• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

have the road redeemer be an ammo-less version of the hemoclobber

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Consensus is the Road Redeemer is bad. It's basically a worse version of the Katana--while it does the same damage it's brought down by 2 things: slightly slower swinging speed & bludgeon versus slashing.

I won't go into the science as to why this changes the weapon completely, and it's much more than a "batana", but the bottom line is that the Road Redeemer pales in comparison to the other melee weapons.

Recently with the addition of the Hemoclobber, consensus on that weapon is that it's very solid, and in some situations, outperforms the Pulverizer.

I often times find myself exhausting the alt-fire's ammo just so I can use the strong attack as a regular melee weapon without the alternate damage type (much like how some people use the Pulverizer). In doing so it occurred to me that the game has a regular bat, the Road Redeemer, which is what gave me this idea.

I think the Road Redeemer could become a decent alternative to the Hemoclobber, simply for people who want to use a classic baseball bat but without the Hemoclobber's alt-fire (even if it is helpful).

So simply put, I think the Road Redeemer should have the exact same stats as the Hemoclobber, but without the medic-grenade alt-fire.

The "bash attacks" from the Road Redeemer and the Hemoclobber should be swapped. There is no reason why one would need to stab with a bat, and the big needle on the end of the Hemoclobber currently serves no purpose.

And I (mostly) agree that Road Redeemer needs some kind of buff. If the zweihander's release is anything to go by, Tripwire is probably afraid to make it too strong lest people start screaming "pay to win" again.

Bludgeon damage is better than slash in most situations, but the katana's swing speed makes that irrelevant.

Upvote 0