• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1043 Tactical Response Update

Really liking the Swat perk, new map and UI improvements. Only negative, as with any large patcdh/update, I have to go in to all our servers and manually reload all the Custom Maps back in to rotation. Why is this? Also, WebAdmin still appears to be a little buggy....... but still have not delved into this one yet. Common complaint among my secondary admins is that changing GAME settings, i.e. Difficulty and Length, in WebAdmin does NOT work.

Still, great work guys and appreciate all the effort. Hopefully, all the bugs get worked out of this fun game.

Upvote 0
FoolishNinja;n2268582 said:
i like the new bash. Your character is swinging with his whole weapon. That looks really powerful.

for me the determining factor if it looks powerful or not is decided by the hit effect and sound, i can apretiate both animations, the old one felt a bit weak in practice opposed as how well done the animation looked, not talking about dmg, just that the reach was a bit less than what it looked like, sometimes falling short just by a few centimeters. perharps a system similar to zeker attacks could provide both attacks to some weapons.

while we are on the subject, SWAT battering ram could use some hit effect too, feels a bit like the zeds become completely weightless. animation would be too bothersome, so a micro hit stop, sound and screen shake could do the job.

Upvote 0
WelshJester;n2268517 said:
I dunno, I was playing a custom map and I saw a berserker making a mockery of him even after this update and he ended up killing him in what seemed like less than one minute with the eviscerator.. so either Berserker is still quite OP or Hans is actually quite weak.. or too exploitable, it seems like Berserkers who know what they're doing can make short work of the bosses, which shouldn't be possible tbh because it makes it feel very anti climatic.

More info needed...

1 minute from the start of the boss wave?
How many other players started the wave? Where any alive with the zerk? Causing damage in addition to the zerk?
What damage did Hans have when the zerk started their damage?

It could just have been that the player was one of these artifically enhanced types - you know the ones with a controller! Ive seen zerks with evis. die like frightened rabbits.... I guess it depends on the player.

Also Im not sure if modded maps help or hinder bosses.... or dont change a thing! I think that mostly they hinder as the main benefit is that healers can be miles away from the action and heal ppl without any LoS problems. Which cant really be said for official maps. Then again I guess it depends on the map in question.

Upvote 0
I've gotta say, Hans Volter's indefinite berserk mode needs to go. Once you get him down to a certain amount of health, his propensity for filling entire rooms with grenades every few seconds goes up through the roof, and those grenades DO hurt, a lot. With the Patriarch, there's at least some breathing room to recollect yourself. With Hans, he's constantly attacking.

Upvote 0
Soundwave94;n2268557 said:
5) Husks on HoE are to powerfull, they attack rip off 75+ HP

I would add to that that when you use an bezerk granade on him, he will stop firing but if you get close enough to kill sometimes it explodes and kills you, its wrong, if he is unconscious he should now explode him self until the effect of the grande pass away.

Upvote 0
Chyros;n2269275 said:
You're not accidentally selling it in the shop by any chance, right?

No, I'm sure I didn't. I even found the pistol on the ground again and thought to myself "Hey, where's my pistol?" I'll try it next time I play the perk. Is there a way to record my gameplay with an ingame command like in KF1? Maybe then I can check what happens to it exactly.

EDIT: Well, now I'm not so sure anymore that I maybe have sold it. I used the new option at the trader to "stock up". That's what I always use it for and accidently sold it. Maybe the last time was just a coincedence that there was a random spawned pistol on the ground.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tefaan;n2269289 said:
No, I'm sure I didn't. I even found the pistol on the ground again and thought to myself "Hey, where's my pistol?" I'll try it next time I play the perk. Is there a way to record my gameplay with an ingame command like in KF1? Maybe then I can check what happens to it exactly.

EDIT: Well, now I'm not so sure anymore that I maybe have sold it. I used the new option at the trader to "stock up". That's what I always use it for and accidently sold it. Maybe the last time was just a coincedence that there was a random spawned pistol on the ground.
Some people have reported issues with this actually. If memory serves, if you have a T4 and a medic pistol and stock up, it sells the pistol and buys you a medic SMG instead xD .

Upvote 0
Chyros;n2269311 said:
Some people have reported issues with this actually. If memory serves, if you have a T4 and a medic pistol and stock up, it sells the pistol and buys you a medic SMG instead xD .

lol well. I have to say the function is really cool but there should be more options to it. I'd like to just get ammo for my weapons instead of selling all my weapons to buy the next tier weapon which will kill me the next wave because I can't slaughter all zeds with the Rail gun for example.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2268808 said:
More info needed...

1 minute from the start of the boss wave?
How many other players started the wave? Where any alive with the zerk? Causing damage in addition to the zerk?
What damage did Hans have when the zerk started their damage?

It could just have been that the player was one of these artifically enhanced types - you know the ones with a controller! Ive seen zerks with evis. die like frightened rabbits.... I guess it depends on the player.

Also Im not sure if modded maps help or hinder bosses.... or dont change a thing! I think that mostly they hinder as the main benefit is that healers can be miles away from the action and heal ppl without any LoS problems. Which cant really be said for official maps. Then again I guess it depends on the map in question.

There were 6 players and it was HoE. Not really sure what happened but only saw it happen once, but i think the zerker kept shoving him back and his shield broke pretty fast and it was over. Don't know if it bugged but it seemed fast anyway.

I also specced a game where a zerker was running around the block and garden of the Paris map while fighting the Patriarch (again on HoE), the zerker just kept repeating the same moves over and over rarely taking any damage, waiting for patty at the top of the stairs, then dropping out the window and hiding behind the wall while patty was shooting at him, ran around the block again.. rinse and repeat, it dragged on for maybe 10 minutes before he beat him. Either zerker is just too fast or the bosses still need refining.

The way the game is right now I'd say without question the easiest perk to play through all the waves at least, is the zerker.

Upvote 0