• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Word From The Trader

For all the people crying about micro-transactions:

Sorry for all the uppercase sentences but I hope that people who are like "OMFG DLC MICRO-TRANSACTIONS, UNINSTALL KF2, REFUND" will look twice before posting and having that kind of behaviour.

Oh and by the way, I'm like you, I dislike skins, I stopped playing PAYDAY 2 because the skins were giving stats (Pay2Win). Will I stop playing KF2 ? No, I'll just play with all the default skins and give away my crates to my friends. So why don't you do the same ?

Here's my problem with this, cosmetic only or not, they still had to build the entire "drop system" and the Zedconomy functionality, make all the new art assets for it and the various crates (Even if players made the skins) and all that Bull.

Instead of making assets and things for the actual base game.

It's not the fact that they're adding cosmetics, it's -HOW AND WHEN- they're going about implementing all this s***

If the game was 100% done and feature complete (All the perks, all the base perk weapons, all the base maps) And -THEN- they announced this?

I'd give so little of a F*** about it you'd need the most powerful particle detector to even sense it's presence. (at least, until they added the first paid-for thing with bonus stats on it or "sidegrade" weapon for real cash)

It's the fact that we -STILL- have serious game issues and a ton of missing content, and the programmers and art teams are wasting time working on crap like this rather than finishing the base KF2 experience.

Perception is everything.

Upvote 0
Mircrotransactions are the BEST way to deal with cosmetics IMO, instead of buying a character pack DLC (where you are paying for 5 characters, only one of which you use) you can pick`n`mix the stuff you want. RNG cases with rarity though- piss off

Absolutely... Or you can just not buy them at all. Personally my only gripe is late introduction. They should have been clear at the start. Now it seems a bit shady.

Upvote 0
Mircrotransactions are the BEST way to deal with cosmetics IMO, instead of buying a character pack DLC (where you are paying for 5 characters, only one of which you use) you can pick`n`mix the stuff you want. RNG cases with rarity though- piss off

100% support this. I know Yoshiro mentioned that weapon skins were the least money makers, but I'm willing to bet one of the main reasons for that was because not everyone wanted all of the skins in that paticular pack.

As an example let's just say a single weapon skin is

Upvote 0
Sorry for all the uppercase sentences but I hope that people who are like "OMFG DLC MICRO-TRANSACTIONS, UNINSTALL KF2, REFUND" will look twice before posting and having that kind of behaviour.

Oh and by the way, I'm like you, I dislike skins, I stopped playing PAYDAY 2 because the skins were giving stats (Pay2Win). Will I stop playing KF2 ? No, I'll just play with all the default skins and give away my crates to my friends. So why don't you do the same ?

Thanks for clarifying it for people who can't take a hint and read the freaking official stuff and can only read uppercase sentences in forums because god, it looks like they're numerous...

Anyway, thanks for this and I hope a lot of them will read you !

Also, the end note is just perfect. Never bought a single skin pack in KF1, didn't make my experience less fun. This time around it's even better, you can get skins for free ! You like it? Keep it. You dislike it, sell it, and after selling enough you'll be able to buy the weapon of your choice for FREE... gosh

[Group you don't agree with] doesn't think [belief you don't agree with] because you are literate while they are not. Hell, even if there are some misconceptions people don't get this pissed off because of small details. It's the big picture. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm really worried about how this addition is going to affect the culture of the game.

Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO are cancerous beyond belief. It's like nobody wants to play the game for the GAME, just for item hunting or joining games trying to trade their bull**** instead of playing.

This is my primary fear / misgiving about the whole situation. TWI needs to be VERY CAREFUL to implement the economy seamlessly with the game. In short, playing the game to WIN and BEAT THE BOSS should match up precisely with optimizing your chances with the economy. This means long games on hard / sui / hoe especially should be the optimal place to find some nice drops / crates, given you WIN the match, with time played taken into account as well. (Wave 9 /10 jumpers can jump in a lake now)

This is hard (but possible) to implement, yet very easy to foul up. I don't want the community suddenly swinging into short games, leaving us vets an impotent minority who can barely cobble a full game together.

Two things will unfortunately result from this: rage and tryhards who really want to win for crates, and some minor epeen. I don't mind the rage and tryharding; I played Heroes of Newerth for four years, so I'm immune to shouting / being shouted at for the tiniest of screwups. The epeen is whatever, I never saw it in KF1, and I don't expect much of it here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Complains that cosmetics trough microtransactions are killing the game and are an attempt to milk the playersbase
-Wants all of the good stuff for free

Do you even realize that the very reason as to why they've implemented this is so that we get more free stuff?
Jeez boys, think before posting such nonsense.

This is my primary fear / misgiving about the whole situation. TWI needs to be VERY CAREFUL to implement the economy seamlessly with the game. In short, playing the game to WIN and BEAT THE BOSS should match up precisely with optimizing your chances with the economy. This means long games on hard / sui / hoe especially should be the optimal place to find some nice drops / crates, given you WIN the match, with time played taken into account as well. (Wave 9 /10 jumpers can jump in a lake now)

This is hard (but possible) to implement, yet very easy to foul up. I don't want the community suddenly swinging into short games, leaving us vets an impotent minority who can barely cobble a full game together.

This seems like a good idea. This is one of my fears too and I think any addition to the game should be implemented carefully.

On another note, I CAN'T WAIT TO UNLOCK FOSTY'S ORIGINAL SUIT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Complains that cosmetics trough microtransactions are killing the game and are an attempt to milk the playersbase
-Wants all of the good stuff for free

Do you even realize that the very reason as to why they've implemented this is so that we get more free stuff?
Jeez boys, think before posting paranoid nonsense.

Most people don't seem to understand that money = quality. With a decent inflow of money, TWI can step up their tech (and staffing / salaries) to improve the game while also enjoying some financial success. I mean, we can't all be satisfied with indie-bum pixel garbage like Undertale and Fez. Some of us like some meat on our games.

Upvote 0
[Group you don't agree with] doesn't think [belief you don't agree with] because you are literate while they are not. Hell, even if there are some misconceptions people don't get this pissed off because of small details. It's the big picture. :rolleyes:

In other words people get pissed off because they can't be bother to take all facts into account.
I don't know about here but Steam has plenty of those...

EDIT: Also this is not about not having to pay anything. This is just a Strawman.
Back when TWI asked around what people think about microtransactions most people agree that the game deserves an ongoing influx of money if they'll use it to support the game for years - they just couldn't agree on what is the best method to earn that money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most people don't seem to understand that money = quality. With a decent inflow of money, TWI can step up their tech (and staffing / salaries) to improve the game while also enjoying some financial success. I mean, we can't all be satisfied with indie-bum pixel garbage like Undertale and Fez. Some of us like some meat on our games.

Well, Undertale was a good game for cheap without any pretention and had surprisingly alot of depth if you chosed to take any path except the Genocide one, but I see your point and I completely agree with it.

-To make a game you need money. How much depends on what resources you need to achieve your goal(s).

-To acquire said money, you need an income. Indies generally do with their own salary but for an AA company like TWI, you can't pull out millions from your pocket just like that.

-To generate an income you have many choices: borrow from banks, take from the company's pool, microtransactions, downloadable content, etc. All of these solutions have their own downsides and responsibilities that come with it. You can't keep borrowing from the bank or you'll bankrupt in no-time. You can't keep taking from the company's pool because if something happens, you'll have to make cuts somewhere to keep going.
Microtransactions and DLCs are two ways of GENERATING income. But like any form of products, you have everything to win reputation-wise from making quality content, but it'll be more expensive and people might whine that you're selling overpriced stuff.
You can water down the prices, less people will whine (some will keep going until it's free), but you'll make less profits and a smaller income will make you achieve your goals slower.

Like I say, life's all about balance. And I think TWI's got it so far.

Upvote 0
This is the Generate & Infuriate update.

It makes me sad that this was necessary to "improve" the game going forward. I understand the "why?" aspect, but that doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow for me.

The whole random part feels evil though. It seems like they want to tap into addictive personalities so people will just keep spending until the get what they want.

Upvote 0
If there's one thing I've learned since InD, it's that there is no way this community can accurately judge any of this until it's happened and we're in the middle of it.

For example InD, I'm fairly sure everyone was saying this or that skill would be OP or something, lots of opinions and voices flying around, then we got the update and it was completely different - demo ended up being the weakest link, shrapnel was way more than we thought and so on.

Basically, hold your judgement until it's public and you're looking at it. You cannot say it's gonna break the game when you haven't at all seen it in action, that's pure theory!

Upvote 0
i dont get why everyone is so salty. Im not gonna spend my money on skins, but they look nice and i will like to see them in game regardless. Keep up the good work

You know, I'd rather they keep up the "good work" on the actual game instead of **** like theses. That thoses are made by the community is irrelevant. The game is not even close to finishing EA (and look, they're months late in schedule LOL) and they're already pulling microtransaction bull****. Everyone that think this is a "good thing" is a retard. Or paid to say so.

At the very least an option to completely disable the option and any mention of it is required. But I know Tripwire won't do it, because customers aren't tempted by what they won't see :')

Upvote 0
You know, I'd rather they keep up the "good work" on the actual game instead of **** like theses. That thoses are made by the community is irrelevant. The game is not even close to finishing EA (and look, they're months late in schedule LOL) and they're already pulling microtransaction bull****. Everyone that think this is a "good thing" is a retard. Or paid to say so.

At the very least an option to completely disable the option and any mention of it is required. But I know Tripwire won't do it, because customers aren't tempted by what they won't see :')

If you have no interest in any of this, then you're free to sell your unused items for steam wallet money. If you have a problem with this then I believe that you're a retard.

It's optional, it's not pay2win, it helps people stand out. Why are you all such crybabies?

Thank you Tripwire. I enjoy customization. Not saying that I'll spend loads of cash on cosmetics, but I'll definitely deal out a couple dollars for the really good ones.

Upvote 0
Ok, let's reiterate:

- The development on 'Zed-conomy' was done by a different part of the team who don't deal with the other content like maps and perks.

- If you're worried this will be pushed in front of or take priority over the Gunslinger release, just look at the weapon on the 'exceedingly rare precious items' image. Recognize what perk that weapon is for? I think we can expect the perk to be released with the cosmetics as one huge update. Edit - It has now been confirmed that 'Zed-conomy' will be released as a part of a huge update with a new map, perk and more. I honestly think TW wanted to make something huge for us to spend time with, as opposed to something small that a majority would be bored with after a week or two.

- You can get free drops and either sell them for free steam money or use your successful sales to save up for some keys/USBs or a set of the 3 character specific skins. You don't even have to use your real money and you can freeload your way through this if you want to.

- This isn't pay to win, it's pay to look fancy. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with the whole RNG aspect and the 'quality' of skins being a bit annoying, but most of the other complaints are washed away because of the above statements.

Why are you all such crybabies?

I guess a lot of the Payday community came over here lol. Damn, I said the P word, didn't I?

Last edited:
Upvote 0