• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic buffs need indicators

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I'm talking about the more damage, faster movement speed, and damage resistance you get from the medic healing. The only way I can tell I'm getting any of these buffs is the obvious movement speed. It would be nice if there is little circles next to your health numbers that filled up more and more as the buff applies, just something small to show how much I'm being buffed currently

Last edited:
TheAphabet;n2332504 said:
I would opt for something a bit more subtle than icons, like
- Edge blur on screen for speed boost (e.g. the screen effects you get in L4D2 when taking Adrenaline),
- Red glow on weapons when damage boosted,
- Blue tint on screen when defense boosted.

- full Acid trip, stuff that is stronger than bers's parry to fully indicate that you are a true killing machine until the drug wears off and you end up shivering on the ground in your puke.

Tbh i do like the red glow thing on the gun... But it would be difficult to represent with the neon skins... Or just in general.
- Unless you add a radiating effect with a stronger stage to indicate the boost level.
(think of tf2 unusual gun effects)

Not hot on an tint, I don't want to experience battlefield 3 again.
What if a blue vignette with a shield graphic all over it, something like in crysis when you use your suit's shield ability.

Speed idk chief, its the least needed boost that needs to be indicated. You already feel its effect.
Adding sharpness and the blur imo will make it distracting and hella annoying for the sole reason that it will be frequent...
(it works for l4d because its occasional, not a frequent shot of adrenalin every 5 seconds.)
+ will be pain in the ass for streamers or anyone recording the game.

Upvote 0
I agree on you on all that, there are pros and cons to either in-game effects or icons.

I also think that it is possible to just re-use the icons on screen by applying a tint to the icons indicate a buff and the level of buffs applied like so:

Top: no buff
Botton: with 3x buff (say)

Edit: might have to work on the color of the font, but you get it.

buff_example.jpg

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0