• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 2 1046 Opt In Beta is Up!

Minor bug I noticed is when I kill a Zed with a perk weapon and I do said perk's bonus exp objective (like killing FPs with a demo weapon) it shows the extra exp gained and no bar progress, but once I do a Survivalist EXP gain, it progresses with the hidden exp that was not shown before. Idk if the game is confused on what to prioritize or if this is intentional. Just throwing it out there.

Upvote 0
I played a bit...I don't really like survivalist skills, they are too constraining. Passive damage bonus is too low. Only 15% from Normal to Hoe? Non enough to help the team. I think that 25% is more appropriate.
I like the speed boost with melee weapons equipped. It's old school :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do i get fps drops to 60 fps (from 82fps capped) during trader time and sometimes mid-waves?
Why is gore kinda transparent?
Why the siren effect change?
Why did u guys add a bloody screen effect?
Why is the screen blinking green when you got puked?
Why is survivalist worthless?
Why is this update so bad?

Upvote 0
DCCentR;n2277542 said:
Quick report - reflections are fixed now on AMD ;) thanks
http://i.imgur.com/VAhmc1h.png

But then I zoom in - reflections are disappear, is this normal?
http://i.imgur.com/x4M1NF4.png

Same, 7850, driver version 15.200.1062.1004 (15.7.1.), Win 10. Had also broken reflections before but only on latest Crimson drivers (among bugs with other games too), Catalyst was OK, that's why I'm still using the last known version good for this GPU. Now bloom is off on Catalyst too though.

Upvote 0
simplecat;n2277784 said:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Fixed trader menu inconsistency with weapon ammo capacity and perk skills that extended the capacity
[/LIST]

This one has not been fixed for me. I still have to leave and re-enter the trader to be able to fully refill the weapon.

Same here.

Also noticed a new bug: When SWAT, switching from Heavy Training to Tactical Movement between rounds makes you primary weapon disappear.

Upvote 0
Disappearing/Dud Projectiles
Not fixed. They generally seem to work better for most weapons, and they tend to work more reliably in zed time, but I noticed my C4 being duds at least 30% of the time which is literally unusable. I threw two duds in a row twice in one game, neither was in zed time. It uses up a c4 but nothing throws, again seems to be related to weapon switch or quickly throwing or something like that.

The match I played gave me the impression M79 and RPG are noticeably better than before and C4 is noticeably worse. Also it mostly wasn't zed time when my C4 didn't throw, it was regular non-matrix time.

Off-Center Projectiles
As with the above issue, in my limited playtime I noticed that this bug seemed to be mostly gone. I only experienced it happen one time, so again it isn't fixed fully. I switched to M79 and hipfired at a group of zeds far off in the distance, instead of going straight to the center like normal it went slightly down and to the left like usual, except it seemed like it wasn't quite as far down and left as usual, maybe half-way off-center. I don't know but my point was that these two issues haven't quite been fixed.

Demo is more playable and it seems like I don't have to dread every zed time, wondering if I'm gonna get the 50/50 or 30/70 chance of my shot not actually coming out but using it up, leaving me helplessly staring at my target. Now the weapons seem more reliable, but not fixed. In my single match I experienced the off-center bug once and about 5 or 6 disappearing C4's MINIMUM, often 2 in a row with the third throwing properly. Switching to C4 fast and throwing it or throwing it before it gets to idle animation or something is causing it to dud very often without zed time being active. Before this never happened for me ever. Only M79 and RPG were duds, maybe C4 if zed time was active.

Please keep working on this, it seems like you've almost got it.

Upvote 0
So i noticed that the Survivalists armor gets hit before he takes health damage. Is this a bug or intended? Having this innate makes him innately more tanky than SWAT.

And someone said Microwave gun was causing zeds to be set on fire and that Groundfire skill was affecting molotovs?

slayer123;n2277654 said:
Just to clarify Firebug microwave gun has less SPLASH DAMAGE, not less direct damage.I maybe the only one pleased with this.And let's face it firebug was better before they made it op due to bugs, now I can go back to playing fire bug as it's not like cheating anymore.Also hopefully they'll be less idiots setting 6 scrakes on fire at a time, or less accidently catching one on fire.

Also I was on a 6man survivalist team on suicidal all low low levels (highest 5/6 lowest 0) and we made it to the boss, although we are all friends and normally rip h.O.e.It was fun to change weapon combos finding what works best for you and your team.Iv actually come to start liking survivalist.I think there is more to it than meets the eye, and can be a great perk.

EDIT

After playing it abit more I'm kinda torn on it, its fun but not a serious perk.The skills definitely need alot of attention and the passives need boosting, it is virtually useless against the boss compared to other perks on hell on earth. But I must say having a scar, pulveriser and cross bow is soo much fun but being burnt to death with your own molotov is bull****.

I do think the Survivalist is fun but when I see those skills it feels really limiting. Its fun to try different weapon combinations. I am currently liking Dragons Breath with RPG-7, but if anything it makes me want to try those weapon combinations as thier specific classes and see how they work. I will be posting an analysis on the skills in a few days.

NokiaSE;n2277565 said:
C&B was very OP stats-wise by sharing many similarities with the tier 3 Flamethrower. In other words, it has been achieving way more than what you'd expect with a tier 1 weaponry like the 1858 Revolvers and the AR-15 Varmint Rifle - by being able to burn, stumble, detonate and kill Zeds in bulks with only a quite manageable downside of lacking range provided the majority of the enemies in this game are melee-oriented.

In C&B's current (v1046) shape, it's not as appealing (if any at all) as other lower tier options when not used by its proficient perk as it now packs very low killing power and relatively heavy weights while it's inherently short-handed and bulky.

It sounds like it should have its weight lowered if thats the case. I personally think some new firebug weapons should be top priority post release. Having two different tiered weapons that play similarly is fine when there are options but currently there arent any for Firebug.

Upvote 0
1046 Change Log in T_Chinese: https://goo.gl/AKUdlc

Unless TWI intent to work on a hotfix right before the final release to address some minor hiccups, like the vomit foreground effects kinda bob along as you sprint - and the Eviscerator is missing the on-hit sound effect for its bash on certain occasion, I suppose this will be the last one ever... till the full release that is.

Zheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gotta agree with the majority on survivalist. If the intent was to allow mix and matching weapons then skill choices that divide which weapons can be used effectively work against that. Dominant strategy and all that but I find myself unable to use weapons without reload speed bonuses on sui+, the game is just too fast to reload slowly.

Problem: This is partially due to gameplay feeling more akin to a bullet hell than zombie shooter. Every second counts because you want to dodge as many enemies as possible, to which the game challenges you by throwing them at you from every direction very quickly. Defeat is earned by not dodging/avoiding many hits in a row instead of making the mistake of letting that one guy reach you who proceeds to tear you a new one. Hell it's beneficial to be hit by bosses/fleshpounds because their knockback moves you away from danger. In this environment players are going to value anything that lets them do something faster, thus the importance of reload speeds and why dividing them on a perk that's all-inclusive is causing some friction.

Suggestion: stagger the reload skills maybe?

That's my sleep-deprived two cents, sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2277807 said:
Disappearing/Dud Projectiles
Not fixed. They generally seem to work better for most weapons, and they tend to work more reliably in zed time, but I noticed my C4 being duds at least 30% of the time which is literally unusable. I threw two duds in a row twice in one game, neither was in zed time. It uses up a c4 but nothing throws, again seems to be related to weapon switch or quickly throwing or something like that.
[/COLOR]

I just noticed this on my last game. First one out didnt do anything. Has it been reported in the bug subforum?

On another note the rate of albino spawns is considerably lower than before. Very noticeable so far to sui (have yet to start a HoE game.) Well done TW! :D

Upvote 0
omano;n2277915 said:
I can't find the Takeover options in webadmin, can you tell me where it is please?

I can't find it either.

My opinion to the beta: terribly boring! The perk alone is already boring, in addition, that there are no new weapons or at least one map. It feels as if nothing has happened. There is nothing new to discover. I've played at least one round every day, it was my daily dose, but now ... I wish you guys were more creative and that you would have a better time management...

Upvote 0
Yeah it feels like the new perk was made because they did not have time to create a new one like "OMG two month till release date, **** it, let create a new perk with what already exists, that will do the trick", but maybe it was the plan from start and those 'martial artist' rumors were only rumors..

Anyway so I'm not blind, the take over option does not exist in webadmin despite what is written in changelog..

Upvote 0
omano;n2277922 said:
Yeah it feels like the new perk was made because they did not have time to create a new one like "OMG two month till release date, **** it, let create a new perk with what already exists, that will do the trick", but maybe it was the plan from start and those 'martial artist' rumors were only rumors..

Anyway so I'm not blind, the take over option does not exist in webadmin despite what is written in changelog..

omano;n2277831 said:
I can't find the Takeover options in webadmin, can you tell me where it is please?

PCServer-KFEngine.ini >

[Engine.GameEngine]
MaxDeltaTime=0
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
bUsedForTakeover=FALSE

Upvote 0
matrimelee;n2277983 said:
PCServer-KFEngine.ini >

[Engine.GameEngine]
MaxDeltaTime=0
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
bUsedForTakeover=FALSE

My post wasn't about how to enable or disable it from the config files. my post was about the change log says we now have the option in webadmin which isn't true. I already knew how to disable it.

Upvote 0