• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Field Medic: Extra Dosh per Heal as a passive

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    While i understand that the Medic's job is to heal, the way dosh is currently rewarded favours heavily towards who has the biggest body count, whereas the maximum bounty for a single medic dart is the equivalent of killing a Clot. From my personal experience, the way Dosh is currently distributed would push Medics towards a more aggressive playstyle to the detriment to his teammates. Rather than doing that, maybe this would be a good solution to battle medics?

Extra Dosh per Heal: +$2 + ($1 every 5 levels)

Pretty much, healing will give you more dosh simply by playing as a Medic, and increasing your level improves the reward for healing, so you'd be looking at numbers like these.
    LevelSingular Medic DartFull Battery (HMTECH101)Full Battery (HMTECH401)
    Off-Perk81624

I think this could help a good medic make as much money as the top-scoring Zed Slayer. On top of this, this also makes situations where $1 rewards for healing just don't happen at all, as the minimum reward for healing a player as a Level 25 Medic would give the same amount of dosh as the maximum reward for off-perk healing.

I find the Medic is just fine if you actually do what the perk is meant for, healing teammates.
    Those who purely use it as a crutch need to GTFO because they are handicapping their team twofold in that;
    a/ they're not helping the team stay alive and
    b/ it often forces another player or more to either switch perk or change their loadout to compensate

Upvote 0
    Sarcy;n2332639 said:
    I find the Medic is just fine if you actually do what the perk is meant for, healing teammates.

That's exactly why I think he needs to have a passive that increases the amount of dosh he gets from healing. As i have pointed out earlier, the pitiful rewards you get when doing so encourages a more aggressive playstyle that will likely get your teammates killed.

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2332640 said:
    That's exactly why I think he needs to have a passive that increases the amount of dosh he gets from healing. As i have pointed out earlier, the pitiful rewards you get when doing so encourages a more aggressive playstyle that will likely get your teammates killed.

Only that the way medic has to level up already encourages a more aggressive style that prioritizes yourself over the teammates.
    (I have a dejavu with this topic)

​​​​​​So your suggestion basically incentives a battle medic to at least stay a bit closer to his teammates to share heals, for him to get more dosh quicker to upgrade smg and shotty way sooner and go all guns blazing... And at late waves give 2 ducks about healing anyone.
    ​​​​​​
    Or ofc gain more money on hoe to later share with teammates when you're max level med.

​​​​​​Tbh i would also rework the way medic gains xp from heals.
    It better if he received a clot's hoe worth o xp per 20hp healed, or to gain xp per 1 hp healed to Really give incentive for a rising up medic to heal his teammates and also earn more money by doing that rather than going solo into a hot zone and racking up all the kills himself.
    ​​​​​

Upvote 0
    As a true healing medic, i welcome the ability to get my best healing weapons as soon as possible. It definitely would make me a better medic. But since this wouldn't deter battle medics from ignoring their healing duties, perhaps this wouldn't be best solution.

I have another idea. If you want to give players a better incentive to heal more as medics, then maybe you should make healing more fun. How? How about adding some interesting special effects to the healing process; the sort of visual rewards that give players that dopamine hit, like what you experience every time you bust a melon with a head shot or score an achievement popup. Skinner box psychology is the foundation of successful gaming mechanics.

Upvote 0