• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Conducting the Killing Orchestra

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone, we are hard at work on our next quality of life update. As previously mentioned, these updates are focused on bugs and balance and we are pushing to get them out as fast as we can. Today I am going to touch on this next QoL update as well as the next content update which is also being worked on, ie: the beloved sharpshooter!

We currently have two sharpshooter weapons going through our pipeline first, the Lever Action Rifle and Crossbow. Both are currently in the process of being textured and I hope to show them to you in the near future with some renders! I

First:IS2:
    Good for you, want a cookie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyways, is there any chance we will see the ability to create our own "Master materials" in the SDK any time soon. I would really like to be able to create my own shaders instead of having to "Tweak" the very limiting ones that are provided.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I think it would've been better to ask the player what difficulty they mainly play on and how many hours they've spent on it compared to their regular hours. That way, when they check "yes" to using a perk leveling map it can differentiate between the people with skill and knowledge over the people who don't know crap about the game. For example: 800 hours played on HoE but 900 overall will probably have more experience over a person with 10 hours on HoE and 40 overall. Just a random example to show my point.

Upvote 0
    Thank you for the update, I appreciate the communication as always.
    But I'm going to be a bit critical here in my response.

Will this conductor system be optional?
    Because I really really don't like this idea.
    Of course we don't have any details on the specifics, but what I have in mind from your description doesn't sound good for me.
    There are some other games with systems with a similar premise - if the player performs poorly the difficulty is adjusted in some way to become easier, and I do not like that.

If I'm trying to do something challenging in a game, I want to just keep trying until I succeed. If I or my teammates make a mistake and some of us die on, say, wave 6, and we end up wiping in wave 7 because we're underprepared, I think that's the way it should be.
    If a system like this is implemented and we end up surviving wave 7, the success isn't as satisfying, as we know the game was just going easier on us.

Of course, if it's optional then I really don't mind at all.
    Alternatively, if it's absent on HoE, I suppose that would be fine too, since those who are looking for a true challenge are going to be playing on HoE anyway.

Again, I don't know the details if what y'all have in mind so this feedback is entirely based on my assumptions of what you mean.

Whatever the case, thanks for the post and for continuing to make the game more awesome.

Upvote 0
    Using the perk tree we are looking at branches that give the demo options for better crowd destruction or to specialize as a larger zed exploding machine who may want to conserve ammo.

Lovely. :)

Edit: It's too bad that *2 & *3 (balance questions) only ask for whether perks and zeds are either too strong or too weak. I would have tagged firebug, commando, medic | husk, fleshpound but not because they are either of those but because they function very differently from my expectations and hopes.

Namely:

• Firebug is too easy to play and doesn't offer any challenges(little depth) and his burning damage over time is not viable.
    • Commando is very balanced but still shouldn't have to prefer one fire-mode over the other instead of adapting to the situation.
    • Medic needs to captilalize more mechanics in order to support the team both offensively and defensively.
    • Out of the existing zeds husk is the one I have the highest hope of ever being an active counter to movementspeed abuse.
    • I still hope either fleshpounds or perks get adjusted in such a way that killing a 6p/HoE fleshpound effectively and fast enough is not necessarily a job for the entire team anymore.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0