• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Word From The Trader

This could be cool. I definitely would like more customization options.

I will say that I felt physically sick to my stomach the moment I saw the crates. Having cosmetics for sale is one thing. Having to pay for a chance at a random cosmetic is a personal peeve of mine. I hate grab-bags, and I much prefer itemized stores with set prices. But I won't speak for everyone.

One last point:
I don't want TWI to implement anything that could be considered pay2win, like exp boosts or, much worse, damage/stat boosts. Such things would destroy what Killing Floor is as far as I'm concerned. I think that, on just this last point, I might comfortable speak for the majority of KF2 players.

Upvote 0
Well, ****. We're going all out CS:GO.
The question is do I stop playing KF2 completely or do I just ignore it?
So weapon skins are now sold for real life money. That puts me into that existential crisis again that the Dosh jacket created. What do I have to collect? I surely cannot collect every existing skin, that would cost all the money in the world, wouldn't it? So will Tripwire have an official list of items that are canon to the vanilla game? Or what?
My friend just told me he's done with the game. He will check out the Sharpshooter when that comes out, out of curiosity, but that's it.
I fully understand where he's coming from. The game will turn into a trade-platform that's all about item item item money money money. Which will be the rarest most expensive skin? 500

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what was in the sandvich?
It was just a BLT, I mean it was pretty meh but I was really hungry and he just got up and started doing other stuff so I didn't think he still wanted it.

On topic tho. This just reminds me of TF2, which I have no problem with. I could be missing something, but I don't really understand why it upsets people that you can buy cosmetics. Though I can understand frustration with the crates thing.

Upvote 0
On topic tho. This just reminds me of TF2, which I have no problem with. I could be missing something, but I don't really understand why it upsets people that you can buy cosmetics. Though I can understand frustration with the crates thing.
I might be able to clarify this, as I've had a similar mindset sometimes. In KF1, it was possible to get all of the DLC - helping, supporting TW - and not empty your wallet on 'chance' items from crates. As a collector, it was very satisfying to have achieved everything: All achievements, all perk levels, all unlocks, all DLC.

This new system, especially the randomized crates, are a particular kind of hell to a great many in your fan base. This kind of thing specifically is why there was so much various backlash concerning the Foster DOSH! skin, and to a lesser extent, the original Harchier Spebbington character in KF1.

People like to be able to complete things. People like to know what they are getting when they spend money. People do not like throwing their money at random chances in an attempt to get one single thing they want.

*EDIT - Addendum*
Take one glance at my profile and it's obvious that I play both KF and TF2. Both systems work for me to an extent, but I vastly prefer KF1's DLC model. Trading in TF2 is a royal PITA, and I can say I've only opened a few crates. All of my best stuff in TF2 I got by trading or spending money to get what I wanted directly, and not by gambling on keys and crates.

I got the PCGamer at newsstand price over a year ago because I didn't want to miss a thing in KF2 after I got so much enjoyment out of KF1. I also got the Deluxe version of KF2. I will spend money - but I like to know what I'm getting for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. This was always the case, even in KF1.
2. You can also ignore the trading and buying stuff and just keep getting random free drops.

No, I bought KF2 thinking I'm going to enjoy this 100%, I'll buy everything Tripwire sets up for sale because I love this game. Now they are making me tremble. With crates, key and trading it's now nearly impossible to define what is "everything" and certainly impossible for the average player to collect every bit of content.

Oh and for the record, crates and keys was NEVER the case with Killing Floor before.

Upvote 0
I might be able to clarify this, as I've had a similar mindset sometimes. In KF1, it was possible to get all of the DLC - helping, supporting TW - and not empty your wallet on 'chance' items from crates. As a collector, it was very satisfying to have achieved everything: All achievements, all perk levels, all unlocks, all DLC.

This new system, especially the randomized crates, are a particular kind of hell to a great many in your fan base. This kind of thing specifically is why there was so much various backlash concerning the Foster DOSH! skin, and to a lesser extent, the original Harchier Spebbington character in KF1.

People like to be able to complete things. People like to know what they are getting when they spend money. People do not like throwing their money at random chances in an attempt to get one single thing they want.
Well I can certainly understand the issue with random crates. I'll just never personally be able to get into the completionist mindset. I don't even try that completionist stuff. On that note, is the issue that you can only get msytery crate dealies or is that just one of the things you can get. Coz in TF2, for example, you randomly found crates, but you could also just buy the thing you wanted.

Upvote 0
I'm really disappointed about the microtransactions choice.
Its kinda like a lottery which item you get.
With DLCs you could at least see what you will get and that would be the right way in my opinion.

I accept DLC, but never pay for lottery crates, sorry. :(

Read the thing, there is an in game store where you can buy some skins. (and also steam market)

Upvote 0
I have no big problem with the skin and USB stick drops in game, the main issue I have and do not like are the random crates. I'm fine with the whole USB stick thing, since if I don't want to go through all that stuff, I can just buy what I want on the market. But those crates, comon' Tripwire, there are better options available. You guys should make a pool now and see how we want out ''DLC''.

However, I'm going withhold further judgement until the update goes live and I see how the whole thing turns out, because they might change some stuff according to the feedback they see here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a feeling this would happen. While I'm not against it as since some of the proceeds go towards the modders themselves (and that will give them incentive to do more content which can only be a good thing :D), what I am against is PAYING for a ROLL to get a skin that I want and then ending up getting something that I probably don't want. 99% of the time. This random system is not for me.

I will happily pay for a skin I want (aka kf1 skin/weapon DLC) and support TWI/modders that way, rather then leave it to the roll of a dice.

Upvote 0
However, I'm going withhold further judgement until the update goes live and I see how the whole thing turns out, because they might change some stuff according to the feedback they see here

Not much time left to change anything before the update, but we are listening. And, to those asking "why not get the game out of Early Access first?" - well, here's your answer. Feedback, leading to changes in what we are doing with this, changes to future plans. So that, when the game comes out of Early Access, it is actually finished, with core systems like this ironed out and working the way people want it to.

Upvote 0