• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullseye Update Preview Beta

people never used the parry anyway

All the good BSK used it, problem was there were only a few BSK that played to contribute to your team. Sry to say that but parry was one of the most important stuff for a BSK imho and nerfing it to an extend like in the new update breaks things yes. You mostly see BSK that will eagerly attack a SC even when you got a GS and Commando with high skill on your team and run away from the FP because they can't even perform a decent FP-lock with the Pulverizer. And that is why a lot of people say BSK is still very strong with not realizing it is kinda broken too yet.

greets

Upvote 0
My feedback after a few hours of play. Focusing on the negatives here but I like a lot of things about the update.

I know others have said it, but I'm adding another to the pile of this complaint.
9mm being useful on only clots is bad.
What I haven't seen anyone else mention is the same for the knife. I always go knife only on 1st wave and I enjoy it a lot. Now that gorefasts take 3 knife head hits and bloats take 10, and they spawn on wave 1 as well, that's pretty much out.

I tested out resistances for actual perk weapons (except demo, medic and firebug) and I'm happy.
But I have a few complaints there too, like Crawlers now taking 4 9mm body hits and 2 headshots, and 2 1911 body hits to kill. But it was like that in KF1 which I still play to this day, so even though I've always thought KF2 Crawlers felt better to fight, I can deal.
What is more troublesome to me is their resistance to shotgun damage. Some quick testing shows me they're gonna be quite a bit harder to deal with as a Support, and while I'm all for making the game more challenging, I think this is a really unfun change that adds nothing. Lining up some Crawlers and getting a triple with a single shotgun blast is both effective and fun. I don't see what the game gains by, against conventional logic, making Crawlers resistant to shotguns.

But like I said, overall I'm happy about the system. Some of the changes go against "conventional logic" but in ways that have tangible positive gameplay effects.

Another major complaint others have kind of(???) mentioned is what the new incap system does for bashing. It's basically never worth doing now unless you're grabbed by a clot. I'm not exaggerating (but am being pretty autistic) when I say bashing is one of the major good additions over KF1. I won't really go into detail what I think about this since I haven't spent much time looking into the incap system so I could very well be misunderstanding this. But I don't see this effect on bash being a good thing. I welcome the game being made harder, but not in a way that completely neuters a cool mechanic.
To be clear, I personally think even SC and FP should be affected by a single melee bash.
Oh also, I only tested it briefly so I could be wrong here, but it seemed Gunslinger's leg shot no longer works at all. I assume that is also to do with the incap system.

Also I think the Railgun needs to weigh more. I love it being super powerful, similar to the M99 in KF1, but being able to 3-shot an FP on 6p HoE at level 0 and have a LAR is goofy. It also means I have no reason to buy my baby, the EBR. I expect you all already know how powerful it is though, and just preferred to balance it "down" rather than "up" since it's the shiny new perk.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the update ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a lot to take in, but I had a great day playing, so that should count for something.

I'm wondering about the resistances, I didn't like the idea in concept and it doesn't appear to add anything to the game in practice. It doesn't make sense, and I've just observed a lot of frustration from other players around it. A bullet is a bullet and flesh is flesh.

Upvote 0
I can not play right now... But, I have a question.

How much weight the M79 (T2 of demo) now ? Can we carry it with RPG ?

I mean it's great to see different role between RPG and M79... but useless if we can not carry them together.

No, we can't. This was one of my complaints about the update that I didn't voice earlier in the thread. In my opinion this change makes the RPG useless since its AoE was drastically reduced, turning demo into a dedicated big zed killer by the time you reach your endgame arsenal. This isn't really needed because sharpshooter can completely trivialize big zeds right now, and this is further compounded with the fact that sharpshooter is overrepresented in team compositions since it's new. Obviously this will die down, but it's true for the moment.

Just let the sharpshooters on your team kill big zeds because the RPG now serves a role that the railgun does 10x better, and the only backup you as demo can have is C4 (which is a utility and not a real weapon) and the grenade pistol which honestly is still trash. I tried playing new demo, but the M79 + C4 is the only useful loadout now because otherwise you have very little crowd control.

I could forgive the RPG covering this role if you could actually have a good backup weapon, but you can't. As it stands, current demo feels like a hybrid between old demo and sharpshooter. This is just wrong thematically. Tripwire is putting in skills that increase impact damage and then reducing the AoE of demo's best weapon. I don't want to spend all my time aiming for the head as demo. It's ridiculous. That's what sharpshooter is for. I want to blow things up instead.

Also, siren explosive resistance is absurd. Sirens were already tanky before, but now they're tanking multiple M79 shots. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I could forgive the RPG covering this role if you could actually have a good backup weapon, but you can't.

Exactly.

So before the update : RPG (on its own) could a better work than the current RPG + M79 + C4 together. It's not even funny.

You call this an overhaul ? No. I call this killing a perk.

So, basically, we need to have either the weight reworked :

- RPG : 8
- M79 : 5
- C4 : 2

or

Demo have a passive which increase its capacity to 20.

And rework the new zed resistance. If your HX-25 can not even kill a siren... what's the point of this weapon ?

Otherwise, everyone will just end up playing gunslinger and sharpshooter.

Thanks God it's only a beta... means TWI is going to change things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, lots of good stuff. Many little additions make me think that Tripwire is perfecting their present work, and it's something many people were waiting for.

I hope the beta will reveal some unbalanced stuffs. It seems that the Sharpshooter grenades and stun ability made scrakes and fleshpounds acting like statues, even in suicidal. Way to easy too kill them now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, basically :

- Demo is useless (RPG radius reduced. It's now about the same as the Pulveriser... Yeah right... please...),
- Everything we learn until now about how much bullets/combo we need to kill a zed is useless (because of zed resistance),
- Firebug is useless (Sharpnel "removed" but without having increased DoT),
- Sharpshooter is OP (as expected).

That's nice. And I did not even play the game... I think berserker is probably useless too (?).

My suggestions :
- Demo can at least carry it's T2 and T4. RPG radius is 500.
- Remove additional Zed resistance (should fix berserker),
- Replace Sharpnel with an increase of DoT skill (should fix firebug).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some things I've felt like need to change are...

Bashing needs to have enough stumble power to quarantee a clutch stumble on all zeds.

Liquid Nitrogen Grenade needs to last longer on small to medium (mby bar the Husk cause it only makes sense that you cant freeze that guy easily) zeds, they feel like they thaw out almost instantly.

Railgun could use more ammo and less dmg.

Firebug needs a DoT increase and napalm rework. (this guy is actually terrifyingly legit vs Scrakes and Fleshpounds, he has like nonstop incaps going for them. Poor Scrake couldnt do anything from the stumbling and flailing in fire when i just held m1 down with a flamer.)

9mm could punch a tad harder.

Upvote 0
Any idea Yoshiro when the update will go LIVE or official to all servers?
I believe they were going to announce this on the PC Gamer show pre E3 on the 13 of june.

That's nice. And I did not even play the game... I think berserker is probably useless too (?).
Berzerker is good still. He's not OP, but good. Skirmisher (move faster and regen hp is actually pretty legit)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may have a little suggestion for the M14 wich i remember was a "no-scope- weapon in KF1, and it's good that it has now a scope, but i think we could make something here.
See it has no Alt-Fire, so why not add a put/unput scope as an alt-Fire ?
Just like (excuse me for the exemple) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 with the Hybrid Scope:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...Off_MW3.png/revision/latest?cb=20120420114506

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ing_MW3.png/revision/latest?cb=20120227125338

I think it's possible to animate, and could be interesting if a bunch off zeds come close, in that case you won't be aiming directly their nose hole.

Upvote 0
Tested this update and want to say that some resistances are over the top. Neutral vulnerabilities (x1 dmg) for the ZEDs are far less common than Negative vulnerabilities (less than x1 dmg, e.g. x0,4).

I think that this is the right direction to go, but this needs a lot of tweaking (A LOT). Because some of the resistances are complete nonsense (e.g. Stalkers vs shotguns, Crawlers vs fire (WTF???) and Sirens vs explosives)

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm if the Beta is for solo play only? I'm just confused if you choose to play it can you still play on regular servers that are not doing the beta of the update?

How does this impact xp gains etc.?

Sorry - just a few questions that I had.

Any clarity is appreciated. :)

Stop nerf Zerk !!!!!!!

Ok, now I think you're just trolling and pasting this stuff in every update thread. Lol. :D

Upvote 0