• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Heading Into 2017

MikeHoncho;n2283428 said:
Are you going to leave the Zweihander in its currently useless state? You haven't even acknowledged that you nerfed the hell out of it.

What are you talking about? It's the most versatile beserker weapon at the moment. You one hit kill all trash mobs and medium mobs. Large zeds also get rinsed by it. 3 Head-slashes to a scrake on HoE and he's down. Fleshpound takes some more hits, but that's to be expected as he's resistant to bullets and slashes.

I'd say, please nerf it some more.

Upvote 0
Massacrer;n2283443 said:
I believe what he is trying to say is that we (as in the modding community) were promised custom mod and weapon support..... Where is it right now, since we only have the mods support (barely, IMO), but no custom weapon support? And I believe that everyone of us would like to hear the truth about what is going on and would like to be provided an actual answer of whether or not we are going to get it, rather than the lie that has been fed to us. As much as I like KF2 as it is, I would like to be able to play with custom weapon mods on this game, rather than the same weapons over and over again.

Custom weapon mods are already a possibility and some already exist.

Upvote 0
Well this all sounds great.
I hope the microwave gun is still viable after the nerfs. It was nice to have a death ray again.
I can't wait to see the emotes as well.

On that note, yoshiro and whatever other devs read this, if you can you guys should set up a camera in the mocap area (i assume a large amount of the player animations outside of reloads are mocap) if only to secretly record each other flailing around for the emote animations.

Would make good stream content material I think.

Also really glad to see the bosses take more damage from melee weapons.
I do like to wail and wallop upon them but outside of the occasional parry I often feel like I'm not being much help.
So this is a change that makes me happy.

Upvote 0
Custom weapon mods are already a possibility and some already exist.
Yes a few have been developed. Thanks to a few individuals that have taken the time to put them together and publish them. Unfortunately I don't see the Devs whitelisting anything other than one Maxplayer mutator by there very own employee unless I'm mistaken. Which means most players will never see them due to the fact mutators and mods De-Rank a server.

The thing that really bothers me is the Cache problem in particular in regards to clients connecting to servers with custom content. The weapons mod I put together on workshop is prime example. WorkshopLink If the dedicated server is running this mod the client needs to be subscribed for it to work properly. That is a problem. Otherwise the client can purchase the weapon but not be able to use it as its not in the proper directory only cache. For the client to see and use the weapon the package needs to download the the BrewedPc directory which is only enabled by the client subscribing to the mod. Never mind the whole package and asset size needed to create and run then be downloaded by client just to play. File compression like in KF1 would be huge help for mods.

Also while I'm at it... if you could add .int support for workshop so custom names of weapons could be included in workshop package that would help also. It's a problem for a player to see the name of a custom weapon unless they have the .int info file in their local machine telling the game engine how to label an item.

I think you guys are doing a great job but should help the community out more by possibly adding assets for mods to add items whether they be custom zeds or weapons, and the custom texture problems for mappers in SDK before adding emotes...thats just my opinion. By the way you need atleast 2 new weapons per class to keep the interest in this game. When you look at the custom maps and mods already generated by the community it leads me to believe you guys need to step up your game big time. Or is all that time going into Rising Storm..? Geez they got helicopters now dont they? How about jump starting this franchise for the community this coming year. Thanks for your time and consideration. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bluntman420;n2283415 said:
Nervous about emotes. There is already a problem of obnoxious and really bad teammates. Now we are giving them emotes...I also don't see why they were necessary. Maybe increase patty's resistance to microwave damage as well.

Can't wait to see insta-sirens dealt with, they are a real pain in the butt.

Keep up the good work!

'I see little problem in giving them the fuel to set themselves ablaze.' Better to see who they are earlier rather than waste more waves playing with idiots. Like the guy who joined my game yesterday late wave, and then blocked in 3 players by welding a door when a squad of FPs turned up. He ofc was on the otherside with the other players. on the other end of the large room on Containment.

If emotes means we see who these types of players are i.e. spamming their emotes then no decent player should have that much of a problem with it. Anyone who is against emotes should just treat them like MTs.... ignore them if you dont intend to use them.

Upvote 0
Cheeki Breeki;n2283537 said:
ONE new zed, ONE new weapon and emotes really aren't much content considering how survivalist didn't bring any content and how much time it's been since the swat content.

Don't forget the new map and game play mechanic. :) Zed Landing goes live in this update as well as our new multiperk weapon system. The change log will go out with more details.

Upvote 0
sprech41;n2283522 said:
You should probably actually read the patch notes, my dude. I'd say a new zed, weapon, and emote system qualifies as content.

Lmfao. You consider emotes "content"? Whowie, it's going downhill with the gaming industry if people consider this "content"? It's just another cashgrab to try and sell those overpriced crates, usbs, whatever. The new weapon system isn't really content either. It's just mixing up things we already have. The survivalist perk is a fine example of that. Such a boring, low effort class and they continue with this. Sorry but this beta, upcoming patch is anything but filled with substantial content.

The only thing I'd call substantial is the new map. And we only get a single new one. If this game is in need of anything, it's maps, weapons and good perks, especially for the crowd who play on console. Why is this beta so long? It's not like it's filled to the brim with substantial stuff. The new weapon system and especially the Survivalist are so lame, boring and just... average, it's painful.

Upvote 0
I'm not a Robot;n2283573 said:
Lmfao. You consider emotes "content"? Whowie, it's going downhill with the gaming industry if people consider this "content"? It's just another cashgrab to try and sell those overpriced crates, usbs, whatever. The new weapon system isn't really content either. It's just mixing up things we already have. The survivalist perk is a fine example of that. Such a boring, low effort class and they continue with this. Sorry but this beta, upcoming patch is anything but filled with substantial content.

The only thing I'd call substantial is the new map. And we only get a single new one. If this game is in need of anything, it's maps, weapons and good perks, especially for the crowd who play on console. Why is this beta so long? It's not like it's filled to the brim with substantial stuff. The new weapon system and especially the Survivalist are so lame, boring and just... average, it's painful.

Multiperk weapons change the game a TON.

Upvote 0
PurpleFanta;n2283581 said:
Multiperk weapons change the game a TON.

They may change the game a ton but they would be ridiculously easy to implement. Unless I'm mistaken, it would've taken very little effort to implement.

What I don't understand is what they have been doing all this time, it seems like very little has happened over the last few months (over the course of early access really). I don't know where their priorities lie, be it with another game or with some secret stuff for KF2 that they're working on. Regardless, it would be nice to know why so little has been happening. Holidays don't help, I know. The problem is that many people have the expectation that stuff should be added at a faster rate than it is currently being added - myself included - and we have not been told why that expectation hasn't been met.

If KF2 isn't your focus, or if you simply won't be spending all that much time on it, just let us know, that's all we're asking for (well many of us anyway). I just don't understand why, if you actually are focusing on KF2, the updates are so... lacking.

Upvote 0
Overal what bothers me is the fact that there's a huge difference bewteen creating content and tweaking stats.

A new zed, a new weapon and a new map is extremely poor content-wise, if you take into account how long it's been since the swat patch.

If the dev team worked 8 hours a day each week, your should have AT LEAST one weapon a month. Which isn't the case at all. Coming from Starcraft II, which is a dying game, i don't get that a supposedly growing game isn't proposing much more content per month.

Upvote 0