• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - A Teaser Of Whats To Come

I also love survivalist but it kinda disappointed me - they promised 10 perks. It was not nice to make 10th perk a universal one without a single perk weapon.

Anyway, speaking about profit and future content:
1st - Noone forces them to make content for free. I would buy DLCs with new weapons or perks, why not.
2nd - One of the main excuses to trade floor (aka microtransactions) was that money will fund future developement.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2285761 said:
Working on other projects!? Or maybe you expect developers to work 100% on one thing at a time. Even if there is no actual immediate financial benefit from doing so!

have u heard about zed economy??
that is the money to keep doing free things, that is why most of the people buy that crap
2.49 books for random ****??
tw have enogh money to keep doing good things for free
a tf staff say on the forum "zedconomy is a success" that mean that hey gain money, money to pay people to make more content for the game
and i hope to see more that one weapon, at least 3
1 weapon and 1 map 3-4 monts later is a joke, just my opinion

Upvote 0
Jorick;n2285687 said:
Please tell me you aren't going to leave survivalist like it is for several months before actually turning it into something useful in the team composition, instead of the liability it currently is.
Since this is a somewhat large post I'm going to put it in a spoiler for tidiness' sake as a convenience for everyone.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Personally what I'd like to see out of Objective mode is something more similar to L4D campaigns, like someone else mentioned, from A-B. With a pinch of original Doom elements thrown in. And with Endless there really has to be a global scoreboard, otherwise i don't see much incentive to make you want to play it much.

Upvote 0
WelshJester;n2285887 said:
Personally what I'd like to see out of Objective mode is something more similar to L4D campaigns,

That'll have to depend on the actual design (assignment/task) of the map. Just like KF1, the designer may design the objectives of an objective mode map to be solely traversal-based where it'll resemble much of a Left 4 Dead campaign.

Specifically speaking, players will hardly ever be doing every assignment in the same place, meaning each task is very likely to be appointed at different locale, so at the end - it's actually a matter of 'in what way as well as what complexity the flow (as in workflow) is planned' for the map to provide the traversal experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ramare;n2285827 said:
Since this is a somewhat large post I'm going to put it in a spoiler for tidiness' sake as a convenience for everyone.
Spoiler!

I like the idea of survivalist and it very much has a role in the team. Survivalist is good at adapting and being able to fill multiple roles when they are needed. What I don't like, however, are the somewhat boring skills. They work well, but aren't unique. I was hoping for more things that make it stand out, such as the level 15 skills. Those are the only ones that I feel add some color to the perk.

I couldn't go very far in the way of suggestions but I know if Tripwire decides to redo it they will do a good job, just look what happened to berserker or support!

Upvote 0
Pretty pumped for a new survival mode. I'd prefer an objective style over endless waves but either would be fun. I'd be totally fine with TW completely abandoning VS mode and taking it out of the game. When I come to play KF2 I come to play with a team against AI, but that's all personal preference. For those complaining about 1 new map for 3 months, I say go try and make a quality map yourself and see how long it takes.

Upvote 0
Skalli;n2286281 said:
I don't get why so many people hate the VS mode. It is really not that bad right now. It has been way worse. It just needs some more balancing and more archievements. Also, there should be one higher difficulty for the 25 players out there OR balance the VS mode around level 25 perks.

Vs mode is indeed not bad. Its fun, but it has no content. It should have been like L4D, where you have to complete mission tasks to get to a new area. I also think that there should be some balancing to damage and health. Player Zeds have too much health and too low damage output imo. They feel bullet spongy.
Anyway, its a good game mode that needs some adjustments and content.

OT: I hope we got some more perk changes like for the Survivalist, SWAT, and Sharpshooter. Their skills really need some overhaul.
I also think that we could need some kind of a new system to keep players playing it.

And my personal wish is: Do something to improve the immersion and the atmosphere. It should look more dirty and gritty and with less colorful effects.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2286297 said:
whether you like or not is irrelevant to its utility to the team. You can like it till the cows come home, but in a min-max reference, survivalist is a complete liability.

You basically said my opinion is irrelevant but yours isn't. .. nice work.. :)

The "complete liability" statement is just nonsense. It keeps going back to "you are probably better off playing another perk to help your team". That alone can be viewed as a liability, which I can get to some degree.

A perk focused on one skillset is likely more of an asset to your team than a player who has a perk split between several. However, you also need to consider the skill level of the player.

I see bad players of every perk variety which I can usually carry through most of a game as a Survivalist.. the boss wave is typically where things fall apart with that approach though.

So yeah..

Minor tweaks are needed and likely coming but the perk, as a whole, is not nearly as bad as players (like you) try to make it out to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro & Team,

KF2 is a satisfyingly fun, awesome game. I was slow to warm to Survivalist, but playing as a medic/demo hybrid is amazing (especially in pub matches with suicidal teammates). I like Survivalist, kudos. I haven't put enough time into the mace and shield to form an opinion on it. I like the Zweihander/Pulverizer combo too much. My god, do I love Berzerker. So. Much. Fun. Same for Support. I was glad to see the buffs in the late stages of the early access and am enjoying the class very much. I also recently tested the offensive medic perks on a solo game. They are fun to mess around with in solo. I don't know how useful they would be when other players are present due to the HP boost big zeds/bosses get, but then that would be the point of having one side of the tree focusing on individual bonuses and the other side on team bonuses. Well done. I am also a huge fan of giving weapons multiple perk assignments. Commando, especially, has taken on a whole new dimension with the ability to equip a Medic rifle or M16 w/ M203. It feels pretty badass to hear the Fleshpounds coming, enter Zedtime, and hit them with three well-placed grenades and a slow-mo M203 round.

I have a few questions for you and the team now that the game has had its official release:

- Will Zed teleportation stay in the game? I often get caught by multiple hordes spawning just in front of me around a corner as I navigate maps on Suicidal and HoE difficulties. If the Zeds are going to spawn in front of or perpendicular to me, would it be possible to push that distance back a bit (even by a few meters) to keep them from instantly overrunning me? (inb4: gitgud)

- Will the taunt system ever see improvements to put it on par with (or even in the same neighborhood as) KF1's taunt system? I have died after going for the "Taunt Zeds" option and accidentally hitting the "Character Pose" option, only to watch a horde rip me apart as I ironically flailed around, immobile. I am sick of using "Affirmative" instead of "Thank you." I miss the old taunts like "Go Outside," "Upstairs," "and "TAUNT PLAYERS." I don't even want to insult people (mostly). I got so many laughs out of the voice lines from KF1 that "Taunt Players" and the rest became a big part of the game's charm. I would gladly trade the next DLC/content update for a fully fleshed out taunt system (and any bug fixes you might happen to pick up along the way, of course).

- Will we be able to organize or sort our skins, weapon skins, cosmetics, etc.? It's not terribly inconvenient, but I would like to be able to sort my weapon skins by class and by gun, for example.

- How does the Firebug work now? Is it better to shoot flames/microwaves at the Zeds' feet for the groundfire perk bonus or just hit them direct to the body? Is it better to shoot in bursts or a steady stream (or does it not matter)? Range still factors into damage, correct? The further away the target, the less damage (with the range perk helping that dropoff)? Why does the Firebug (and the Survivalist, for that matter) throw Molotov cocktails with limp noodle arms? I could get more range throwing a bowling ball... Speaking of which, new proposal: bowling ball throwables for the Survivalist. No explosion, but massive blunt damage to a single target. Or not - that's pretty far off the reservation I'll admit.

- Why is there so much variation in accuracy for automatic fire and rapid-fire semi-auto? I feel like the bullet spread is too exaggerated. And why doesn't the sight picture match more closely to the bullet placement when I'm shooting quickly while aiming down sights? My sight will seem to be on target on a third or fourth or fifth shot, but the bullet will miss the enemy completely. If recoil is throwing off my character's aim before he can reset, fine. But why doesn't the model match the location/direction of the barrel? It is very disconcerting.

- Who would win in a head-to-head battle of the bosses, OG Kevin or Herr Hans? I know which one my money's on. All I'm saying is you don't argue with someone who has a rocket for an arm =D

Thank you TWI for the fun game. Best of luck with RS2 and your other projects. I'm looking forward to what you have coming for KF2.

Reactions: Mingovillain
Upvote 0