• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Are You Ready To Beta?

Cross promotional content also existed in KF1 with both chars and weapons (DWARFS?! Axe any one?) but the ones that were game changing (Like the axe) and not just re-skins (like the tommy was for the LDS) were from FREE GAMES all you had to do was get a certain steam ach, so in all honesty, I think they'll follow that same method with the game changers (or at least I hope so)

Honestly if that's the case, I'd personally recommend talking with the team that does Relic Hunter Zero about a cross promotion for the Elite Pistol, which would be a 9mm replacement potentially, higher damage/accuracy longer reload time, that kinda thing, and the ach for that wouldn't be exactly easy to get (aka beating the game using only the elite pistol, not picking up any other weapons and not using checkpoints)

Upvote 0
I am mostly disappointed by the amount of advertising and promotional effort that is being put in during what is supposed to be an early alpha test version of a game. Seems like what was being done is refine the Red Orchestra marketing beta approach to be more suitable for bug fixing, but the pushing for publicity remained. I am not really okay with that.

I am excited for the new release, but have kept quiet, as I do not really care about the promotional stuff they do, just trying to ignore it. But when they push out testing content to non-testers (press and Youtubers), then it gets on my nerves, because that is done for marketing and sales, not for testing the product. If they write an article or release the information after the update has come out, that is different, but they released it before, so it is trying to generate hype for the "free content patch" release.

Tripwire is afraid of a negative backlash from those of us playing the game, a lot of entitled gamers just don't get that this is early access. Not to mention a lot less people have been playing KF2 (burnt out most likely) and so promoting the updates is a good idea for them. Promotions of this nature may seem gimmicky but it may also be what they need to bring back more players and bring in new ones. That is why they are overly testing everything and releasing it this way. They realize that some people will complain if the new patch has a bunch of bugs, even though this is early access, and so they are making it an optional beta. Again Tripwire is trying there best to please everyone and of course they end up offending about half as many. Most of the people who bought early access have been expecting a more finished game, and Tripwire doesn't want them to be disappointed, it is even the reasoning for all of their progress updates. As it is they are dealing with an impatient internet mob who all want the game created to suit them solely.

Upvote 0
Calm everyone!

Calm everyone!

I see alot of anger/stress due to ego/keybored warrior. it does not matter what anyone's opinion is: Stats, weapons, Updates, whatever! Just respect eachothers beliefs and treat eachother with respect you would give your friends and yourselfs for that matter! disdegard that last part if ure a socialpath :p

Upvote 0
its better to release it as official, than on beta thing.

another question: when we download the beta update, do i have to redownload it again, when it gets released or do i have to download it again for the official kf2 thing?

people complain when its not available RIGHT NOW, and then others complain when you give them the choice to wait or to have it right now.... I feel sorry for you TW!

Upvote 0
I brought my robe and wizard hat. Cat is in the cauldron and I carved Incinirate and Detonate backwards on my chest. I will spend rest of the time chanting beta, beta, beta in front of a mirror while lighting up my farts and popping bubble wraps.

Thats Genius! I was gonna sit here and drink tea while singing death metal variants of God save the Queen!

Upvote 0