• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need an AK lmg with 75 or 100 rds mag please!

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
^topic commando really need some stuff other than the stoner 63A.

it could be an rpd with 100 rds magazine and bully reload, or an rpk with 75 rds magazine and slightly faster reload,
keep some stats of this lmg to be same of AK. 40 damage, same rate of fire. it results in same DPS as AK and no chance of overpower.

its spare ammo can be as big as 800 (that's huge) but to compensate it could be as heavy as 15 KG and as costly as $2000! This is a gun incompatible with a secondary weapon but getting hold on itself!

PS: both the rpd and rpk had served the Vietnam war, this means MORE weapon skins to sell!

Reactions: Aleflippy
An RPD/Old school RPK would have to hit harder then an AK-12 due to the larger 7.62x39mm rounds vs the AK-12s smaller 5.45x39mm rounds. With this in mind i think a balanced RPK would look something like this.

Weapon Name: RPK
Price: 2000$
Fire Rate: 600RPM
Damage Per Shot: 50
Magazine Capacity: 75
Reload Time: 4.5 seconds
Ammo Capacity: 750 (10 mags)
Accuracy: Average
Weight: 9

Overall i'd love to see more Russian guns, especially WW2/Soviet era guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RaNdOmKiLs666;n2331277 said:
An RPD/Old school RPK would have to hit harder then an AK-12 due to the larger 7.62x39mm rounds vs the AK-12s smaller 5.45x39mm rounds. With this in mind i think a balanced RPK would look something like this.

Weapon Name: RPK-74
Damage Per Shot: 50
Magazine Capacity: 75
Reload Time: 4.5 seconds
Ammo Capacity: 750 (10 mags)
Weight: 9

Overall i'd love to see more Russian guns, especially WW2/Soviet era guns.

RPK74 use 5.45 rounds dude same as AK12. So it does not hit harder than AK12.

In my opinion this LMG shall weight 11+ so you cannot pair it with SCAR, otherwise the ammo pool with SCAR+RPK74 would easily outperform other loadouts ammo pools.
Also, I would like the user of this LMG to use it as the ONLY primary weapon, which means this LMG had trouble combining with "fallback" skill of commando. Better use the rarely selected "impact rounds" instead.
(Fallback provides faster SWITCHING and extra 9mm/knife damage, however it's f**ked while using this LMG cause you have NO other primary weapons to switch to.)

I think it would look like this:

Weapon Name: RPD (because it's belt fed)
Damage Per Shot: 40
Magazine Capacity: 75/100 according to history
Reload Time: 6 seconds (belt fed, because drum fed had trouble taking that long)
Ammo Capacity: 750
Weight: 11 or 12 or greater

SPECIAL: This weapon CANNOT bash because it's too heavy to swing! (Also this disables reload cancelling via bash)
SPECIAL: Altfire toggles between automatic and 3-shots burst, just like AK12
WARNING- Heavy drawback: If you are caught during reloads, you are f**ked!

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2331285 said:
RPK74 use 5.45 rounds dude same as AK12. So it does not hit harder than AK12.

I meant the RPK. My keyboard has this word suggestion thing, which automatically adds words i've searched to the suggestions, i simply selected the wrong one. Anyway It's all fixed now.

In my opinion this LMG shall weight 11+ so you cannot pair it with SCAR, otherwise the ammo pool with SCAR+RPK74 would easily outperform other loadouts ammo pools.
Also, I would like the user of this LMG to use it as the ONLY primary weapon, which means this LMG had trouble combining with "fallback" skill of commando. Better use the rarely selected "impact rounds" instead.
(Fallback provides faster SWITCHING and extra 9mm/knife damage, however it's f**ked while using this LMG cause you have NO other primary weapons to switch to.)

I think it would look like this:

Weapon Name: RPD (because it's belt fed)
Damage Per Shot: 40
Magazine Capacity: 75/100 according to history
Reload Time: 6 seconds (belt fed, because drum fed had trouble taking that long)
Ammo Capacity: 750
Weight: 11 or 12 or greater

SPECIAL: This weapon CANNOT bash because it's too heavy to swing! (Also this disables reload cancelling via bash)
SPECIAL: Altfire toggles between automatic and 3-shots burst, just like AK12
WARNING- Heavy drawback: If you are caught during reloads, you are f**ked!

This would be very underpowered, it'd be worse then the Stoner in almost every way. 40 x 600RPM (10 bullets per second) = 400DPS, while the stoner is 30 x 900RPM (15 bullets per second) = 450DPS.

Also who cares if people run certain loadouts? The RPG + GL combo has always been popular with demos, why does it matter if there's an RPK + SCAR-H combo with mando? Just seems like pointless nitpicking, plus such a combo would cost alot of dosh, meaning it wouldn't be available until later rounds anyway. The only way we'd see a 15 weight LMG type weapon is if TWI added a terminator 2 style minigun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RaNdOmKiLs666;n2331288 said:
I meant the RPK. My keyboard has this word suggestion thing, which automatically adds words i've searched to the suggestions, i simply selected the wrong one. Anyway It's all fixed now.

This would be very underpowered, it'd be worse then the Stoner in almost every way. 40 x 600RPM (10 bullets per second) = 400DPS, while the stoner is 30 x 900RPM (15 bullets per second) = 450DPS.

Also who cares if people run certain loadouts? The RPG + GL combo has always been popular with demos, why does it matter if there's an RPK + SCAR-H combo with mando? Just seems like pointless nitpicking, plus such a combo would cost alot of dosh, meaning it wouldn't be available until later rounds anyway. The only way we'd see a 15 weight LMG type weapon is if TWI added a terminator 2 style minigun.

If I were to build a 50 damage gun I'd like to seek for a weapon with bigger rounds, like the FN HAMR, or a lot simpler, the M60.

Anyway it's good to know that 50 damage * 600 rpm is not overpowered. That's more than I expected. I wanna use it!:rolleyes:

PS: M60 is also a vietnam war era weapon, which means vietnam skins!

Last edited:
Upvote 0