• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Are You Ready To Beta?

Just going to interject here in the conversation for educational purposes. Not naming names but people really have some misconceptions about the katana.

The katana is not a small and light sword. It weighs almost the exact same as a european longsword, and is almost as long. The katana is slightly shorter, but it's still just as weighty because the spine of it's blade is thicker and it's length is curved.

For the same reason, the katana is not a subtle weapon. Nor is it in any way inherently faster than any other sword.

On topic discussion: I could see the Zweihander being a berserker weapon so long as it's being swung wildly for murder-zed-time as it probably will be. But then again, it's likely that every sword is swung wildly for murder zed time, but I haven't seen the martial artist perk yet, so I'm withholding that judgement.

A sword's use when the wielder is experienced looks quite different from what the uninitiated believes the sword to be useful for.

Upvote 0
Berserker will have bladed weapons also. The Zweihander is in-between tier 2 and 3 The pulverizer is still more powerful due to it's explosive attack. The reason for the beta is to make sure we don't break anything with this update. It's a huge update.

Indeed, back to chopping things, people. These guys aint gonna kill themselves ( besides Husks for some reason, maybe they are just lonely )

Upvote 0
Berserker will have bladed weapons also. The Zweihander is in-between tier 2 and 3 The pulverizer is still more powerful due to it's explosive attack. The reason for the beta is to make sure we don't break anything with this update. It's a huge update.

Was really hoping that the zweihander would've been an alternative to the evicerator for us more "primitive" players here who don't fancy that sawblade all so much. (The Zweihander is still a very welcome surprise.)

Well, here's hoping we get a Tier 4 Bearded Axe or something else along those lines in the distant future.

Upvote 0
With this update, I was going to bring a server with nfo servers online, and at least support one server of each difficulty.

Please tell me that it will be easy for servers to opt into the beta build of the game, as I will HAPPILY support KF2 by bringing the servers up as soon as the beta build is released.

I was planning on doing a massive "managed" virtual server with nfo servers, but I have no problem making it unmanaged if that means I can opt into beta and let the servers serve the beta community.

Thanks for your time and effort guys!

Upvote 0
Oh Tripwire...Will you ever cease to impress me? I certainly didn't think we would get so many things with the next update! I can almost taste it right now...

Glad about the change the eviscerator is getting! I don't know if it will be enough to justify it's use against the mighty pulverizer though!

As for the Chivalry/Killing Floor crossover...I'm surprised ,but hey, why not? The claymore wasn't really my favourite weapon in KF1 ,but I guess we can't spit on a new weapon! I'll be glad to try this new toy.

Upvote 0
9c0phn1.jpg

Upvote 0