• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are your top 3 QoL Changes for KF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should maybe make this a proper survey with the whole community Yoshiro maybe promoting that you're asking things to the whole community from the game menu, I don't know, I already see how it will turn out with this kind of niche threads only the forum nerds will see, we'll have a "toggle sprint" like community feature that... who asked for by the way (pretty sure the whole community would have preferred some other 'community request' to be worked on)?

I don't even know how I found this thread, probably by mistake clicking the wrong sub forum.

edit: and yeah, my not top 'picks' too (not top because I can't see how to sort the never ending list of requests/bugs since Early Access):

- rework the zed spawning system, I like dynamic spawning, but it sucks currently, because if you turn around for a split second, and lose line of sight on a zed spawn for example while escaping a group of zeds, you turn around (look back) to see what's going on in your back, then you have a group of zed in front of you when you turn around again (look front). and this in like a second. Maybe simply adding a timer when losing line of sight would fix this issue. Also the zeds spawning in plain line of sight because you don't see the top of the spawn volume (when you see body/legs of zeds spawning for example), not sure this is fixed.
- give server admins some love, at least once. servers work good (I can run my server without restarting for month now without issue on Linux), OK, but many many things have been asked for since Early Access, not in the mood to dig all the threads but I'm sure you already have a gigantic list somewhere right?
- focusing on the bug reports more, for real, because waiting multiple months, is not acceptable, for a bug I, myself, without being a coder, found the root in the code as it was so obvious, a TWI staff would have been able to spot that in seconds (knowing what changed in last patch regarding specific things) when I put 5 minutes to find why we would spawn with 0 dosh in specific conditions (it only needed to look in the little part of code where the list of amount of dosh at spawn per wave number was clearly wrong). Also, more hot fixes then instead of waiting another whole patch to (maybe) fix documented issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharrahnox
Upvote 0
Lord Exor;n2330894 said:
1. Player collision should be disabled by default.
There's no reason for player collision to exist at all, it only creates opportunities for griefing teammates and accidental deaths.

2. Welding.
I'm not entirely certain this can be fixed this far into the game's development, but welding is a nigh-pointless mechanic given how frenetic and mobile KF2's gameplay is.

3. A more dynamic game coordinator.
I don't know how feasible this is, but a more robust and creative game coordinator to determine zed spawns--depending on player performance--would vastly increase the game's variety and replayability. For example, if a team is seeing success every wave for digging their heels into an impregnable camping spot, spawn a group of E.D.A.R. Blasters or Bombers to take them out. I would like to see the game get a bit more intelligent with its zed placement and spawn groups.

1/ it is already in the game, as a server option.
2/ I weld a lot (demo main), and it often saves the game when done at the right time at the right place. I don't know probably depends on how you play, but yeah welding seems underused in KF 2 especially because doors have a pool of life and can not hold indefinitely if you weld them continuously.
3/ this system already exists in the game, and it is called game conductor https://wiki.killingfloor2.com/index.php?title=Mechanics_(Killing_Floor_2)#Gameplay_-_Game_Conductor or maybe you would want this system improved?

Upvote 0
I'd like a UI overhaul that mainly makes inventory management easier including:

1. Better options for organising and viewing currently owned items, like sort by duplicates etc.
2. A page were you select perk and then visually see each weapon and the currently active skill on that weapon, maybe with a ! marker for weapons with new skins.
3 A live countdown timer on the home screen till next in game item drop with an indicator showing if you are eligable (ie have you done you're 30 mins in game).

Reactions: Cannonaire
Upvote 0
I think Exor just wants the system improved, yeah. I'd like to see it improved as well - a shift to the more sporadic and grouped Zeds director system of KF1. The system in KF2 really sucks because unlike KF1 it's a constant stream of Zeds from every direction. It's super easy to get overwhelmed if you aren't all paying attention to specific areas, and it's unfun because instead of tearing down a group of Zeds, especially on HOE with 6 players, it's just a constant onslaught every time you turn around. This makes later waves especially painful - don't have 2 SC/FP killers watching every area or lane? Your team is gonna get ****ed by the 4 FPs that decided to spawn one after another and run you down.

KF1 felt like the balance was much more sensible. Sure you had times where there were just nothing to kill and it was easier to camp in an area, but that's part of the fun. My memories of camping the roof on Apartments or Hospital, watching the lanes as zeds spawned in, stand out a lot more and are a lot more positive than my memories in KF2 of never beating HoE because my team gets overwhelmed by 6 Fleshpounds on each side of us, or almost every wave becoming a Zerker running in a huge circle picking off Zeds while we wait for 5 minutes cause Quater Pound Parties. If camping is perceived as a problem, solve it through map design, not through trying to beat camping in the engine. The point of the game is to survive, and camping may not be the most exciting, but it's much more exciting that you can actually beat 6p HoE with it than it is in KF2 here HoE feels like a coin toss.

I mean, hell, that's why the boss round exists. As much fun as I had camping, very rarely on higher difficulties did the teams actually beat KF1 Patty cause he could one-shot the entire group if we camped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.