• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Full Match - 60 FPS Capture!

Oooh, the change of the welding tool to a cryogenic device suddenly makes sense; that's a pretty clever way to stick a weld integrity bar right on the door (in neon blue, no less) and have it easy to read.

Do I see a bloat covering its face in response to taking headshots at one point? If so, that is awesome! More reactive zeds, more challenge for the players, I like it! Looks like either way bloats' head health was balanced so they aren't total pushovers any more?

Considering the Berzerker has not only the sawblade launcher but also the Nailgun now, I think I'm with other people in assuming the class was split into the new dragon perk. So Berzerker now is both a melee AND ranged perk, whose only real defining features are brutality and home-made/improvised weaponry? I can live with that. Is the EMP grenade for stunning large Zeds? Looked like it paralyzed the Scrake at one point.

Upvote 0
a question for the devs - Bill mentioned that player who put several hundred hours into KF2 (which will happen ofc, can't wait), will receive something for their "sacrifice". Will the EA hours count towards that? I get that the progress will be reset, but still, it would be nice if you'd do that.

The game is fckn glorious and astonishing. The PCGamer review video did not show off the game very well, but this 60FPS content...I am breathless.

On the other hand, as the others mentioned, the player health bars are too excessive. I think it is quite big and that blue colour for the armor is just too outstanding from the whole picture. As far as the running animations go? I am happy with those as well. Just let me play it already!

All the best to you guys!

Upvote 0
The only problems I have with it right now are that the SCAR-H seemed to hold 30 rounds in a 20 round magazine, though this could just be some kind of skill or something, and that there were only 3 or 4 assault rifles (please tell me they had it that way just because they didn't want to reveal all the weapons yet).

Upvote 0
and that there were only 3 or 4 assault rifles (please tell me they had it that way just because they didn't want to reveal all the weapons yet).

It is entirely possible that the game will launch with only a handful of available weapons per perk. Consider how many weapons KF1 had in its early days and how many were added in over time.

There is a fair amount of time and effort needed for each weapon, after all. Even when they know exactly what weapon they want to add, there's all of the modelling and animating (with mo-cap sessions) and sfx and internal playtesting...

Upvote 0
No there's definitely something wrong with some of the running animations.
I like the momentum they seem to have but they need to do something to tweak them. I don't know what though.

I'd say slow the arms. How far they wobble it isn't off much, but you don't wanna burn off so much energy wildly flailing your arms. Move them in tandem with your legs.

Upvote 0
It is entirely possible that the game will launch with only a handful of available weapons per perk. Consider how many weapons KF1 had in its early days and how many were added in over time.

There is a fair amount of time and effort needed for each weapon, after all. Even when they know exactly what weapon they want to add, there's all of the modelling and animating (with mo-cap sessions) and sfx and internal playtesting...

Just remember there are a lot of weapons we seen in trailers and images that we didn't see in those gameplays. For example, the mo-cap footage shows a P90, pictures from the mo-cap time shows an M60 LMG and other weapons like the upgrade able medic gun have already been confirmed.

Upvote 0
[Feedback]

Visuals
Oh boy the game looks amazing! Zeds are way more intimidating than in KF. That moment at 08:23 when this huge pile of Zeds pushes in the door really shows how far the game has come.
The combination of the new textures, animations and espeically the Zed's sound effects is really impressive and a massive improvement over what KF has to offer.

Map design
It's only one map but it looks like they stick to the latest KF map's design philosophy and one-entrance-camping spots are gone for good. Good job!

Weapon sounds
I'm not sure whether they have been done properly at the time of this video or perhaps I am just the wrong person to appreciate them but weapon fire sounds awful.

• There are no (noticable) impact sounds unless the player is really close. Especially the headshot crack is gone which was not only satisfying to hear but also very important for aim feedback.
  • Explosion sound is not impressive with one exception: That explosive melee weapon really hits home.
  • Reload soundeffects are fine but took a step into the background when compared to KF.
  • Autofire sounds like a toy clattering it's loose parts somewhere in the distance. This makes all the shown commando weapons feel very weak when actually they just tear through any kind of Zed with mostly uncontrolled bodyshots in the video. I don't want to dramatise, but as someone who loves to wreck stuff with dual handcannons in KF or got used to the old SCAR sounds this one is a real deal-breaker.
  • Voice commands and character chatter will fortunately be in KF2 but they miss the charm of KF. I didn't notice any more in-your-face-pal accents and the hostility is appears to be gone. Apparently our characters form a role-model team now...

Sprint animation
It's just... ugh. Why!? D:
Bad acting action heroes have stopped leaping/running away from explosions like this years ago so why did you have to bring it back for the trader rush? Add some slow motion at least and last player on the trader forcefully suicides or something else to justify the drama. ...Speaking of which:

Trader

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a little too SciFi? The shop, the interface, the trader path they all look decent in their own right but do they really fit the aesthetics of KF?

Wow, you have almost summarized my complains. The only thing I'd like to add is that the gore/dismemberment seems to be toned down from what I've seen on the earlier trailers...

ps.: and of course I'm dissapointed that the corpses didn't even stay for a whole wave (it looks stupid all that blood just there without corpses) :'(

pps.: about the gun sounds, now I'm affraid that we're getting the same lame sounds/sound system that is present in Red ORchestra 2 where every sound looks like was recorded from inside a pillow :(

- sprint animations is not placeholder actually no animations are placeholder that you see and I consider them done and polished. That's not to say the style of them couldn't be redone or improved.

Oh boy!

KF2 on PS2 would be a Dreamcast..:D

Fixd ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just remember there are a lot of weapons we seen in trailers and images that we didn't see in those gameplays. For example, the mo-cap footage shows a P90, pictures from the mo-cap time shows an M60 LMG and other weapons like the upgrade able medic gun have already been confirmed.

That's true. It's not certain that those weapons will be available immediately but since they're already working on them, I'm sure they'll be in at some point during the Early Access period.

Although at this point I'm more anxious about how often they will "unlock" more perks (during Early Access, I mean) than getting in a large selection of weapons. :D

Since we've seen the PC Gamer folks use a flamethrower at one point, will that mean we'll get to use Firebug as soon as EA starts, or are they just going to give us four or five perks but let us fool around with whatever weapons they have ready off-perk, I wonder?

Upvote 0
I have to say, I expected a bit more customization in the weapon department. Being able to choose my own sights for instance would have been great.

I suppose my grip with the (in the video) shown lack of weapons is somewhat pathetic, but I'm one for having an arsenal of weapons I can pick from to shoot zeds with. As another poster has mentioned, other guns have been seen in other videos but they seem to be missing from the gameplay footage we saw.

Any other gripes I may have from watching the gameplay have been mentioned by other posters (lack of oomph in weapon sounds, lack of humor, scifi trader pod instead of our fave British lass giving us backchat etc).

I'm aware this is still in development, and most of what we see will be tweaked and/or changed upon release. I've watched a lot of games that I've played release subpar sequels that detracted in quality from their prequels, so I'm weary of it happening here. But I'm just some gaming addict chump in bumshag nowhere, Australia... so my opinion is just a drop in the ocean :)

I look forward to seeing an Early Access release or perhaps an open beta so the masses can give it a red hot go. :)

Upvote 0