• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Swat level 5 skill buffs

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Tactical Movement:
    It's bonus should be escalated to have no movement penalty with using any weapon... Means perk and off-perk weapons.
    As there's so many instances of losing the flow when you have to use syringe (because for some reason it doesn't classify as swat's "weapon") or using med pistol or some other off-perk weapon while crouching, getting yourself slowed down to stand still and getting smacked by something big.

Bonus additional buff: Crouching grants ~35% chance of dodging oncoming damage.
    Logic: i mean while crouching you become a fast gopnik.... i mean small target, so it would make sense if zeds were not able to hit you every once in a while.

Heavy Armor Training:
    Just straight Armor durability increase of 35-50% (pick your number).

Since Swat has a bit of specialization towards armor.... His armor skills in a long run end up being mediocre against their counterparts.
    So with an armor durability increase, he could actually fulfill his role as a Swat to Really be able to get in there and do more damage to zeds while also being a pseudo-tank... until his armor runs dry.
    + helps low level players with surviving for a bit longer.

An armor buff makes sense, at least it could act as a tank like the medic does. I've seen some playerals complain about how useless SWAT is. I play SWAT only when I'm tired of other perks, because I think that it is not particularly good at anything and I do fine playing like that, but for less experienced players a little more help at level 5 coul make sense. IDK, to me SWAT feels like a worse version of the commando. I always thought that the fact it uses SMGs should translate into lots and lots of bullets and low damage per hit, making it a perk that allows players to take care of small zeds without worrying too much about running out of ammo. But I don't know if that could ruin the game in some way.

Upvote 0
    What somewhat bothers me is that the swat perk is the only one in kf2 that has any sort of spawn bonus. Like he gets extra armor on the first wave he is picked, or an extra 9mm pistol. This isn't a problem considering kf1 also had this and it didn't break the game, but in there, every perk had an ability that gave them something extra. It feels like just spawning in with a swat for the first wave gives you an advantage because you can sell the extra 9mm and have armor to start the next wave with if you perk swap for it. It just doesn't make sense. If he's the only one that has it, it gives him a sort of niche that can be very valuable, but that you still might not want to exploit because you don't want to play swat. Either give every class some sort of a start buff ability as an option or remove it completely. Swat feels very powerful by the way. I don't see him as being a worse commando, in fact he seems like a better commando. His weapons are incredibly fast, he can carry several of them and he is just the best perk for clearing clots right now, not to mention that his grenades aren't a rudimentary damage dealer but something that offers incredible utility when taking out large targets. A single swat can take out just about anything while on the move and the fact that he is made to be the tankiest perk after berserker and medic is just funny.

Upvote 0
    Truth be told, I think the SWAT is one of the perks that needs the LEAST changes skill-wise.

A lot of his abilities are quite solid. Including the ones you're speaking of. I think other perks should get buffed instead.

What the SWAT needs most are new weapons... Hopefully that feels truly different from what he already has. Most of them feels very similar, except for a difference in RoF and magazine sizes.

Upvote 0
    Aleflippy;n2334249 said:
    Truth be told, I think the SWAT is one of the perks that needs the LEAST changes skill-wise.

A lot of his abilities are quite solid. Including the ones you're speaking of. I think other perks should get buffed instead.

What the SWAT needs most are new weapons... Hopefully that feels truly different from what he already has. Most of them feels very similar, except for a difference in RoF and magazine sizes.

A pp19 bizon in 9x18 that deals low dps but constantly shoots down weak zeds could be useful

Upvote 0
    Maybe, but i suggest buffs that would give swat a bit of a character and define the role.

Since swat is basically a branch of kf1's medic but without any durability buffs, and since he has relatively to other perks low dmg guns (especially at low levels) he could compensate by being a passive tank.

We have bers that is the only active tank in the game and swat could fill that role by being a passive one until his armor depletes.
    Would also make him a bit more viable option in boss fight, especially with the new revised battering ram skill.

And guns... I mean most of them will be similar so that's difficult to avoid.... I did suggest sr-3m vikhr in the past (before sub forum got lost) that could rival vector for the spot at t4 or even t5, with added bonus to be able to do more damage through armor, because of AP rounds. (since a good chunk of zeds have either a body armor or block their face with their metal weapon... + dars)

I mean the gun is technically a compact assault rifle that uses 9x39, and its kind of in a blurry line in size that swat would have no prob using it.
    (And also makes sense as a crossperk weapon because of its category)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0