• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Word From The Trader

The weapon cosmetic DLC's if I recall correctly were the least popular item in KF 1. So we decided to try something different this time for those. Character items will work much like KF 1, just in game.

weapons skins was the least popular cause the price

if u have to pay 8 dolars for a pack of characters or 8 for a pack of weapons
people will always prefere pay for characters, if u put the 4 dolars for weapons skin pack will be more logic.

Upvote 0
this could be cool. I definitely would like more customization options.

I will say that i felt physically sick to my stomach the moment i saw the crates. Having cosmetics for sale is one thing. Having to pay for a chance at a random cosmetic is a personal peeve of mine. I hate grab-bags, and i much prefer itemized stores with set prices. But i won't speak for everyone.

One last point:
I don't want twi to implement anything that could be considered pay2win, like exp boosts or, much worse, damage/stat boosts. Such things would destroy what killing floor is as far as i'm concerned. I think that, on just this last point, i might comfortable speak for the majority of kf2 players.
+1

Upvote 0
Yes, an option to hide everyone's garish cosmetics would be very nice.
Yeah that would be pretty cool. Just give people the option to forgo it entirely. Only issue is that I assume the cosmetics work like the ones already in-game. If that's the case, I don't really know how you'd determine which ones would be "disabled" unless it were to just revert all characters to default, but that would be kindof bummer because there's already some variety that you don't have to pay for and that would get disabled too ):

Upvote 0
There are freebies AND this stuff doesn't affect your effectiveness in the game. The crate system has been used before in many games and it's a clever marketing strategy, so I see why it's being used here too. I personally don't mind a randomized drop system, but I really am against the 'quality' of weapon skins. There's nothing worse than getting something really rare and have it turn out to be 'battle scarred'.

If you guys are annoyed about the fact that this might have taken more priority over the Gunslinger update, or it's going to be pushed in front of it or whatever, just look at the weapon on the 'exceedingly rare precious items' image. Recognize what perk that weapon is for? I think we can expect the perk to be released with the cosmetics as one huge update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah that would be pretty cool. Just give people the option to forgo it entirely. Only issue is that I assume the cosmetics work like the ones already in-game. If that's the case, I don't really know how you'd determine which ones would be "disabled" unless it were to just revert all characters to default, but that would be kindof bummer because there's already some variety that you don't have to pay for and that would get disabled too ):
Yeah, that is a problem, isn't it. I can't think of a solution. I like the cosmetics that are in the game already. But if KF2 gets the variety of cosmetics you see in TF2, I would really rather hide most or all of them.

Upvote 0
If workshop gear then display default
And let any official gear choice untouched

Or I have forgotten something important ?

Upvote 0
There are freebies AND this stuff doesn't affect your effectiveness in the game. The crate system has been used before in many games and it's a clever marketing strategy, so I see why it's being used here too.

If you guys are annoyed about the fact that this might have taken more priority over the Gunslinger update, or it's going to be pushed in front of it or whatever, just look at the weapon on the 'exceedingly rare precious items' image. Recognize what perk that weapon is for? I think we can expect the perk to be released with the cosmetics as one huge update.
I don't really mind what is implemented when. It wouldn't be a problem for me personally even if it took them until this time next year to do full release. I have faith that TW will release a good game, and I'm willing to wait patiently for it.

Upvote 0
Aside from the Official Tripwire mapping contest going on, would it ever be possible for map makers to earn money for the custom maps they make.
(Assuming the players are not forced to pay for the map to play it) So through donations or some **** for players to show they appreciate the map or something.

We've looked at this one. Per your comment - we'd never ask people to pay for maps. Just splits the community. We've thought about "map badges" as a possible way to say thanks to mappers...

On a separate theme: interesting point on the subject of "completion", thanks. beginning to understand peoples' desire to have "everything". We'll have to give that some (more) thought.

Upvote 0
So far the items look reasonable enough. Just please TWI:

-no neon
-no silly crap like bunny hoods, crown hats with sparklers, and guns with blinking Christmas lights wrapped around them
That's the problem. I like neon. I don't like the 'silly crap' you mentioned. There is no accounting for taste, and that's where I see this becoming problematic - a lot of people have a specific idea of what the 'essence' of Killing Floor is, how it feels and how it looks, the atmosphere of it. This economy update, and more specifically what may come of it in the future threatens to distort and destroy the game many of us were hoping KF2 would be - a game we already paid for. Caveat emptor, I suppose.

I trust TW to make an awesome and fun game - in fact they have already done so with KF2. But I can see it potentially being distorted into something I don't want to be a part of. That is my biggest concern.
I just hope that in appealing to a bigger, different audience, TW doesn't forsake the community that made it possible to begin with.

Upvote 0
I've seen the question asked a few times in this thread already, but I'm going to ask it again, because how TW does it could severly affect gameplay.

According to the ZED-Conemy page, it says there will be ingame drops for weapons skins and the like. Will these drops take place during actual waves, or when the game is over (winning or losing)?

Upvote 0