• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1043 Tactical Response Update

Kicked;n2268238 said:
Well I kept running out of ammo with full auto so I started using single shot which makes the class pretty worthless.

It can be a struggle in the beginning rounds. I usually use dualies (perk bonus) the first wave and sometimes 2nd wave to save money. I usually skip the MP5 and save for the P90. The trick is to make sure that you have at least 75% of the max ammo with your primary at the beginning of every round, otherwise the upgrade wont be worth it. Reaching level 15 also helps when you get the +30% max ammo perk. You can get around 800 rounds with the Kriss!

To the Devs : Love the update! The Cardboard Armor is my new fave. Just one complaint though....Why can't Tom freaking Banner use the cardboard KNIGHT armor? I wanted to put him in it so badly :(

Upvote 0
Updating was pleasant to me, but is small, BUT.

MP7 SMG
Mag size decreased to 30 (was 40)

MP5RAS SMG
Mag size increased to 40 (was 30)

The real analog of MP7 has no 30th Mag size, as well as at MP5RAS has no 40th Mag size too. Developers, I of course understand that the balance, is good piece. But it wasn't better to rearrange their places? MP7 More Mag size,more damage and Fire speed. MP7 in reality is far better than MP5RAS. Ask professionals!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lexass;n2268258 said:
Updating was pleasant to me, but is small, BUT.

MP7 SMG
Mag size decreased to 30 (was 40)

MP5RAS SMG
Mag size increased to 40 (was 30)

The real analog of MP7 has no 30th Mag size, as well as at MP5RAS has no 40th Mag size too. Developers, I of course understand that the balance, is good piece. But it wasn't better to rearrange their places? MP7 More Mag size,more damage and Fire speed. MP7 in reality is far better than MP5RAS. Ask professionals!

this was what i thought before the update too, dont really know about in real, but in game at least by optics, you'd feel motivated to go from mp5 to mp7, the mp5 even with the better stats still feels like a take or leave choice, which is a bit of a shame because i like it.

Upvote 0
I have to say - I was completely wrong to be so concerned about introducing some elements from Versus into the Survival mode.

After not playing for a few weeks I came back after the update installed and the game just feels so much more alive. The random "boss" zeds along with the special groups of FPs and Scrakes is a lot of fun to play against. Even the awful gas from the albino crawler isn't as game breaking as I had feared.

The new perk is a lot of fun although I am guessing the weapons will be in for a nerf. I'm only at level 3 and my P90 does fantastic on suicidal and after a near team wipe our medic clutched Kevin with nothing more than a P90.. and since I have the boss health bar enabled I saw it was still doing nice chunks of damage even offperk.

I'm very interested to see how the skills work - haven't unlocked any yet. :)

Other than that I still need to see what has become of medic and its skills; I have only played SWAT so far.

Nice update!

Kicked;n2268221 said:
So far the SWAT perk seems pretty bad to me. It needs more ammo at least.

I haven't experienced any of this - are you just clicking M1 and holding or shooting in bursts? With burst fire you should not have that issue at all unless you join a game late and only have your T1 weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great update, I liked almost every aspect of it !
There is some issues thought :

1) Sharpshotter is still weak and broken, it need an serious burst to be able to comparable with demo, bezerk and medic.
2) Gunslinder, it was almost good before with no recoil, now its broken again, I would suggest to add no recoil as passive skill when using iron sign, and adding some resistance to siren and bloat.
3) Hans is too hard to kill on HOE, the ability to over run any class and do permanent rage trowing grenades at the same time makes it too hard for any combination of classes other then bezerk + medic.
4) Hans evade ( dodge ) is an bad idea, it fells he is able to teleport and evade your bullets, I would like to see this removed from the game.

Suggestion: I dont know why TW is not able to fix SS and gunslinger, I fell they maybe using some statistics that take in account the number of cheaters and autoaim players around there (there is a lot, more then 30%), if so TW really need to start ban cheaters and give servers the option to disable autoaim, it would even help to determine balances.

Upvote 0
Worked open USB.
I removing folders killing Floor 2 in documents. Work opening boxes in the game.
You have constant problems when you upgrade to the path of the folder ....Users\User\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2.
Each big update to be removed this balances the game. And I do not understand why the game does not use the Steam Cloud to store user settings in the game?
When the game starts, it checks the cache folder, and the incentive of this game is loaded not so fast.
Developer you need to check the cache in folder ....Users\User\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2
And big updates bring their problems every time.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2268429 said:
Great update, I liked almost every aspect of it !
3) Hans is too hard to kill on HOE, the ability to over run any class and do permanent rage trowing grenades at the same time makes it too hard for any combination of classes other then bezerk + medic.
4) Hans evade ( dodge ) is an bad idea, it fells he is able to teleport and evade your bullets, I would like to see this removed from the game.

Its a challenge thats for sure! :D

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2268429 said:
I dunno, I was playing a custom map and I saw a berserker making a mockery of him even after this update and he ended up killing him in what seemed like less than one minute with the eviscerator.. so either Berserker is still quite OP or Hans is actually quite weak.. or too exploitable, it seems like Berserkers who know what they're doing can make short work of the bosses, which shouldn't be possible tbh because it makes it feel very anti climatic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1) Hans evading should have cooldown, I was missing half of my shots with RPG while other teammates were constantly shooting him.
2) Zed blocking should reduce % of melee damage, not 100% (they don't carry a shield for god sake !) It's much harder to kill Gorefasts with Zerker
3) New spawn system is werid I was playing a couple offline mid/long games on hard/suicidal difficulty and like two times there was no FleshPounds at late waves.
4) New spawn system shouldn't include solo games, I was running away as Zerker on HoE from 4 (maybe more) Husks.
5) Husks on HoE are to powerfull, they attack rip off 75+ HP
6) New bashing looks weak, please revert
7) New Scrake and Fleshpound sound is bad, please revert
8) Patriarch speak to quiet

Upvote 0