• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Post Launch Work Begins!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    As you now know, we released Killing Floor 2 across officially across PC and PS4 this past weekend. It has been a very exciting time for both returning players and new fans who are just joining us to fight back the waves of Zeds! First of all, we would like to thank all of you for joining us on this journey of what is only one major milestone of hopefully a long trip together.

We've been spending a good chunk of our time since Friday monitoring stats, looking at crash reports, and reading player feedback. Today I want to let you know how that is turning into direct action from us.

First up, PS4. We are prioritizing parties being split apart during matchmaking as well as infinite load time reports (we currently believe this issue is isolated to one map for the Versus Survival gametype, which we are going to remove from the server rotation as we work on a fix). We are also keeping an eye out for any reports of matches that can not be found (however, keep in mind if you run into this, a full power cycle of your PS4 will most likely clear up this issue - not a reset, the PS4 must be powered down). We are also investigating a few cases where Trophies are not triggering properly as well as key prices being incorrect in some EU regions of the PSN.

Globally we are looking at feedback on the Firebug and, new with the launch of the game, the Survivalist. While I don't have any information to share just yet; we are looking into some changes for both of these perks based on player feedback. We should have more on these over the coming days/weeks. Remember you can keep an eye on the top issues we are tracking here on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/ZOwMRlcW/killing-floor-2-community-issue-roadmap

Beyond these issues, we have been reproducing community reported bugs and are starting to work on addressing them in our next update. Our content teams are also hard at work; for those of you just joining us with the launch of the game we are working towards a new weapon for the Berserker (the mace and shield), a new Zed (double bladed Gorefast), and a new map!

Looking ahead into next year, our production team is sorting out the roadmap for our intended content goals which includes: New Maps (both our own and community created ones taken official), New Weapons (for many if not all of the perks including some old favorites), New Zeds, New Boss (or potentially more) and New Game Modes, along with the return of the Seasonal Events from Killing Floor 1. Many of these items are in some sort of prototype or production already (one old favorite weapon and one soon to be new favorite are in early testing), so it is shaping up to be an exciting year ahead!

As an additional note for PC players who participated in our Early Access, we believe we have found a way to retroactively grant players the reward items. This will likely be part of our next update, but we will keep players informed via the support site and KB article on the subject.

Yoshiro;n2279082 said:
    As you now know, we released Killing Floor 2 across officially across PC and PS4 this past weekend. It has been a very exciting time for both returning players and new fans who are just joining us to fight back the waves of Zeds! First of all, we would like to thank all of you for joining us on this journey of what is only one major milestone of hopefully a long trip together.

We've been spending a good chunk of our time since Friday monitoring stats, looking at crash reports, and reading player feedback. Today I want to let you know how that is turning into direct action from us.

First up, PS4. We are prioritizing parties being split apart during matchmaking as well as infinite load time reports (we currently believe this issue is isolated to one map for the Versus Survival gametype, which we are going to remove from the server rotation as we work on a fix). We are also keeping an eye out for any reports of matches that can not be found (however, keep in mind if you run into this, a full power cycle of your PS4 will most likely clear up this issue - not a reset, the PS4 must be powered down). We are also investigating a few cases where Trophies are not triggering properly as well as key prices being incorrect in some EU regions of the PSN.

Globally we are looking at feedback on the Firebug and, new with the launch of the game, the Survivalist. While I don't have any information to share just yet; we are looking into some changes for both of these perks based on player feedback. We should have more on these over the coming days/weeks. Remember you can keep an eye on the top issues we are tracking here on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/ZOwMRlcW/killing-floor-2-community-issue-roadmap

Beyond these issues, we have been reproducing community reported bugs and are starting to work on addressing them in our next update. Our content teams are also hard at work; for those of you just joining us with the launch of the game we are working towards a new weapon for the Berserker (the mace and shield), a new Zed (double bladed Gorefast), and a new map!

Looking ahead into next year, our production team is sorting out the roadmap for our intended content goals which includes: New Maps (both our own and community created ones taken official), New Weapons (for many if not all of the perks including some old favorites), New Zeds, New Boss (or potentially more) and New Game Modes, along with the return of the Seasonal Events from Killing Floor 1. Many of these items are in some sort of prototype or production already (one old favorite weapon and one soon to be new favorite are in early testing), so it is shaping up to be an exciting year ahead!

As an additional note for PC players who participated in our Early Access, we believe we have found a way to retroactively grant players the reward items. This will likely be part of our next update, but we will keep players informed via the support site and KB article on the subject.

what even is this?

Upvote 0
    First, i want to thank YOU for an excelent work both on game and on... lets say PR. I think this early acces was done right. There were some mistakes (naturally) but most of them are gone, mostly because you listened to community. Briefly said i am happy i could have supported this product with my money. Great investment compared (that will get even better, considering your promises... however i would not mind some paid DLC if nessessary) to some other titles, both EA and ordinary.
    Now i would like to ask you for some info regarding this:
    Yoshiro;n2279082 said:

During EA there were some rumors about new perks, prestige system, LMGs etc. Dont see them mentioned there so my question is: Are these ideas refused, or have they low priority, or are they in "undecided" state?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Veny;n2279104 said:
    First, i want to thank YOU for an excelent work both on game and on... lets say PR. I think this early acces was done right. There were some mistakes (naturally) but most of them are gone, mostly because you listened to community. Briefly said i am happy i could have supported this product with my money. Great investment compared (that will get even better, considering your promises... however i would not mind some paid DLC if nessessary) to some other titles, both EA and ordinary.
    Now i would like to ask you for some info regarding this:

During EA there were some rumors about new perks, prestige system, LMGs etc. Dont see them mentioned there so my question is: Are these ideas refused, or have they low priority, or are they in "undecided" state?

We never announced any of those items. Unless we announce it, there is a good chance it won't see the light of day even if players find some odd ref to it in game code/files.

Upvote 0
    I only have one request Yoshiro...

kf_gingerfast_by_atagene-d352gwi.png

You know it has to happen, right? ;) (maybe not this year, naturally..)

Reactions: TheTCREngineer
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2279082 said:

That's a good thing to hear. I have been so busy with work and school taking up my whole life I haven't played this game since last Christmas. Good to know players like use aren't being left behind.

The game looks amazing by the way, even though I don't have the time to play, I still watch the updates. You guys have done a pretty good job on KF2 :)

Upvote 0