• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Are You Ready To Beta?

Why are you restricting access to a weapon that was free in KF?

Firstly, it wasn't in KF1.

Secondly, even if it was in KF1, that's not a question you should ask. The question you should ask should be why are they restricting weapons at all?

I can't help but think this is a horrible thing to do to the community. I'm all for cross-game promos, but it feels like a sin to hold back weapons in KF2. It was a sin in KF1 too. Tripwire, promise that this is the end of it all, because I don't want to see you guys join the "bad guys" of the gaming industry like EA, and you keep slowly slipping down that dark path and I fear you might one day become that bad. End any exclusive or paid-for weapons and stick to selling weapon reskin DLCs, character DLCs, or any other things that don't affect gameplay. I don't care if it's a sidegrade and well balanced due to it's dosh amount. What if I don't have quite enough dosh to buy the Pulverizer but want something more powerful than a crovel or katana, and nobody on the server has Chivalry? In a way it's somewhat pay-to-win, because even if it turns out to be the worst KF2 weapon, more choice is always better, and this restricts the players' choice.

It's funny that I made this short rant because even if I did have Chivalry, I'd just save up for the Pulverizer anyway. However, I'd at least like to see the opportunity for the Zweihander to be used by all players at all times. Otherwise you'll get some matches where it's never used because it can't be used, and some matches where everybody will be using it because they don't always get the opportunity to.

EDIT: Credit is owed where credit is due, and at least it's not like KF1 where if you don't have the DLC, somebody had to drop the weapon for you, so good on you for at least coming up with a solution to that.

Also, do we know if XP from the beta will be transferred to the main game?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YES! I love seeing my two favorite developers team up!

Also loving the sound of all the changes, the only issue I have is about the M4 shotgun ammo increase. IMO the best way to amp up the gun would have been to tighten the spread of the pellets to make it an effective long range shotgun. Unless there has been a gun model update as well because the current M4 magazine tube only holds 5 in reality, after market extensions are made to hold 8 though. Other than that and the "impossible to pin down" release dates, I am thrilled with the direction the game is going! One last thing, TW made this guy very happy with the Chivalry crossover! Knight and Zweihander is a dream come true.

Upvote 0
For those saying its not a big deal, its not a top tier weapon etc...

It's not about that, its about the precedent it opens for this kind of practice. Just take a look at how many games this kind of thing has killed. Tribes Ascend, Hawken, Warframe, and many more.

I would hate to see KF2 going the same patch, specially since it already started with KF1...

Upvote 0

It's not about that, its about the precedent it opens for this kind of practice. Just take a look at how many games this kind of thing has killed. Tribes Ascend, Hawken, Warframe, and many more.

I would hate to see KF2 going the same patch, specially since it already started with KF1...

Ah, I can see where you're coming from. Generally I'm happy with wherever they take it and have trouble finding bad sides to much of it, but this did make me feel a bit uneasy.

However! The practice itself is a new idea. Essentially a step further than KF1's paid weapons; before, the owner could buy and drop them. Now he only needs to...well, be there. I'd say that's a win, keeping in mind that KF2 was guaranteed to have some kind of paid weapons. I prefer it over the sting of the community weapon pack, myself.

On top of that! Having not seen it in action, quick, how many servers out of 10 have chivalry owners in them? My bet is, just like the new perks, there will be chivalrous fellows everywhere at least at first. And it's also still going to be there 2-5 years down the line, every now and then a giant sword to play with. Then your chances of finding a cross-over weapon increase as more partnerships are made, different varieties...assuming this becomes a recurring thing.

And furthermore! (I'll wrap this up) crossovers are good, no? They are done for reasons! Bridges are built between developers. What better time to expand your networks and look for opportunities in the industry than in your product's infancy? Hell, that may not even have anything to do with it but the point stands; there are reasons beyond our insight at work, trust for now and see for yourself/let it be known when things are no longer satisfactory. We cannot make that call based on descriptions alone, it's not touched our hands yet.

Upvote 0
at some point can we get some the old classics from the first killing floor like the dwarf! axe which was more like a bat. but nothing more satisfying than watching the zeds go flying after 1 hit.

And a few items that take an achievement to get. Like kill 1,000 gorefasts and a gorefast sword is added to the trader.

also be cool if attacking some zeds in a specific way makes them lose parts you can pick up and hit his freinds with.

Upvote 0
And a few items that take an achievement to get. Like kill 1,000 gorefasts and a gorefast sword is added to the trader.
This is something I would LOVE to see. Sidegrade or cosmetic unlocks from kills / achievements specific to certain zeds. Maybe some day they could bring back the BlowerThrower, but you have to get a Bloat-related achievement or kill a bunch of bloats to get it. Or some kind of sonic-wave gun from Sirens? A "Stalker-face" option for Ana LaRive?

also be cool if attacking some zeds in a specific way makes them lose parts you can pick up and hit his freinds with.

Like when you shoot off a Clot's arm there's a 1/100 chance it just drops a "severed clot arm" melee weapon that you can pick up? Ahaha, that would be pretty funny.. all jiggle-boned, like that spy's arm you could get for Scout in TF2...

Upvote 0
I don't understand why optimal "beta" shouldn't be completely broken and therfore not released today.

Love that my favorite weapon in the game is getting serious buff though.

I don't understand why it takes more then 30 seconds to prepare a release to potentially over a million people. Just makes no sense at all /sarcasm.
More: I want it right now! I don't care what that involves, I just want it nowwwwwwwww!

Upvote 0

Slippery slope pls go. But seriously I doubt kf2 will die because of some purchasable weapons and if they go down some hypothetical road to killing the game, they have plenty of very loud and very dedicated fans to yell them back onto the right path.

Upvote 0
3 maps, 2 new perks, 1 reworked perk, 1 adjusted perk, 2 new characters, bunch of new weapons, tweaked a few existing weapons, sound improved audibly and technically, greater mod support... I'm beginning to lose count.

I'm beginning to flip out.

1381820738290.gif

Spoiler!

Upvote 0