• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Demo Tier 1: M72 LAW

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Those who have played KF1 will probably be confused about my suggestion about making the Light Antitank Weapon a Tier 1 weapon. However, my suggestion is not the fictional rocket launcher from the first game, but the real life counterpart, which cannot be reloaded at all.

Perhaps these stats can be agreed upon?

M72 LAW
    Price: $200
    Weight: 0
    Ammo Capacity: One rocket. Make it count.
    Damage: 200 RPG-7 Damage Type, 850 Explosive
    Explosion Radius: 8.5m (same as M79)

Due to the disposable nature of the LAW, i think it would be best for it to be weightless for balance purposes. Because my suggestion for the LAW is to make it Tier 1, this also means that there's a low chance that you might stumble upon this single-fire rocket off the ground (Maybe it could have its own specific probability modifier so that it appears less frequently than other T1 weapons?).

While i doubt Demos will want to spend $200 for a single rocket every wave, i can kind of see the LAW having some off-perk utility with the Commando, Support or Berserker setting up a Scrake or Fleshpound takedown.

I'd rather see a Panzerfaust as a Tier 2. Performance wise it'd act like a higher damage M79, but with half the splash radius and less max ammo, it'd be good against scrakes (with headshots) FP/QFP and all medium zeds. Basically it'd be an early game RPG-7 that you could use in tandem with the grenade pistol.

s5yn3t;n2331048 said:
    What do you mean by "200 RPG-7 Damage type"?

Maybe they meant impact damage.

Upvote 0
    Disposable rocket launchers could serve an interesting unique role, and the way you suggest them: weightless, carry one, 200D, would be good for offperk use, but I think I'd prefer an implementation that has more use for demo loadouts lacking an RPG7:
    Carry as many as you like, but they each cost 100D, and each weigh 1. More affordable and adaptable, but with some burden. As far as selecting items goes, your multiple LAWs could work like one weapon, but selling and dropping would just be one launcher at a time.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Flash...I know you're known for thinking up interesting ideas...but come on man. Have some common sense here. Those 3 perks would have little reason to even touch a rocket launcher, and it's pretty unnecessary to use one early in the game. I guess commando might have a reason, but that perk doesn't need anything else and ought to focus on trash if they're still around so the guys who can kill a big zed quickly dont get interrupted. Support has shotguns that can get the job done and zerk has plenty of melee weapons to deal with anything, include bosses. A demo would also have little reason to pick up an RPG that early, as they might just wind up wasting ammo on trash; especially if this proposed weapon has very little ammo. As a demo main myself, if this was maybe a tier 2 or something , I might take it up. But a tier1? And you are mostly proposing it as a weapon other perks besides the one you're suggesting it would be for would have more use out of it? Sorry, but gameplay-wise, that doesn't make much sense.

plus, I doubt tripwire would add a rocket launcher to be grabbed so early in the game.

Upvote 0
    We already thought about disposable RLs a long time ago, and I was a great supporter of that idea. As you mentioned, I'm not certain that the demo itself would find much use in such a weapon... But the other perks? It would act similarly to the pipe bombs of the first game : a potent and deadly back-up tool.

However, as others pointed out, T1 don't mean much in that game sadly... Unless if Tripwire suddenly decides to allow us to choose our starting loadouts, it simply can't be done. I do believe it could be some-sort of "off-perk, off-tier" weapon, just like the dual 9mm.

And bottom-line would be... How would you balance it out? Would you be able to buy the weapon multiple times? How much would it weight? Should it be able to one-shot a fleshpound or "just" deal plenty of damage?

Upvote 0