Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Offline perks and malfunction.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline perks and malfunction.

I speak for myself and for those who do not have a quality connection or just like to play without internet (I do not care if they are majority or minority). And also I'm just giving my idea for the game to work properly. I do not try to attack or offend or threaten anyone.

Hello everyone.

Some time ago I was thinking of some system so that you can level up and be able to have the Perks level with no need to use the internet.
    I find it annoying that if I run out of internet because of unknown cause or because I just want to use Steam in offline mode, I can not level up and the game does not work properly. For example: without internet when I go to inventory and choose Tom Banner with personalization and start a game my character changes to stock Reverend David Alberts and so all the time, as I say is very annoying because the game does not work properly without internet.
    I was thinking that when you reach level 25 in some perk or in all perks, perk or perks are saved in the pc and to be used without internet BUT if someone passes the file so that another has the same level (25) and that person connects in the game the server detects that he went from, for example level 5 to level 25 in 1 hour all his perks will go to 0...
    Or that you can simply level up without using internet sacrificing personalization (things gained in daily events that require internet obviously) at least but applying the said system to put the perks at 0 in case of hacking.
    I speak for myself and for those who do not have a quality connection (I do not care if they are majority or minority). And also I'm just giving my idea for the game to work properly. I do not try to attack or offend someone. I would like developers to read this idea to correct these problems.
    Last edited by FranHz; 04-19-2019, 11:23 PM.

While offline perk progression would be nice, that "all his perk will go to 0" sounds very harsh, specially when perk leveling servers are pretty common in KF2, while it is a problem for HoE players, many just don't care much because many got legit to lvl 25 once or twice, but getting to lvl 25 legit for 4 times for any perk sounds like a drag for many players just for a shiny red weapon skin. What's even funnier I've seen players using headshot aimbots, while it would be hilarious to see the reaction of a player losing their progress due to hacking, someone will always find a workaround to hacking. Also, you got a weird intro with the "DO NOT REMOVE THE POST", fyi unless you break forum rules, posts don't get deleted, they might be ignored entirely if its dumb or boring, but not deleted.
    *A small text that tells you I did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Edomaro View Post
      While offline perk progression would be nice, that "all his perk will go to 0" sounds very harsh, specially when perk leveling servers are pretty common in KF2, while it is a problem for HoE players, many just don't care much because many got legit to lvl 25 once or twice, but getting to lvl 25 legit for 4 times for any perk sounds like a drag for many players just for a shiny red weapon skin. What's even funnier I've seen players using headshot aimbots, while it would be hilarious to see the reaction of a player losing their progress due to hacking, someone will always find a workaround to hacking. Also, you got a weird intro with the "DO NOT REMOVE THE POST", fyi unless you break forum rules, posts don't get deleted, they might be ignored entirely if its dumb or boring, but not deleted.
      thanks for answering
      Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit because I've been thinking about a system to level up without internet for a while. What I put in the beginning was because it gave me the fear they could eliminate the post because it was against the functions of the game and the developers. (sorry for English, it's not my native language)

Comment

It would be nice, but it's required to have internet for leveling because it's easy to hack your game client side and adjust your levels to make it seem like you're at 25 when you go online; only for others to find out you play like *** and kick you out because you're a load on the team. But hey, at least you can still PLAY the game while offline, unlike Overwatch which REQUIRES an internet connection just to play it.

Also, you may want to edit your post and remove the 'please do not remove' line. It gives the impression that you've done something to get banned before or performed an action that required your post to get deleted.

Comment

Working...
        X