• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Conducting the Killing Orchestra

I don't really see what the purpose of asking if a person has used a perk leveling map is in regards to the responses, but whatever. Any specifics on what is changing?

I think it's to get more accurate data on how many maxed perks people have compared to hours played. Also helpful for learning whether or not the community is bored of leveling and would rather power-level, or if the current level-progression is fine.

Upvote 0
I feel that short and long game lengths should be added as well. Medium shouldn't be the only one listed.

Personally, I only like playing long games, and have only played a few medium and one short game. But that's just me.
Long games have the same wave "types", the amount of zeds at wave 7 at medium is the same as amount of zeds at wave 10 at long. There is just more waves, and devs were interested about if exact wave type is interesting or "tense" enough. First waves are boring on all lengths and difficulties including HoE, there is no point in grouping at first waves, zerk and with a bit of efforts firebug can kill entire first wave solo even with 6 players.

Upvote 0
The worst thing you guys could do is make the game too easy. It needs to be challenging to remain fun. If we **** up on wave 5 we don't deserve to have 6 and 7 be more simple so we can make it to boss. If we wipe on 6 then we need to try harder and do better next time. It's a valuable lesson in gitgud.

There are a lot of players who complain the game is too difficult but from what I see by their posts they don't have much game experience and just need a bit of practice and patience Tbh. Please don't alienate your players who love sui and hoe for the challenge.

Upvote 0
I saw this :

I also recently mentioned we had a close eye on the Demolitions perk.

and I was happy :)

I continue to read...

Then I saw this :

Balance:
  • Demo - Offperk skill was doing 15% instead of the intended 10%
And I was like : :(

As soon as demo was released, people were complaining about this "Offperk" skill, and a lot of people were hoping it would be gone in the next update...

It makes me wonder about this "Demo overhaul", if you miss this point from all the thread in this forum...

Now, of course, I understand it needs to be fixed if it stays. But, maybe the reason you did not notice this for so long (and nobody actually noticed it), is because no one care about this skill ?

And finally, we get some information on sharpshooter. Great news, but it also means that the work on Sharpshooter has just started ('cause no image, no skill and the weapon they mentionned are the one from KF1). Next update with sharpshooter is at least in 2 months.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw this :

and I was happy :)

I continue to read...

Then I saw this :

And I was like : :(

As soon as demo was released, people were complaining about this "Offperk" skill, and a lot of people were hoping it would be gone in the next update...

It makes me wonder about this "Demo overhaul", if you miss this point from all the thread in this forum...

My thoughts exactly!

I don't mind the demo tree being unbalanced because it was never fun in the first place. A bunch of invisible passives, nothing to ramp up your boom (let alone something comparable to firebug) and a welding skill as the creative cherry ontop... well and NUK3. :rolleyes:
Not really what I had hoped for but perhaps this change is just an interim solution.

So I hope they work on more skills that visually appear in the game and add more perk specific mechanics to it (door traps and nuke actually meet that but fail otherwise), more abilities that let you specialice in what you kill and how like they said and either a more attractive weld mechanic or a replacement for the door trap skill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The difficulty conductor is incredibly worrying to me. Killing Floor is very hardcore and players need great experience with the lower difficulties to move up to Sui and HoE which is perfectly fine. players aren't barred from enjoying the game if they aren't very good because they always have the option to play on normal difficulty.

The difficulty should NOT be changing during the match because the player should already have expectations of how difficult any mode would be before they begin playing and select a difficulty that caters to them. Details are rather scarce but the premise of a randomly changing difficulty in game sounds nightmarish for experienced players who meticulously learn the zeds' formations and abilities to survive the higher difficulties.

If players f**k up halfway through the game it is their fault and they need to play better next round to have a better chance at winning. If tripwire feels that players don't have enough control over the outcome of the match then it is Tripwire's responsibility to balance the game properly to allow for more player dexterity.

If tripwire want to go ahead with testing the new difficulty conductor they should at least have the forethought to provide an option to disable it for players that aren't interested ESPECIALLY when it is so early in it's testing phase. I know it's early access but you have an active player base depending on you not ruin the game completely until you work out the balancing several months down the line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wanted to add another vote for "leave the difficulty" alone - I hate the idea of the scaling being developed.

It's not so much an "I don't like change" approach, but this just something I don't see as needing attention. I like how it is and it seems to make sense.

Normal - kinda boring, great for people new to the game or just people who want lots of gore without any real challenge

Hard - potentially still a casual player but you want to be pushed (a little) in later waves - boss fights slightly more difficult

Suicide - this to me is the sweet spot, advanced zed abilities and a need to know your perk and how to best support your team.

Hell on Earth - serious players only, power levelers beware. this mode is basically killing floor on "crack"; zeds move so fast and are completely unforgiving (my opinion). i like that.

Upvote 0
If players are having a difficult time finishing games I would look to how much difficulty scales throughout a single game.

Oh, what do you know- scrakes and fleshpounds only spawn in the second half of the game, plus there's a boss after all the waves. I wonder if players might be having a difficult time with them?

Additionally, if we're altering balance dynamically, what does that mean for the first half of the game that's relatively easy compared to the second half? If I'm kicking *** against clots, crawlers, stalkers, bloats, gorefasts, sirens, and husks I sure as hell don't want that performance to increase the difficulty of scrakes and fleshpounds (in addition to all of the previous zeds) once they show up.

As things currently stand, I think scrakes, fleshpounds, and bosses could be eased up a bit on lower difficulty levels. Level out the difficulty a bit from first wave to last of a single game but let it jump more between difficulties (norm, hard, sui, hoe). After getting used to the final wave of one difficulty the first wave of the next difficulty should not be too much easier.

Upvote 0