• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Official Game Soundtrack Announced!

Could you guys possibly sell the album over steam at all?
Doubt it's possible prior KF2 early access release.
All music being sold on steam is technically DLCs for their respectful games. They even carry the silly requirement of owning the base game in order to "be able to play". Valve kinda wants to sell music, but too busy with other things to do it right.
So no KF2 ost on steam before KF2 is released.

Upvote 0
Black Sabbath are/were Christian, and theology and mythology are amongst the most popular sources of inspiration for metal bands.
That maybe true but at lease we can under stand the lyrics unlike a lot thrash metal they pick

Zynthetic, Rocky Gray it ok but still not cup of tea as I don't like metalcore sound type nor with hard vocals nor fast talking B.S. that in Impending Doom, Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice.

Here my idea of good music
1. Veteran Of The Psychic Wars, Blue Oyster Cult
2. Reach Out, Cheap Trick
3. Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride), Don Felder
4. Crazy, Nazareth
5. Radar Rider, Riggs
6. I Must Be Dreamin', Cheap Trick
7. The Mob Rules, Black Sabbath
8. All Of You, Don Felder
9. Prefabricated, Trust

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That maybe true but at lease we can under stand the lyrics unlike a lot thrash metal they pick

Zynthetic, Rocky Gray it ok but still not cup of tea as I don't like metalcore sound type nor with hard vocals nor fast talking B.S. that in Impending Doom, Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice.

If you listen to "proper" death metal, you're a fool if you're hoping to understand the lyrics (a lot of deathcore/metalcore bands try and fail to get the death metal sound, so it just sounds ragged and angry as opposed to brutish and evil). Listen to something like Cannibal Corpse, Devourment, or Dying Fetus, as opposed to the previously mentioned metalcore/deathcore, you will have even less chance of understanding the vocals.

You're judging metal subgenres based on how they match up to stuff like rock and hard rock. But they don't — by design, they don't. A lot of rock music holds the vocals up high, and it's important that they're understood, hence why they're sung. But it's kind of the opposite with extreme metal, they're treated as a form of flavouring. With death metal as an example, low gutturals create some kind of ambience, as if they're just another instrument.

And cleaner-sounding hard rock bands just don't really fit KF. I could be really super into Lounge music and enjoy listening to it whilst playing but there's no "feelings" involved in that music that match neither KF's gameplay or aesthetic. Not all metal genres will work either - Doom metal is generally far too slow-paced, and Power Metal is too uplifting and fantastical for KF2's grotesque images.

KF2 is an action-packed gore-fest body-horror rollercoaster ride with a sprinkling of science fiction.

Industrial metal is one possible great fit. You got heavy detuned guitars, heavy drumming/bass, and a sprinkling of electronic elements. That invokes images of action, badassery, explosions, darkness, and technology. Thanks, zYnthetic.

I still woulda liked to have seen some sludgey gut-wrenching mindless goregrind, but I think that woulda gained the game negative reviews from the mainstream.

Upvote 0
As a metal elitist, I can't help but find myself agreeing with Gibby here. The sort of music KF is using is metalcore/deathcore along with some industrial. I don't really consider any of those genres to be "true" metal genres, but rather more closely related to hardcore punk. Not that there's anything wrong with that (though it doesn't appeal to me at all), but I wouldn't call it metal while the other bands Gibby mentioned are true death metal bands.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of traditional death metal, which is why I much prefer melodic death metal with Kalmah probably being my favorite band in the subgenre. I'm also a big fan of power metal but I agree that it wouldn't suit KF2 at all because it's just not a "brutal" subgenre at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here my idea of good music
1. Veteran Of The Psychic Wars, Blue Oyster Cult
2. Reach Out, Cheap Trick
3. Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride), Don Felder
4. Crazy, Nazareth
5. Radar Rider, Riggs
6. I Must Be Dreamin', Cheap Trick
7. The Mob Rules, Black Sabbath
8. All Of You, Don Felder
9. Prefabricated, Trust
Saw that movie in the theater when it was first released.:)

Upvote 0
As a metal elitist, I can't help but find myself agreeing with Gibby here. The sort of music KF is using is metalcore/deathcore along with some industrial. I don't really consider any of those genres to be "true" metal genres, but rather more closely related to hardcore punk. Not that there's anything wrong with that (though it doesn't appeal to me at all), but I wouldn't call it metal while the other bands Gibby mentioned are true death metal bands.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of traditional death metal, which is why I much prefer melodic death metal with Kalmah probably being my favorite band in the subgenre. I'm also a big fan of power metal but I agree that it wouldn't suit KF2 at all because it's just not a "brutal" subgenre at all.
Yup one could call it Hardcore Punk which start out as Punk Rock (I like PoP Punk better) any way in my days back in the 80's we called it Trash (Thrash) Music "Like the Band Black Flag" as it didn't appeal to me at all back then after I saw them when I was living in Calif.

Upvote 0
Listen to something like Cannibal Corpse, Devourment, or Dying Fetus, as opposed to the previously mentioned metalcore/deathcore, you will have even less chance of understanding the vocals.

I have no problem understanding Cannibal Corpse lyrics..

Personally i would have liked something in the style of Eisregen or maybe windir
but i agree, more folky/pagan stuff like equilibrium would not fit at all.

Upvote 0
Any particular reason why it's Christian-based metal bands? Seems kind of odd considering cloned genocide...

I'm a Christian, and I used to play in Christian metal bands, including Dirge. So I do listen to a lot of Christian metal, and picked a lot of the music. That wasn't the primary reason for the music choices though. I spent the past couple years just listening to everything in my music catalog and picking songs that I thought would feel good to slay zeds to. With the metal, I didn't want anything too melodic, as I thought it would be too distracting. A ton of really fast stuff didn't feel right, as it gets to where it overpowers the gameplay audio. So I settled on a lot of chunky, heavy, pausy, dissonant, scary metal for the metal songs. With that criteria in mind I picked bands that I thought fit that mold, and a lot of them happened to be Christian bands.

I also have a lot of friends in bands from my metal band days, so when I chatted with guys like Rocky Gray (Evanescense and Living Sacrifice) and Bruce Fitzhugh (Living Sacrifice) they said they wanted to try and write some original songs for the game. So I said "sure give it a shot" and they wrote some really killer stuff.

When it comes to music I listen to or guys I pick for the soundtrack, I don't go "hey I wonder what their faith is." If their music is killer and they're cool to work with (or their label is cool to work with), they made it in.

Upvote 0
I'm a big death metal fan and I was skeptical when I found out all of the licensed music are from christian metal bands but I think it turned out great! I'm not really a fan of the deathcore style vocals of demon hunter, but I fully enjoy all the other songs, and the instrumental versions of demon hunters songs are great and fit in really well to the game, so no real issue there. I'm sure not many people turn on the vocals anyways :p.

Are you guys thinking about adding in anymore music later? It would be really cool to see a new track or two introduced with every content update and used in the trailer for the update or something like that. I'd love some more of the intense tracks like infectious cadaver from KF1, that got me so pumped, by far the most intense track. Some groove/thrash type songs would be great too, to break up the brutality with some real bad *** steady groove or some upbeat thrash.

It would also be really cool if you could add in a soundtrack customizer in game, or just the ability to skip between the tracks mid game.

Upvote 0