are original...

I'm stocked for pretty much anything Tripwire could bring, as long as there is a good reason to do so. Just churning assault rifles and SMGs for the sake of it would annoy me for example (but I doubt Tripwire would do that. About skins though...)

stoked...not stocked

Upvote 0