• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will we see any new perks in the future?

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
Title. I like most of the perks in KF2, but I was wondering if eventually we would see perk 11+? I know this year is all about cleanup but like 2020 if KF2 is still being supported, it would be cool to see some new perks to play around with, maybe something with a unique twist,

Like bring in the cut dragon perk focused on Crossbows, bows, blades and debuffing enemies

Or a perk with modular guns that can change how their guns behave (I honestly thought medic was gunna be like this) where you have a base gun(s) with different add ons like barrel mods, ammo types, receiver behaviors, ect. and you 'build' a gun (base gun costs 300, the next attachment branch goes from 950 to 650 dosh for T2, T3 attachment branch costs 450...)

Or maybe a chemical trooper that has skill choices affect what the gas does to zeds or the enviroment

Or a trapper that can buy placable traps/utility items like shootable explosives/thermite containers, mines, barbwire, beartraps, motion trackers, ect

or make the survivalist more focused on cryo weapons and crowd control

Just some thoughts

Sorry for the response but like.... Meh.

Existing perks need some redo.
Gunslinger is one dimensional. Half of his skill tree needs a redo.

Sharpshooter needs higher dmg boost to be able to do his Fukhen role reliably, without babies crying that he's too OP.

Battle medic is a pseudo gas perk in itself, but everyone just thinking about him being a pocket, instead of letting him do his own thing.

surv ye ok.

Support and swat need money earning QoL, and ffs support's wielding passive has to work with dead doors so they would repair much faster and make doors viable.

mando is becoming weaker again with all the other perks getting buffs.

Like yoshi said, they most likely won't work on new perks in this game, but focus them on another sequel.
Where bers is a true tank, while martial art. would fast melee boi.

Upvote 0
I think TWI has at least said that Survivalist is gonna remain a jack-of-all-trades kind of perk. Dunno if they want/will add more perks, but I can see 2 perks that ought to be unique enough for serious consideration:

Urban Ninja (TWI's official name for the "Dragon" / "Martial Artist" perk) - Make it a more "glasscannon" version of Berserker, with focus on mediumrange weaponry. As you said; Crossbows and bows, but also stuff like throwring blades, bladed whips (Kusarigama, aka sickle-and-chain?), naginata and other stuff with some decent reach. Could get the Katana too? Basicly, if the Berserker is the Brute Warrior, the Urban Ninja would be the sneaky/agile Assassin for contrast.In gameplay I guess it would feel like a hybrid of Berserker and Sharpshooter.

Scientist - Take away the Freezethrower and Killerwatt from the Survivalist (and make the Survivalist a TRUE jack-of-all-trades, with no specific weapons for it).Give those weapons to the Scientist (along with various other hi-tech weaponry), which couldbe a perk focused on various incapacitations, damage amplifications and other various debuffs. An offensive support-based perk (as opposed to the defensive support of Medic).

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Aze;n2333155 said:
I think TWI has at least said that Survivalist is gonna remain a jack-of-all-trades kind of perk. Dunno if they want/will add more perks, but I can see 2 perks that ought to be unique enough for serious consideration:

Urban Ninja (TWI's official name for the "Dragon" / "Martial Artist" perk) - Make it a more "glasscannon" version of Berserker, with focus on mediumrange weaponry. As you said; Crossbows and bows, but also stuff like throwring blades, bladed whips (Kusarigama, aka sickle-and-chain?), naginata and other stuff with some decent reach. Could get the Katana too? Basicly, if the Berserker is the Brute Warrior, the Urban Ninja would be the sneaky/agile Assassin for contrast.In gameplay I guess it would feel like a hybrid of Berserker and Sharpshooter.

Scientist - Take away the Freezethrower and Killerwatt from the Survivalist (and make the Survivalist a TRUE jack-of-all-trades, with no specific weapons for it).Give those weapons to the Scientist (along with various other hi-tech weaponry), which couldbe a perk focused on various incapacitations, damage amplifications and other various debuffs. An offensive support-based perk (as opposed to the defensive support of Medic).

Ditto. You just said what I always claim whenever someone mention extra perks.

Then again, as s5yn3t said : existing perks could already receive quite a lot of tweaks. And addons... Honestly, wouldn't it be great to have a third skill tree for each perk?

Reactions: nukemdukem3d
Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333187 said:
Ditto. You just said what I always claim whenever someone mention extra perks.

Then again, as s5yn3t said : existing perks could already receive quite a lot of tweaks. And addons... Honestly, wouldn't it be great to have a third skill tree for each perk?

One shouldn't be too afraid of adding new things, just cuz old things need tweaking. It's not like they are mutually exclusive :)

However, a third skill tree for each perk? I dunno, I'm not instantly opposed to the idea, but considering the difficulty TWI seem to have to balance the current 2 skillchoices for each tier, I think a third option would a bit too difficult. Imo, the effort thinking of a "third choice" is better spent on first refining the current ones and/or coming up with new ideas for new perks.

Upvote 0
Aze;n2333199 said:
One shouldn't be too afraid of adding new things, just cuz old things need tweaking. It's not like they are mutually exclusive :)

However, a third skill tree for each perk? I dunno, I'm not instantly opposed to the idea, but considering the difficulty TWI seem to have to balance the current 2 skillchoices for each tier, I think a third option would a bit too difficult. Imo, the effort thinking of a "third choice" is better spent on first refining the current ones and/or coming up with new ideas for new perks.

True and true. But having both new perks and refining the existing ones have a cost in time and resources... That they may not have. Some changes have been requested literally for YEARS now. So I'd rather have them focus on improving the existing perks first.

As for the third skill tree... It is mostly because I believe having merely ten skills is a bit...too little. Of course, KF2 has never pretended to be a RPG. Still, we end up using the same skills most of the time, which is a damn shame.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333247 said:
As for the third skill tree... It is mostly because I believe having merely ten skills is a bit...too little. Of course, KF2 has never pretended to be a RPG. Still, we end up using the same skills most of the time, which is a damn shame.

I'd personally love more options if we don't get more perks, maybe a utility tree or something for slot 3

Also I hate that in games, where you need to pick certain options because it's meta and everyone and their grandmother uses it. That's why I never picked skills like hollowpoint rounds just out of spite, it's just a boring option.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0