• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seal Squeal: Cross-perk it with Sharpshooter

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Yeah, i know the Summer 2019 beta isn't a thing yet, though when you consider the difference in game mechanics between Killing Floor 1 and Killing Floor 2, i think it'd actually make sense for the Seal Squeal to be both a Demolitionist and Sharpshooter weapon

What i mean by "difference in game mechanics" is that the Harpoons in KF1 did very little damage, but had a 3.65 Headshot multiplier to compensate. However, since such mechanics aren't present in Killing Floor 2, I get the feeling that the harpoons will deal a decent amount of burst damage to compensate for how KF2 plays differently from KF1, effectively functioning more like a ballistic weapon with an explosive alt-fire, rather than be an explosive weapon like the M79 and RPG-7.

And while a Demolitionist would be more focused around inflicting raw damage, I can see the harpoons being used on Sharpshooter to build up a Rack em Up Stack before detonating the explosive harpoons. Sniper and Stability would also be able to increase the damage of the harpoon explosives.

Bumping this thread because after playing around with the Seal Squeal, I think it actually CAN be useful as a Sharpshooter weapon since the ballistic damage appears to be high enough to three-shot a Quarter Pound before the explosives even go off. Such damage would probably be welcome for the Sharpshooter perk

Upvote 0