• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Here with a "Weapon suggestion/want" graphic I spent WAAAAY too much time working on.

Nova!

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Here with a "Weapon suggestion/want" graphic I spent WAAAAY too much time working on.

nc8bkn5jxgy21.png

I've already posted a graphic with a few of the suggestions before on the KF2 subreddit, but I updated it since TWI announced two of my previously desired weapons are going to come next update.
  • Recently I've played CS:GO with friends and found a few cool pistols with mechanics I'd love to see in KF2, even though the devs already heavily favor Mando/Zerk/GS when it comes to new toys.
  • These are all "ideas", and "hypothetical". Pls no "but this gun wouldn't make sense because it's not realistic" or anything silly like that, aside from the Tier suggestions they're basically just doodles on a paper of ideas I'd love to see implemented.
  • The CS:GO pistols are obviously literally just ideas copy-pasted from the same pistols in the game, but they're really fun and I think they could work really well in KF2.
  • The first part of the "KF1 weapons" are weapons that could easily be ported into KF2 without worrying about being excess, IE they do something special other weapons that exist don't. Basically they're completely missing or glaring omissions.
  • The second part of the "KF1 weapons" are weapons that already pretty much exist in the game but would be relatively simple to port anyways - the two tommyguns have very slight stat differences from the base tommy and could be SWAT exclusive, the Mando-only M4 would be an interesting addition though kind of made irrelevant since fully-crossperk M4 is now a thing, and the LAW, Chainsaw, and "Shotgun" all already "exist" but could realistically still be put in as different weapons instead of just reskins.
  • Bile Thrower is separate from the other KF1 weapons because it'd need a rework, it's almost useless in KF1. I think making it the Firebug/Medic crossperk weapon, changing its damage a little, making it aggro low-tier zeds even when a bloat isn't around, and adding a healing gas/sauce alt-fire function to make it make sense as a Medic weapon would help it a lot in carving a unique niche, but, again, it's literally as simple as porting the model over and giving it some placeholder animations.
So yeah! Any comments or criticisms are welcome, as long as they're within reason.

Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Might I say that I'm totally glad you took so much time to expose your idea? That's something I often find lacking whenever fans try to talk about what they'd like to see.

Other than that, I don't have many things to say... Or more accurately, it would take quite a while to develop everything, so I'll just say which guns I'd love to see included!

R8 pistol, TEC-9, moss 12, hunting rifle, hmtech-601, M7A3, MK23, both Z.E.D. , multichamber zed thrower!

Reactions: Nova!
Upvote 0
The main idea is to give Beserker more flexibility - I've always enjoyed the weapons that allow Beserker to focus on being a ranged threat, like the Buzzsaw Bow, Eviscerator, and Nail gun, and figured it'd not only be a fun option, but would also work well with the characterization of the Beserker Perk - somebody that's literally using whatever they find to fight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes for Bow, Scythe and Riot Shield. Bow should also have penetration.
Tactical throwing knives maybe with bleed dot.
Tec-9 crossperk with GS ? Please no.
Moss-12 ... do we need another shotgun ?
Sniper rifle for medic ? No ... he is a support role.
Adding all missing weapons from KF1 is bad idea, because they are already replaced by new similar weapons, take a look:
AK-12 is AK-47
SG 500 is basic shotgun
M1911 is MK 23
RPG-7 is LAW
eviscerator have chainsaw feature
Tommy Gun is well ... Tommy Gun (I am aware that KF1 have 3 Tommy Guns, but the diference is only in mag capacity)

Upvote 0
I thought about the Bow & Arrow the other day. I think it would be viable and great as an off-perk weapon in the same category as the Killerwatt and Freezethrower or an actual Survivalist perk weapon, which would all-class it, I guess. You have my support on that one. HMTech-601 is interesting and maybe a little more video game-y or creative gameplay than a realistic medic weapon when considering a healer being an offensive sharpshooter type of class from far away when they should be with the team. Maybe something like the hunting rifle for a nice sharpshooter-type medic weapon. Might even be a good idea, considering there is only the pistol for semi-auto medic marksmanship unless you count the Hemogoblin.

Upvote 0
Don't see the point of having the bow and arrow when the crossbow (a widely considered upgrade to a regular bow and arrow) is already in the game. Plus, it's technically more accurate through the use of a scope instead of just your eyes. Also while some wish to give the zerk more ranged weapons, most of its skills are geared towards melee combat. That's why it's dumb to see a zerk trying at act like a gunslinger because outside of the general damage bonus on a few skills, they get no real benefit from them.

Upvote 0
The point of a bow and arrow would be a projectile Sharpie weapon that you have to charge to deal high damage with. Bows and crossbows can co-exist, just like they do in many other games, as separate types of weapons.

Also, just because Zerk has melee-focused skills doesn't mean it wouldn't benefit from some ranged weapon variety. As I've said before, I'm not focused on optimal gameplay, because optimal gameplay isn't the end-all be-all for weapon balance and additions.

Upvote 0
That's kinda what the crossbow does already since the arrow is drawn back to its maximum length. Pulling the string back just to get the same effect doesn't make a difference. The mechanic itself doesn't make much sense either because it's not the same as holding the charge of a husk cannon to build up the size of the projectile; all you're doing is allowing it to fly further.

And that's the point though; the zerker doesn't NEED ranged weapons. It's effectively like giving the demo the pulverizer; no demo in their right mind uses it because their strength lies with killing zeds at a distance do their explosives work. But some idiots thought demo should get it just because the thing shoots explosives charges on a heavy swing. There was a reason why it was a zerk weapon first and foremost.

You rarely see a zerk using the nail shotgun, and eviscerator is popular and useful due it being able to decapitate zeds at will and doubles as a melee weapon so it gets the best of everything. Occasionally you might see one using dual pistols because they're being a discount gunslinger, but they'd be better off using that perk anyway. Being melee oriented means you can effectively wipe waves of zeds with nothing but a bat, but you have to know when to back off and heal so you dont get overwhelmed and die. Putting in weapons that don't mesh well with a perk's main strength is effectively giving it a weapon no one is going to use, and TW doesn't want that. A zerker is best at getting in close and bashing heads; a bow and arrow makes you do the opposite.

If you really want it in, make it a pure SS weapon. Leave the zerker out of it because it doesn't need it.

Upvote 0
IDK if this response method will work properly, but - crossbows fire bolts, not actual arrows.They're different things entirely.

Also, again, these are just ideas to spice up gameplay. I'm sure there are dozens of reasons why certain aspects I gave the hypothetical weapons wouldn't work - and that's why they're just hypothetical. For example, an actual bow could be a tier 2 or even a tier 1 alternative for Sharpie since it could be a weaker crossbow. Or, it could be a super powerful bow that has insane penetration.

Upvote 0
This is a really awesome post in general, but by FAR my favorite suggestion here has got to be "HMTech-601 DMR"! Now that I see it, I'm honestly surprised something like that isn't already in the game. The Medic is one of the perks that could use some love in their weapon pool (even with the new Hemoclobber), and your suggestion is an elegant addition that really fits with the Medic playstyle. The Medic tends to be slightly separated from the action anyways so that they can keep a proper eye on the team, so a sniper rifle aids in that placement beautifully. As fun and unique as some of the others could be, if I could only have one of these it'd be the HMTech-601 DMR.

Reactions: Nova!
Upvote 0