• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MK23's for Gunslinger ?

s5yn3t;n2333102 said:
As much as i want mk23, it will be basically a m1911 with a higher mag size because both use same .45 acp

Now if we had colt delta elite that uses 10mm instead of the standard 1911, then mk23 would make a lot of sense to be included.
​​​​

Pretty much.

However, we're in dire need of a new weapon for the gunslinger. It's been a while.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333118 said:
Pretty much.

However, we're in dire need of a new weapon for the gunslinger. It's been a while.

And unpopular opinion of half of the skill tree to get a rework.
As imo rn, gunslinger is the most boring class to play as the setup is always the same, the gun choice is also the same.... Just too good that overshadows other big zed killing perks.

Upvote 0
I still think the best way to balance MK23s for KF2 would be to give it to Berserker and give it the same penetration as the .500 Magnum. I can see it being a solid T3 pick since you'd be talking about a high penetration hitscan that benefits from Vampire, Smash and Spartan. Heck, i can still see them being powerful even if they only dealt 40 damage vs. the 1911's 50.

I think one thing that CAN be agreed upon however is that if we ever do see the Mk23, the Gunslinger should be an afterthought rather than the main focus of the weapon.

Aleflippy;n2333118 said:
Pretty much.

Regarding new weapons, maybe we could have a thread for possible Tier 5 guns?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2333124 said:
And unpopular opinion of half of the skill tree to get a rework.
As imo rn, gunslinger is the most boring class to play as the setup is always the same, the gun choice is also the same.... Just too good that overshadows other big zed killing perks.

SWAT send its regards. Every SMGs feels the same...Besides maybe the thompson, which is very enjoyable but not very efficient. Not to mention that you barely change your skills as well : I only take the extra 9mm and armor when I spawn.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333184 said:
SWAT send its regards. Every SMGs feels the same...Besides maybe the thompson, which is very enjoyable but not very efficient. Not to mention that you barely change your skills as well : I only take the extra 9mm and armor when I spawn.

True.
Swat's armor skills would be more viable if they had increased durability and if chosen both, would grant same or similar level of tankiness as lvl6 medic in kf1.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2333102 said:
As much as i want mk23, it will be basically a m1911 with a higher mag size because both use same .45 acp

Now if we had colt delta elite that uses 10mm instead of the standard 1911, then mk23 would make a lot of sense to be included.
​​​​
Just because a weapon is essentially another weapon but better in most every way isn't really a reason not to include it. If that were the case, SWAT wouldn't have the MP7 or MP5 because the P90 is just them but better in every conceivable way except price and weight.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think back when they were having a poll to determine which popular classic KF1 weapon to bring back they said they were going to bring everything on that list back eventually and the Mk23 was on that list.

Also, just because it would have the same damage (or higher, equivalent to 1911(s) with one upgrade) and larger magazines doesn't mean it can't be balanced in other ways. Like price and weight, primarily. 600D a piece or 1,200 for a pair, like the M16/203, and 4 blocks for one or 8 blocks for a pair. And that's before upgrades. (Assuming one block per pistol per upgrade, for two upgrades, that'd be up to +4 for a total of 12 blocks akimbo. Yikes!)

Heavy enough that you have to really commit to it, especially akimbo, but it's rewarding: Gunslinger's highest ammo weapon, both in clip size and max ammo, as well as incredibly solid overall performance. Not as much raw damage as the DEagle(s), so it isn't as good for big zeds, but a bigger magazine, more ammo and better accuracy/recoil. Overall a better, more efficient trash/medium zed clearer than the DEagle(s), especially since we no longer have the old 9mm with hundreds of rounds of essentially free trash plinking. Also, just because the Mk23(s) has/have bigger magazines doesn't mean that they won't have longer (but much cooler looking) reloads, just like they did in KF1.

So the 1911 would still be lighter, cheaper and snappier, compared to the Mk23. Y'know, just like in real life come to think of it.

Upvote 0