• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing floor 1 maps

A: some of the are ported in the workshop, so you can play them.

B: kf1 maps do not fit the speed of the 2nd game.
kf1 maps are way too tight, that you have barely or none room at all to manuver around them to not get killed (except for mega large maps like farm, mountain pass or foundry? Can't remember its name but its like a factory. Freight yard is large, but its complete arse to try and survive on the floor because of how many zeds spawn around at once, so only semi viable option ends up being top of the crates)

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
An unpopular opinion, but i feel like if we do see KF1 maps from Tripwire, it should be an "after the end" scenario rather than just "Old maps with a new coat of paint" (KF1 manor would probably just be high res textures rather than a new aesthetic. I think the following maps could work:

Biotics Lab Classic: Art assets from KF2 biotics lab super-imposed onto KF1's map layout
KF-Offices: Newer computers, building refurnished and clean of blood (only to be covered in blood by the player).
West London: Now a military base run by Kevin Clamely. Patriarch replaces the Trader
KF-Farm: Dead cows replaced with Husk containers, all non-residential buildings renovated by Horzine, Patriarch replaces the Trader
Clamely Manor: New textures and models. Dunno how you'd do an "After the end" scenario for Manor.
Evil Santa's Lair: Yes, i know it's not a Core Map in KF1, though i think it's worth including due to being the OG KF1 event map. I imagine some art assets from Biotics Lab and Containment Station would be used, albeit with Christmas zeds stuffed in containers

Last edited:
Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0