• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Heading Into 2016 With Tripwire

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    As we here at Tripwire return back to the office after spending time with our families, friends and other loved ones we are gearing up for what should be a very exciting year. This past week (and the first few days of next week) we are setting into motion our plans for the upcoming year.

First let us lay down some ground rules. Like always everything we talk about is subject to change at any time, suddenly and with no warning. Focuses can shift and priorities change so we can react to what we feel is best for our fans and our games. With that out of the way, here we go!

We wrapped up last year with the

I'm glad to hear you'll be implementing balance updates and I'm really eager to see what prototypes you came up with. I recall skyrim devs doing something similar and the results were amazing (albeit most weren't implemented, which I hope will be different with KF2.)

We actually just got out of that presentation and there were some really awesome things!

Upvote 0
    Hope you all had some good holidays.
    When you say you hope to play with us how would that work?
    You're gonna post now & then some server ips and whoever is quick enough can join you?

Im also happy to see those non plan ideas of the team.
    Is it possible to show us most of the Ideas even when they dont make it into development? I'm pretty sure people like to know what you guys got going on in your heads. :D :D

Upvote 0
    Something else that happened in late December, as developers headed home for the holidays, is that we challenged them to come up with wild interesting ideas (that were not in our plans) and go forth and build prototypes. Later today we will be presenting those projects internally and several may be selected for further development and incorporation to the main game or released as mods.

Damn this is a really good idea, can't wait to see what kind of stuff comes from this!

Upvote 0
    Can't wait for the balance changes, they are sorely needed. Twin Fangs anyone? Glad to see new ideas are being encouraged as well.

Would like some clarification on the drop rate as well for in game loot. Would really appreciate a page showing all available drops.

I think the smaller in-between updates will go a long way to keeping people busy in between large updates also. Heading for orbit? Moonbase Beta?

Upvote 0
    Also what about "The Pit" thing we've seen in the PS4 trailer?
    u006z5d.png

Upvote 0
    Sounds awesome; I'd love to try out some good new content that feels more like "new kf2 stuff" and not "getting back stuff from kf1", as well as a few waves of balance for all this content. Gunslinger was a good piece of new content, but I'm interested as to what other new stuff will come to the game besides just perks.
    We got most of the pieces of the "Awesome and Balanced KF2" puzzle, we just gotta jumble them up a bit and see what fits best where, cause right now the mechanics feel rather jumbled in the wrong direction.

TWI should consider a RO2 weapon pack for kf2 later down the line. Since they're the same engine it should be pretty simple, or at least simpler.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Oooo I hope some of the prototypes are related to the mysterious Electric Weapons tab or the "Pit"...

But even if it is not related to those two things I am still intrigued by what you have thought up whilst drunk on the eggnog and having consumed near lethal doses of food during the holidays.

Upvote 0