• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More gear Compatibility = more individuality of character

AntiSocial

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2015
Hey, just thought it would be infinitely more interesting if most if not all gear should be able to be used at the same time so that players could make their avatar look even more individual. Just so different headgear that is at present incompatible could overlap & be worn at the same time, not as in 20 different helmets at once but within the current amount limitations as they are.

What say you?

Honestly there are items that should be compatible with other items, but for some odd reason they are not.
Would be nice if this was revisited.

Honestly i can add to the suggestion, is to add an extra cosmetic slot And adding ability to map 4 taunts into the slot, so you could use 4 emotes in one match via radial menu when you choose to emote.

Reactions: AntiSocial
Upvote 0
I think the only good way to do this is if somebody (or somebodies) made a list of what cosmetics they think should be compatible with each other (because there clearly are cosmetics that conflict, i.e. clip into each other in excess) that the devs can reference, because I do not think this is a pressing matter enough to warrant a developer's task force.

That is, compile the inter-compatibility list somewhere and perhaps this would be a better discussion.

The alternate option is to crowd-source compatibility options (i.e. "Big Data" approach) by allowing an in-game flagging system that users can use to indicate sets that might be compatible, but that would also take up development time.

Upvote 0