• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Heading Into 2017

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone! Everyone here at Tripwire would like to thank you for joining us in the new year, both existing fans and new ones alike! We previously talked about our plans for this year (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ch-work-begins), as well as released the beta of our next update over the holiday break (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...beta-changelog). Since we've been back in office, we've been going over player feedback from that beta and working on changes and fixes as we prepare for its full release across all platforms later this month!

First I want to talk about some of the changes we are making based on player feedback:
    • Removed double .500's from the Sharpshooters weapons list (however the single .500 still remains)
    • Toned down the damage and radius of the Microwave Gun's ground fire
    • Increased the Bone Crusher's block resistance
    • Increased Hans' resistance to microwave damage
    • Increased Hans' vulnerability to blunt and slashing damage
    • Increased Patriarch's vulnerability to blunt and slashing damage

There are some further tweaks for tuning solo play, making it a little more manageable for those who prefer to play alone, that we are still investigating before the update goes live. As always, everything is subject to change until the update goes live!

This update will also bring player emotes online, which were in the beta but inaccessible to players thus far. Today we want to talk about how they work. Players can equip one emote from their Gear Menu, which they can trigger during gameplay. When triggered, it pulls their camera into the third person view so the triggering player can enjoy the emote just as much as everyone else watching. Emotes will range from taunting to just pure fun (in this first batch, let us know what other types you would like to see). When this update goes live everybody will receive a standard emote for free.

You will have noticed that I said standard emote. Emotes come in two types, standard and deluxe. Deluxe emotes are the same animation as the standard emote, but have added particle effects and sounds. Additional emotes can be obtained via the ZedConomy, Steam market, and trading with your friends. In the future there will be other means of getting emotes such seasonal events and unlocks. Emotes cannot currently be crafted, but can be broken down into cosmetic material. Also, in relation to this, in the next update users should be able to break down crates into a common crafting material of the type of crate they are (cosmetic or weapon).

We've made a few small tweaks to the bosses for Steam players via Live Update as we continue to make sure the boss fights play out as we expect. You can find those here:

Hans
    Group
    • Normal - Decreased HealthMod from .72 to ,69
    • Hard - Decreased HealthMod from .9 to .84
    • Suicidal - Decreased HealthMod from .89 to .83
    • HOE - Decreased HealthMod from 1.14 to 1.12

Solo
    • Normal - Increased Health Mod from .41 to .43
    • Hard - Increased SoloDamageMod from .48 to .52
    • Suicidal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .53 to .58
    • HOE - Increased SoloDamageMod from .67 to .68

Patriarch
    Group
    • Normal - Decreased HealthMod from .83 to .76
    • Hard - Decreased HealthMod from 1.1 to 1.01
    • Suicidal - Decreased HealthMod from 1.02 to .96

Solo
    • Normal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .32 to .36
    • Hard - Increased SoloDamageMod from .42 to .45
    • Suicidal - Decreased SoloDamageMod from .53 to .52

I don't mind emotes as long as they don't become utterly ridiculous like in Overwatch, TF2 or Destiny... Now I'm still a bit afraid about those "deluxe" emotes though. I don't want a confetti fun-fest in my gritty b-movie simulator!

It's a good thing you reduced the MWG damage. Now a test would be in order to see if it hasn't been nerfed too much, but it's a step in the right direction! (And as for the .500 , I already used it solo anyway so it doesn't bother me!)

Now I'm curious to see what will come in the next update (and most of all, when will it come! I'm always eager for moooore!)

Oh and, happy new year to the staff ;-)

Upvote 0
    A_Bit_Reckless;n2283409 said:
    Is there a link to the .500 discussion. I'd like to know why people wanted the best thing about the gunslinger removed...

Nothing was removed from the Gunslinger class. They took off the dual .500 magnums from the sharpshooter and gave us the option of using only 1 .500 magnum for sharpshooter.

Reactions: kreso5
    Upvote 0
    A_Bit_Reckless;n2283409 said:
    Is there a link to the .500 discussion. I'd like to know why people wanted the best thing about the gunslinger removed...

probably because of cry babies saying it did way too much dmg while being welded by sharpy and not slinger.... just the fact that sharp has to use skills that basically immobolise him to do the maximum dmg potential possible which makes it quite a high risk reward while slinger can do loads of dmg and also stay mobile...

I'm more suprised now is that why devs decided to lower the healthmod again... it's already a bit too easy on suicidal to go vs boss and now it's lowered again..

Word to the devs: Maybe those that bought kf2 with deluxe bundle could receive a free deluxe emote? or atleast an emote (because 10 euros extra to just get scully +artbook and music that can be easily viewed in google just makes it quite a bad deal now honestly.... especially that for those who were in EA can now sale Horzine armor.... so much for exclusivity)

Upvote 0
    CARDUSH;n2283435 said:
    more money grab things and we still dont have new playable mods, weapons and maps
    Nice!!
    now that is what we should call "post launch well done"

imnrk;n2283440 said:
    Indeed. If all of the future updates are like this one, Kf2 might even surpass Payday 2 as my mozt played game,

In this update you retrive new map and new berserk weapon, plus multiperk weapon system and new gorefast variation......

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2283442 said:
    This update includes a new map and a new weapon which are currently available in the beta. Also included in a new Zed and gameplay system (multiperk weapons!)

I believe what he is trying to say is that we (as in the modding community) were promised custom mod and weapon support..... Where is it right now, since we only have the mods support (barely, IMO), but no custom weapon support? And I believe that everyone of us would like to hear the truth about what is going on and would like to be provided an actual answer of whether or not we are going to get it, rather than the lie that has been fed to us. As much as I like KF2 as it is, I would like to be able to play with custom weapon mods on this game, rather than the same weapons over and over again.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Massacrer;n2283443 said:
    I believe what he is trying to say is that we (as in the modding community) were promised custom mod and weapon support..... Where is it right now, since we only have the mods support (barely, IMO), but no custom weapon support? And I believe that everyone of us would like to hear the truth about what is going on and would like to be provided an actual answer of whether or not we are going to get it, rather than the lie that has been fed to us. As much as I like KF2 as it is, I would like to be able to play with custom weapon mods on this game, rather than the same weapons over and over again.

What modding support are you talking about? You can already make custom weapons and use them in-game.

Upvote 0