• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullseye Update Preview Beta

Can anyone confirm if the Beta is for solo play only? I'm just confused if you choose to play it can you still play on regular servers that are not doing the beta of the update?

How does this impact xp gains etc.?

Sorry - just a few questions that I had.

Any clarity is appreciated. :)

Ok, now I think you're just trolling and pasting this stuff in every update thread. Lol. :D
Because they nerf Zerk every update

Upvote 0
Resistance system feels overly complicated.

That was my first thought when reading the patch notes. It feels like a whole bunch of arbitrary numbers for the sake of keeping the code symmetrical: every weapon type has to be "weak" against something, rather than it just being Teir based or not at all. So you get a bunch of counter-intuitive results and lots of the 'sponginess' that was supposed to be avoided. Then on the other end of the spectrum are weapons that are mega effective like the Rail gun.

Upvote 0
Why even make suggestions then?

Play the damn game and try for more than a second to adapt. I feel a new blame train comming up and it's giving me a headache :mad:

Relax :)

My suggestion are the one that everyone was asking even before the update (carrying M79 and RPG, fixing DoT for firebug).

This update just make it even more necessary because RPG lost its radius and firebug "lost" its sharpnel (which was kinda the only way to kill trash zed with your T1).

Also, everyone is going to play sharpshooter, so no one is going to look at the other perks right now. Just wanted to point this out before it's the actual update.

If you disagree with one of these suggestions, I don't mind. But, please, just tell me why :)

Upvote 0
It's weird that trash zeds resist weapons that are well suited to trash clearing. Crawlers and stalkers have a huge resistance to shotguns, all trash has resistance to explosives, and then the clot variants and crawlers are all super weak to... SMGs of all things?

It's just unnecessary to me that the most common cannon fodder enemies have such extensive and varied lists of weaknesses and resistances. It's like they're trying to force more differentiation across them when this is already accomplished by their different HPs, movement, abilities, and hitboxes.

I'm cool with the stronger zeds like bloats, sirens, husks, and the like having more profound resistances and weaknesses since they are way less common. But trash zeds should stay just that, trash. They shouldn't be a huge worry unless your team is severely slacking.

Upvote 0
RPG losing its' radius is no loss in power, bear with me.

If you have a Sharpie in the game, go with the crowd control and radius boost. If you say you cannot because you need siren resistance then you are using a crutch, it's been that way for a while, moreso now with the siren FX sync.

If you do not have a sharpshooter, go for impact damage. Point being you can pick which one if you open your mind to not using previous crutches. For reference, FB is hurting in ways but I can guarantee it has nothing to do with Shrapnel - as I play without shrapnel and know how to. It is not necessary just an easy choice that people have gotten used to.

So you go CC if your team needs it or you go high impact if your team needs it. If you have gone high impact and your team already has it covered, who is to blame? Or you could co-ordinate and possibly get sharpie to go the stun route if you were adamant about keeping that job.

Furthermore stop using RPGs on clots; The HX, regardless of opinion, is stronger now in both trees (ammo being more expensive now though). It's a decent PDW right now I'd say, then again I have a lv25 Demo so I can't speak for it without perk skills.

If you're running around with an RPG-7 you're looking for either tanks to destroy or FPs to destroy. Don't buy an RPG-7 when you're looking to kill groups of soft targets, honestly a 40mm grenade does a much better job at that currently and I personally feel that's the way it should be.

M79 weight should be dropped to 5 though so you can save your RPGs and use more than the HX25 at the end. Same thing has happened to sharpie but the difference is the LAR is an absolute beast at personal protection.

My entire point is if you feel you actually need that radius for an RPG you have a skill to increase it, the choice is yours. Don't wanna leave siren resistance? Fair enough, but that choice is yours and the option is totally there.

Upvote 0
Played a couple hours-worth of the new update yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

Demo -

HX25 has definitely been improved. Fragmentation Rounds helps deal with trash a little better now. Though I do wish the AOE buff was 100% instead of %50. If my HX25 can no longer one-shot sirens then at least let it clear out trash better.

M79 is so much fun to use now that we can acquire it on wave 2. Thank you Tripwire! I honestly have no problems with this weapon. Excellent value for the price.

C4 is fine with me. I usually only bust it out for FP's and Scrakes.

RPG can use some tweaking. I understand how it's not supposed to obliterate a room full of Zed's, but it's AOE is quite ridiculous. It's diameter needs to be doubled.

Overall I like the new Demo. More strategy and less brain-dead boom boom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too agree that the RPG's radius is ridiculously low now. I understand that decreasing its radius was necessary but come on. From 1000 down to 250? That's insanely low and now you can't even blow up two Zeds at once with it if they're more than 1 meter away from each other. At least put the radius to 500 or 525 or something like that but not something so low.

Upvote 0
I just had another play with it and I'd say about 400-450 radius would be good. I personally like the direction the RPG has taken and can live with it, but you'd need something with blast radius alongside it to back yourself up otherwise you get the "waiting spectator demo" problem. In my opinion M79 should be made 5 weight, unless this T3 changes things!

As for having your rocket launcher clear the street, best solution is to get another T4 launcher that does this. I have no problem with a launcher that does this but RPGs do not do this! They do *exactly* what they are doing ingame right now which is immensely satisfying.

Upvote 0
I think the resistance system belongs in a RPG... In those type of games where you can carry loads of weapons and actually take some time to prepare yourself, it makes sense to be able to switch your arsenal in the best way possible for the situation.

In an action-heavy game like Killing Floor with limited weapon choices, it doesn't feel at home... Most players will only play with one or two weapons,often tied to their perk. Even more so, there's the tier system,which mean some weapons are already better than others . It's definitely not needed,at least not in such a complex manner.

-----

I can only join you for the demo... I feel like it's easier to kill the bigger zeds with a hot potato right in the face, but it can't even kill a group of zeds in a reliable manner now... It feels truly weird. Even more so since you are already incapacitated by the lower ammo count.

Upvote 0
Only Tripwire could take a massive boost to Demo Man and turn it into a nerf. Congrats. You now are food for crawlers and stalkers. Also my C4 and grenades are now glorified fireworks. Yay.
meh...
Demo is fine,he is even more powerfull now,try this:

(RPG+HX-25)-Bombardier - High Impact Rounds - Fragmentation Rounds - Concussive Rounds- Mad Bomber

Upvote 0