• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Live Update - 12-1-16

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We pushed a live update to all servers/clients last night that made several tweaks to the bosses based on what we were seeing in the loss/win rate. The changes are as follows:

Hans
    Group
    • Normal - Decreased HealthMod from .75 to .72
    • Hard - Decreased HealthMod from 1 to .9
    • Suicidal - Decreased HealthMod from 1.11 to .89
    • HOE - Decreased HealthMod from 1.38 to 1.14

Solo
    • Normal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .4 to .41
    • Hard - Increased SoloDamageMod from .43 to .48
    • Suicidal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .43 to .53
    • HOE - Increased SoloDamageMod from .51 to .67

Patriarch
    Group
    • Normal - Decreased HealthMod from .94 to .83
    • Hard - Decreased HealthMod from 1.37 to 1.1
    • Suicidal - Decreased HealthMod from 1.47 to 1.02
    • HOE - Decreased HealthMod from 1.7 to 1.16

Solo
    • Normal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .28 to .32
    • Hard - Increased SoloDamageMod from .35 to .42
    • Suicidal - Increased SoloDamageMod from .44 to .53
    • HOE - Increased SoloDamageMod from .47 to .66

We are looking at several other changes that we can make via live update as we continue to work towards the next patch.

Reactions: LolzMan1325
    ArhiDemonic;n2280351 said:
    Do I understand right, that you have some basic figures for each difficulty, which you tweak with the multiplier?

That is mostly correct.

And no the changes aren't that drastic. The changes are an attempt to address two things. We are seeing boss battles drag out a bit and we want to force them to conclusion faster (if players are going to win we would like them to win quicker and if they are going to die we want them to die quicker). We didn't want to tip the scales much as that could lead to major changes to how combat plays out and we don't want players with a chance of winning to now find that impossible.

Upvote 0
    Increased hans damage in solo? I mostly play solo, and everytime I get to the boss I pray to god that I won't get hans. He just kills me too fast.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that I can beat Patty no problem, but Hans always rushes me to death with his melee. It has been this way since they nerfed the guns and buffed the melee for me. I like the changes besides that, but more hans damage just seems unnecessary to me.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Boss on HoE is way to Easy now. Before the Update me and my Team (we're 6 mostly) be able to win 7/10 times against Hans now after playing couble of Games after the Patch we won 13/13 Games against Hans. Seapks for itself... Dont touch the Boss Health on Hoe please.

Patty is even easyier now..

Upvote 0
    Rattler;n2280383 said:
    Sure mate, but you are talking about stacked deck team. The things are different when playing with the majority of the team being randoms (or the whole team is made of randoms).

Very good point. Comparing organized teams with random pubs is the equivalent of comparing apples to oranges.

Since most of the regulars I played with moved to Titanfall 2 I struggle to find a group of randoms that even make it to the boss on HOE..

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2280388 said:
    Very good point. Comparing organized teams with random pubs is the equivalent of comparing apples to oranges.

Since most of the regulars I played with moved to Titanfall 2 I struggle to find a group of randoms that even make it to the boss on HOE..

Yeah, it annoys me when I see the "hoe is so easy" posts, especially when it's talking about how a certain team that always plays together always wins. Shut up already, if you're playing with people you know and you know what and when they'll do something, of course you're going to find it easy. Go pub with no voice and a medic that's using a flamethrower instead and tell us how easy HoE is.

Anyway, I played a bit of solo Suicidal and maybe I was too close to Fancy Hands, but the extra damage chipped away at my health way too fast and I ended up running and healing 70% of the time until one Fancy Swipe brought me from 90 health to 10... or something. I'd like to see the trash zed that spawn with him to not spawn out of the healing phases in solo, it's super annoying.

I think the problem with upping damage from the bosses in solo is that there's no damage distribution, the boss you're fighting is always aiming at you and there's no way to get their attention off of you so you can heal. Often times if I do get away and heal, my health goes back down to >50 because while I was healing a bunch of bugs spawned right behind me and took away the 50 points I just put back on.

Reactions: hal-
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2280354 said:
    That is mostly correct.

And no the changes aren't that drastic. The changes are an attempt to address two things. We are seeing boss battles drag out a bit and we want to force them to conclusion faster (if players are going to win we would like them to win quicker and if they are going to die we want them to die quicker). We didn't want to tip the scales much as that could lead to major changes to how combat plays out and we don't want players with a chance of winning to now find that impossible.

You seriously need to tweak Patty then, or make him even more aggressive. Because Patty with so few health on HoE is absolute easy mode right now.

Upvote 0
    jd641;n2280399 said:
    Yeah, it annoys me when I see the "hoe is so easy" posts, especially when it's talking about how a certain team that always plays together always wins. Shut up already, if you're playing with people you know and you know what and when they'll do something, of course you're going to find it easy. Go pub with no voice and a medic that's using a flamethrower instead and tell us how easy HoE is.

Well hell on earth should be for those who know what there doing and even random pub teams are fully capable of handling the boss, even more so now then ever before.However if you get more than one muppet without a clue then it might be harder to make the boss.Especially a medic with a flamethrower LMAO.

But for the most part I'm not happy about the lower health on bosses for hell on earth , i thought the whole idea of hell on earth was the fact you would die if mistakes were made and the boss will more likely kill you than for you to kill it.

Upvote 0
    One big problem i used to see before is people exploiting the AI by repeating the same movements and taking pot shots at the bosses, waiting for the predictable attack from the boss, shooting a little bit, running and hiding behind things then repeat over and over until it's dead. That can cause a game to drag out another 10-15 mins with just a couple of players left alive on the team because I've seen it happen. If they can sort that out somehow then it wouldn't drag on so much.

The other thing is that their attacks at very long range hardly do any damage to players, mostly Patty's because his rockets spread so much at distance and so do his bullets. At least they did when i played a couple of months ago.

Upvote 0
    slayer123;n2280548 said:
    Well hell on earth should be for those who know what there doing and even random pub teams are fully capable of handling the boss, even more so now then ever before.However if you get more than one muppet without a clue then it might be harder to make the boss.Especially a medic with a flamethrower LMAO.

But for the most part I'm not happy about the lower health on bosses for hell on earth , i thought the whole idea of hell on earth was the fact you would die if mistakes were made and the boss will more likely kill you than for you to kill it.

i agree with the general concept but i'm mostly glad about the bosses health reduction, when there are few players or 1 left, even if you could kill it it would take too dmn long and might as well suicide, i'm all up for the bosses to be hard, but not necessarily by being sponges, or having a few cheesy too strong attacks and other weak ones, they should all be relatively deadly but counterable with the right choices, and by all perks.

Upvote 0