• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - What Are We Up To?

I really hope an update, that makes the berzerker perk (can't speak for the other perks yet) more playable will come before new perks are added.

The berzerkers best stat trade by level, is melee damage that adds 1% pr. level. Half of the perk talents boosts melee weapons... So were are the melee weapons? The unsellable lawn-mover blade, that will lose any fight with anything stronger than a clot, is pretty useless. The starting crovel survival tool wont really do real damage to anything higher than a bloat. The only thing cool about this weapon is the crowbar end, and you can't even use it. You are left with the pulverizer. A big, heavy, slow, two-handed weapon, that on its own isn't very usefull. The only thing positive about it, is its alternate fire mode, but it will get you killed, if you dont get healed. You don't have enough health, resistance, speed or damage to go up against a scrake.

Then there's the katana. The good old katana... or is it? I dont know if the melee damage bonus apply's to this, because the berzerker dosn't gain xp for killing zed's with it.

I don't really like the ranged weapons the berzerker has. The nailgun stops being affective at anything higher than the husk, that needs a closeup headshot, and the Eviscerator, should stumble scrakes on headshot? I have never seen this happen, but the scrake will charge at you, and you will die.

In every way this perk sucks. Im running slower than my teammates. I deal less damage than my teammates and i level up slower than my teammates. This perk has taken the fun out of this game for me. I wish i had started as another perk.

I liked the berzerker in the original KF. I had all perks level 6, and enjoyed playing them, as they where pretty well balanced. Please fix this, so i can have my will to play back. I dont wanna play as berzerker, cause it sucks, and i dont want to start from scratch on another perk. Not now anyway.
http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Crovel_Survival_Tool

Upvote 0
You are left with the pulverizer. A big, heavy, slow, two-handed weapon, that on its own isn't very usefull. The only thing positive about it, is its alternate fire mode, but it will get you killed, if you dont get healed. You don't have enough health, resistance, speed or damage to go up against a scrake.

Then there's the katana. The good old katana... or is it? I dont know if the melee damage bonus apply's to this, because the berzerker dosn't gain xp for killing zed's with it.

Eviscerator, should stumble scrakes on headshot? I have never seen this happen, but the scrake will charge at you, and you will die.

Im running slower than my teammates.

I can kill a scrake fine with pulverizer, don't just swing swing. There's parry and alt fire to extend that stun.

As for Katana, as far as I'm aware. Bonus to damage only apply to Zerk weapons (same for commando and support only work for their own perk weapons, until it's patched)

Eviscerator, will stumble a scrake until it rages. At this point, only leg shot's would stumble it if I'm correct. (it has increased stumble resistance when raged)

You run slower...ok then... I don't know if i should take this post seriously anymore.

Zerk has a Effective Health problem, that's it. At 150 (or 175 since medic gets scaling armour) Zerk would be able to use all of his perk upgrades to 100% use, opposed to now where you need to be 1 hit from death (gorefast or 2 seconds on clot) to be able to use 100% of your upgrades.
You are just exaggerating the problem over the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=331&v=9yrFWgfEq3E Starts, 4:40
Here's a video to prove your "zerk is useless against sc" claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't have enough health, resistance, speed or damage to go up against a scrake.
In every way this perk sucks. Im running slower than my teammates. I deal less damage than my teammates and i level up slower than my teammates. This perk has taken the fun out of this game for me. I wish i had started as another perk.

If you can't parry scrake, then you're doing it wrong. You're just lacking skill. Master your parry, and you'll be safe enough to kill scrakes.

Upvote 0
If you can't parry scrake, then you're doing it wrong. You're just lacking skill. Master your parry, and you'll be safe enough to kill scrakes.

+1 Just played yesterday on suicidal setting on a full server (i.e 6 players) and guess what was on the top of kills? a berzerker, and a 100 kills ahead of the second (with not too much lvl difference), now, can this be considered being something unable to kill anything efficiently? I don't think so....
Like the others classes, you have to play it well to be efficient, if not, then something is wrong but mostly on your side, not the perk on it's own...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 Just played yesterday on suicidal setting on a full server (i.e 6 players) and guess what was on the top of kills? a berzerker, and a 100 kills ahead of the second (with not too much lvl difference), now, can this be considered being something unable to kill anything efficiently? I don't think so....
Like the others classes, you have to play it well to be efficient, if not, then something is wrong but mostly on your side, not the perk on it's own...

Agreed. Still though, it'd be nice once Zerk get's a HP buff so we can actually use any of the 3 upgrades that scales on hp. Having to play like we're made of glass isn't fun, even if it's not difficult once you know how.

Btw. The movement speed one. (Movment passive, only works while holding Melee weapon)
Base = 1
Base + Passive = 1.25
Base + Passive (below 20%) = 0.96
Base + passive + "Take cover" (below 20% hp) = 1.05 (weighed down by hammer only)

As you can tell, by having 100Hp this skill is pretty much useless. 0.09 movement more is almost non-existent. (Along with the fact, you'd be dead 95% of the time if something got you below 20 hp and you'd heal yourself 100% of the time, rendering this upgrade useless).

With all movement speed modifiers on Zerk.
You get 483 unit's a second (while sprinting at <20Hp)
Clot and Slash run at 500 unit's a second (running)

How did TW figure this upgrade was going to work? With it, using it as an escape we will still be caught if we slow down to heal then get 1 shotted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really hope an update, that makes the berzerker perk (can't speak for the other perks yet) more playable will come before new perks are added.

The berzerkers best stat trade by level, is melee damage that adds 1% pr. level. Half of the perk talents boosts melee weapons... So were are the melee weapons? The unsellable lawn-mover blade, that will lose any fight with anything stronger than a clot, is pretty useless. The starting crovel survival tool wont really do real damage to anything higher than a bloat. The only thing cool about this weapon is the crowbar end, and you can't even use it. You are left with the pulverizer. A big, heavy, slow, two-handed weapon, that on its ow

I don't really like the ranged weapons the berzerker has. The nailgun stops being affective at anything higher than the husk, that needs a closeup headshot, and the Eviscerator, should stumble scrakes on headshot? I have never seen this happen, but the scrake will charge at you, and you will die.

I liked the berzerker in the original KF. I had all perks level 6, and enjoyed playing them, as they where pretty well balanced. Please fix this, so i can have my will to play back. I dont wanna play as berzerker, cause it sucks, and i dont want to start from scratch on another perk. Not now anyway.
[URL="http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Crovel_Survival_Tool"n isn't very usefull. The only thing positive about it, is its alternate fire mode, but it will get you killed, if you dont get healed. You don't have enough health, resistance, speed or damage to go up against a scrake.
][/URL]

I don't think you should play the Berzerker anymore :)

Upvote 0
KF1 Trader NEEDS to be in kf2!!
I'll probably be burned alive for this but I honestly didn't really like her lol. I mean, it's not like i disliked her or anything but I'm totally fine with the change. I like the new accent/voice but we could do with some sort of cortana avatar type thing to associate with the voice. Maybe a hologram somewhere around the pod, idk. :eek:

Upvote 0
I believe Alan Wilson mentioned that on a stream. That KF1 trader is not coming back, because they would have to make additional room on the map for a trader. Or something like that.
"Since she lost her job to a machine, the former trader now has to earn her dosh with the really big guns in action!"
...problem solved

Upvote 0
the main issues with berserker is the fact that it has lowest overall survivability of all the classes despite the fact that it should have more due to it being a close range class;

with the flat 5% resist it gives zerker 105 hp and 105 armor at lv 25 (theoretically) yet commando gets 150/100 at 25, support can get 150/100 too, and medic can get 120/175
i dont have any problems with the other classes having more hp since the game is considerably harder than the last game but at least give berserker the survivability he needs, id say having like 30% all damage resistance and throw in like 25% fire resist would be fair, just cause husks are like impossible to kill as berserker without losing all your hp on anything above hard

Upvote 0