• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Total Biscuit (The Cynical Brit) - His Thoughts on KF 2 with a look at the boss!

Half the time I get grabbed I'm in the middle of attacking, so the Clot that grabs me gets a shotgun / eviscerator to the face the instant it happens and I can just continue doing what I was doing. I'm kind of getting used to the grabbing even if it is a bit off. I agree that something had to be done to make them slightly less cannon fodder material, whether this be the solution or not.

Upvote 0
The clot camera shifting grab is looking okay to me, but we'll see how it actually feels when I get my hands on EA (or beta, if the PCgamer giveaway works out). It feels more tense, and more threatening.

I've tried the BETA and it's a real nice feature. Couple that with the ZED time color desaturation (that actually improves your awareness) and we got two nice features that people were afraid would suck.

Upvote 0
The clot camera shifting grab is looking okay to me, but we'll see how it actually feels when I get my hands on EA (or beta, if the PCgamer giveaway works out). It feels more tense, and more threatening.

Its a pretty minor point considering all the good stuff in the game, but I think it can be implemented a bit smoother than it is now. Its like you aimbot snap to the clot rather than get pulled around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can I haz EA plz?

TWI, I love you. When it comes to the release date, my social life will end. Again.

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.png

Upvote 0
When TWI said they wanted to release an amazing, done-looking game for early-access, and patch in content rather than polish graphics and bug squash, they meant it. Game looks amazing and fun as **** already. I want to hop in and start shooting stuff. I don't have any complaints except "werr are de udder perks pls", but we have to wait unfortunately. All part of the process but still, I want to see gunslinger and firebastard.

Upvote 0
Hello I wanted to August zpaytac yesterday so I did not receive any news about the beta version of the key to the Killing Floor 2 . my friends got the keys already yesterday and I am waiting , and no notice. by reading other comments some have got for it with a number of hours in May and play the same five years , and I have so 2k hours and I should also probably in August . Psale longer posts but no one answered me .

Upvote 0
I have some questions regarding a few things that were said in these videos.

Bain mentioned "ridiculous requirements" and "little achievements" for leveling up perks, with particular reference to Demolitions perk level 3 to 4. There was only one requirement for that, and it was damage. Starting at 500,000 damage, and going to 1.5 million damage. Admittedly, it was a big jump from the previous level, but my question is, did he know what he was referring to when he said "I couldn't do the little achievements that it was asking me to do in order to level up", and was it simply the jump in damage from 100k-500k from perk 2 to 3, to 500k to 1.5m from perk level 3 to 4?

"So we keep all the passive abilities that we had in Killing Floor one, and then on top of that we've added the uh... skills"

While I agree that you've kept some of the passive abilities from the first game, some of the skills are merely skimmed from this same pool of passive abilities. For example:

• Combatant skill is merely skimmed from level 5 Field Medic getting a free kevlar vest, and the discount - albeit available earlier in the game
  • Strength perk is actually a downgrade from the support's original capacity to carry 24kg overall at level 6
  • Commando's tactical reload applies to perk weapons, when it used to apply to all weapons
  • Berserker's Fake Out at level 10 used to be inherent to being a berserker
There are other discrepancies, but those are the most obvious. My question is, when the developer in the video said that they kept "all" of the passive abilities, and then added the skills "on top of that", is that really an accurate depiction of what you've done so far?

John Gibson referred to the issue of killing stalkers in conjunction with the commando weapon damage, in the sense of it taking a long time to complete. I'm still at Commando 5 on KF1, after nearly 400 hours in-game. The difference I found, particularly on multiplayer, was that other players would simply kill the stalkers [as you'd expect when they're being attacked by one] and the opportunity arose less often for the commando to kill said stalkers. Despite this fact, I managed to hit 3,600 stalkers before I'd even completed 4 million damage with commando weapons. Question - why would it be so important to unpair the two, instead of balancing the two requirements with the other perks overall?

There was also a discussion in the same region of the video talking about allowing players to roll around the map with basically any weapon and still be effective, particularly at higher difficulty levels. Question - at which point does it cease to have meaning, to choose a perk? In the first game, you were required to pick a class, and effectively commit to it. In choosing a class, you got the benefits associated with it, alongside the inherent drawbacks of said class. It seems as though a lot of the benefits associated with picking a particular class now, have been watered down to suit players that want to be a jack-of-all-trades. In your opinion, is this what "co-op survival" is all about? I'm referring to, in particular, the co-operative part.

At about the 14 minute mark, John Gibson talks about the weapons in the first game and how they feel weaker as the difficulty level increases. In fact, he says something to the effect of "on normal, you can one-shot a clot to the head, but on hard and above you can shoot them five or six times". Question - did he even play this game on difficulties above hard? On suicidal and hell on earth difficulty, it's a two-shot to kill a clot in the head. Not five, not six, just two. One extra headshot. Besides, most players that play the game on hell on earth don't even bother headshotting clots in the first wave; they'll pick a berserker and knife, or if they do, they'll sharp and headshot in one. Let me preface this next question - I love the new attacks and moves on higher difficulties; it adds a new tier of required skill in order to survive, and that's great. However, the game is supposed to be difficult at higher difficulties, so what would be the issue with it taking an extra headshot to kill a basic enemy at the highest difficulty level?

At the 20 minute mark, TB called the developers on "we do weapons so much better" and said something to the tune of "the weapons in the first game were satisfying to use, packed a punch" etc and asked how they manage to improve on that. In the minutes beforehand, he'd said that as difficulty levels increased, [and I'm fairly close to what was actually said] "you hate the feeling that your guns just suck". Which sentiment is he trying to put forward? That the guns are great at basic difficulties, but suck at higher difficulties? I'm confused, since almost every weapon required merely one more headshot to kill low-to-mid level specimens at the highest difficulty than they did at the lowest difficulty. It's become rather obvious that TWI rewards accurate shooting - is TB saying, in effect, that the weapons aren't satisfying to use at higher difficulties, or is it an admission that he can't aim?

At the 23 minute mark, John Gibson claims that they [I'm paraphrasing here] thought KF1 melee weapons were "crap" and that they wanted to bring KF2's melee weapons on par with the guns. Okay, now I'm feeling the bile rise in my throat.

Any player that has played KF1 as a berserker will know that one of the most effective weapons in the entire game, hard level down, is the katana. You can kill anything with it, no ammo needed, extremely fast rate of attack, and you can flinchlock a scrake indefinitely from approximately perk level 3 from memory. I could be wrong on the last part by a perk level. The claymore allowed headshotting scrakes to result in a stun, and any weapon with a decent range [pretty much anything besides the machete and knife] you could hit a fleshpound with, withdraw, break line of sight, and repeat without any use of ammo or enraging it.

So far in-game, the pulverizer is sadly underpowered, lacking the capacity to kill a gorefast in 2 shots to the body. On hard difficulty. Yet in KF1, I just tested that on hard difficulty, you can kill a gorefast with one bodyshot with the fire axe that you spawn with. My question is - are you joking here? Are you honestly expecting consumers to believe that this class was underbaked last time in, and is now "in line" with the guns in terms of firepower? It is blatantly obvious that if you thought the melee weapons were underwhelming last time around, you'd have to be a minimum of 95% blind to think that they got any more love in this iteration of Killing Floor. The most effective weapon, for the price, is the starting crovel, as it has a particularly high rate of attack, can dispatch basic zeds in two shots most of the time, and doesn't cost 1100 dosh for little benefit. Melee weapons need a rethink if your sentiments in this video are still current.

From the point that TB started talking about berserkers in KF1 being "stammy", slowed down by clots etc. around the 26 minute mark, and shooting the scrake full-auto with a SCAR, I really started to wonder if he'd played this game for more than about a week, or had even the most basic understanding of how you approach the scrake kill in these games, particularly in a co-operative sense. Last question, since I started to lose interest in his thoughts on the game at about this point - how many in-game hours has TB actually had in Killing Floor? Additionally, are the developers aware of how poor an understanding this guy has of your games? Surely you must be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0