• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Offline perks and malfunction.

FranHz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2017
I speak for myself and for those who do not have a quality connection or just like to play without internet (I do not care if they are majority or minority). And also I'm just giving my idea for the game to work properly. I do not try to attack or offend or threaten anyone.;)

Hello everyone.;)

:rolleyes:Some time ago I was thinking of some system so that you can level up and be able to have the Perks level with no need to use the internet.
I find it annoying that if I run out of internet because of unknown cause or because I just want to use Steam in offline mode, I can not level up and the game does not work properly. For example: without internet when I go to inventory and choose Tom Banner with personalization and start a game my character changes to stock Reverend David Alberts and so all the time, as I say is very annoying because the game does not work properly without internet.:confused:
I was thinking that when you reach level 25 in some perk or in all perks, perk or perks are saved in the pc and to be used without internet BUT if someone passes the file so that another has the same level (25) and that person connects in the game the server detects that he went from, for example level 5 to level 25 in 1 hour all his perks will go to 0...:cool:
Or that you can simply level up without using internet sacrificing personalization (things gained in daily events that require internet obviously) at least but applying the said system to put the perks at 0 in case of hacking.:p
I speak for myself and for those who do not have a quality connection (I do not care if they are majority or minority). And also I'm just giving my idea for the game to work properly. I do not try to attack or offend someone.;) I would like developers to read this idea to correct these problems.

Last edited:
While offline perk progression would be nice, that "all his perk will go to 0" sounds very harsh, specially when perk leveling servers are pretty common in KF2, while it is a problem for HoE players, many just don't care much because many got legit to lvl 25 once or twice, but getting to lvl 25 legit for 4 times for any perk sounds like a drag for many players just for a shiny red weapon skin. What's even funnier I've seen players using headshot aimbots, while it would be hilarious to see the reaction of a player losing their progress due to hacking, someone will always find a workaround to hacking. Also, you got a weird intro with the "DO NOT REMOVE THE POST", fyi unless you break forum rules, posts don't get deleted, they might be ignored entirely if its dumb or boring, but not deleted.

Reactions: FranHz
Upvote 0
Edomaro;n2331084 said:
While offline perk progression would be nice, that "all his perk will go to 0" sounds very harsh, specially when perk leveling servers are pretty common in KF2, while it is a problem for HoE players, many just don't care much because many got legit to lvl 25 once or twice, but getting to lvl 25 legit for 4 times for any perk sounds like a drag for many players just for a shiny red weapon skin. What's even funnier I've seen players using headshot aimbots, while it would be hilarious to see the reaction of a player losing their progress due to hacking, someone will always find a workaround to hacking. Also, you got a weird intro with the "DO NOT REMOVE THE POST", fyi unless you break forum rules, posts don't get deleted, they might be ignored entirely if its dumb or boring, but not deleted.

thanks for answering
Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit because I've been thinking about a system to level up without internet for a while. What I put in the beginning was because it gave me the fear they could eliminate the post because it was against the functions of the game and the developers. (sorry for English, it's not my native language)

Upvote 0
It would be nice, but it's required to have internet for leveling because it's easy to hack your game client side and adjust your levels to make it seem like you're at 25 when you go online; only for others to find out you play like ass and kick you out because you're a load on the team. But hey, at least you can still PLAY the game while offline, unlike Overwatch which REQUIRES an internet connection just to play it.

Also, you may want to edit your post and remove the 'please do not remove' line. It gives the impression that you've done something to get banned before or performed an action that required your post to get deleted.

Reactions: FranHz
Upvote 0